Coffee Enema

iLoveSugar

RP has mentioned this to me in the past. Has anyone here ever done one/benefitted?

4peatssake

iLoveSugar said:
RP has mentioned this to me in the past. Has anyone here ever done one/benefitted?
In what context did he recommend this to you? I'd be interested in hearing what he said about this.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

4peatssake said:
iLoveSugar said:
In what context did he recommend this to you? I'd be interested in hearing what he said about this.

I save almost all of our conversations, but for some reason I can not find this one. When talking about enemas, due to my chronic constipation, he mentioned salt/aspirin enemas as well as coffee enemas. I will dig deeper to see if I can retrieve it.

4peatssake

iLoveSugar said:
4peatssake said:
iLoveSugar said:

I save almost all of our conversations, but for some reason I can not find this one. When talking about enemas, due to my chronic constipation, he mentioned salt/aspirin enemas as well as coffee enemas. I will dig deeper to see if I can retrieve it.
Thank you iLoveSugar! :hattip

If you have the conversations and can spare the time, it would be helpful to all of us to have them included in the forum's Ray Peat Email Advice Depository

Charlie said:
This thread will be for posting email exchanges from Ray Peat.

This thread is reserved for email advice exchanges only. If you would like to discuss anything posted in this thread, feel free to make your own thread, or you can go over the Ray Peat Email Advice Depository Discussion/Comment Thread

Please help by posting email exchanges you have had, or any exchange that you run across on the web. Please give citation or hat tip when possible.

Parsifal

[ moderator edit: posts moved from I'm Losing Hope ]

Btw by far most effective thing for liver detox and bile flow, gallbladder cleanse is coffee enema. Maybe its not in Peat protocol, but it really works. It's not like drinking coffee. It has completely different effect on the body..
Yes, that's why I've read! I wonder why it doesn't work like coffee from the top up. I would still be careful because too much bile release can be quite irritating for the gut and increase stress hormones a lot (in my experience when I pass burning stools).

Last edited by a moderator:

YuraCZ

Yes, that's why I've read! I wonder why it doesn't work like coffee from the top up. I would still be careful because too much bile release can be quite irritating for the gut and increase stress hormones a lot (in my experience when I pass burning stools).
Enema has much stronger and direct effect on the liver. Drinking coffee goes in the stomach, then it affect brain and then the liver..

Parsifal

Enema has much stronger and direct effect on the liver. Drinking coffee goes in the stomach, then it affect brain and then the liver..
So you could do a coffee enema before going to bed and not really feel it?

Parsifal

After my second coffee enema something like this (30cm long) went out of my ****..
rope worms - Hledat Googlem
I've also had this kind of things going out with dilluted lemon juice enemas in the past (silly I know, raw vegan madness). I think that you irritate the mucosa of your colon so it produces thick mucus. If you want to know if that it is really a parasite you have to make it tested in a lab.

YuraCZ

So you could do a coffee enema before going to bed and not really feel it?
Yes coffee enemas have much lower stimulating effect. I can't tolerate even 2 tsp of coffee by drinking it. But from the enema I don't have a problem with 3 rounded tablespoons.. I feel after coffee enema like I'm better oxygenated or something. When I go riding my bike after enema. I feel like I'm on EPO or what. :) Less burning in the legs, better oxygenated like I said. The liver works simply better after enema some time. By drinking coffee. I don't feel none of that. Only negative effects..

Parsifal

Yes coffee enemas have much lower stimulating effect. I can't tolerate even 2 tsp of coffee by drinking it. But from the enema I don't have a problem with 3 rounded tablespoons.. I feel after coffee enema like I'm better oxygenated or something. When I go riding my bike after enema. I feel like I'm on EPO or what. :) Less burning in the legs, better oxygenated like I said. The liver works simply better after enema some time. By drinking coffee. I don't feel none of that. Only negative effects..
Interesting! Thanks!

Makrosky

Yes I can feel the good effects on the liver from the coffee enema but not when I drink coffee. I get similar feelings from the coffee enema as you. I've also noticed it allows the emotions to freely flow much better.

YuraCZ

Yes I can feel the good effects on the liver from the coffee enema but not when I drink coffee. I get similar feelings from the coffee enema as you. I've also noticed it allows the emotions to freely flow much better.
I'm really curious what this really is. I don't think it's parasite or worm or something like that. Maybe some old layer of the colon? It was in my pale stool today again interesting.. I will continue with coffe enemas. Will see, what happen..

Makrosky

I'm really curious what this really is. I don't think it's parasite or worm or something like that. Maybe some old layer of the colon? It was in my pale stool today again interesting.. I will continue with coffe enemas. Will see, what happen..
I stopped doing coffee enemas because despite the GREAT benefits, I reached a point after a few months where I was havin these issues that made me feel quite bad :
- I think some released bile was going up my stomach and causing discomfort and nausea
- I think I was altering too much the electrolyte balance with all that water straight to the colon
- And I think I was inserting some bacteria or endotoxin or something because I was farting a loooot after coffee enemas.

This didn't happen at the beginning, it only happened after a few months of 2/3 x week.

I also had things similar to what you say. Only at the beginning, the first 10 coffee enemas or so, then they disappeared. I don't think it's parasites. I think it's more like a mucous membrane/layer or something. Or maybe some food that creates that specific fecal residue.

Try red light. I used to feel spacey af from coffee... Red llight always seemed to make it better

BobbyDukes

I did a coffee enema once (bought all the kit, organic enema coffee), and it made me super depressed for about three days after. Would this be a detox reaction, do you think? Should I have kept going with the enemas? Sorry, just asking because it sounds like you have some experience with it. I got scared off from that one experience.

I guess I also found the experience Itself pretty uncomfortable. I mean, who wants to lay there with a tube of warm water trickling up their anal passage, whilst led on the bathroom floor. I didn't like it. It felt like I was being violated. Is it something that you learn to tolerate?

YuraCZ

I did a coffee enema once (bought all the kit, organic enema coffee), and it made me super depressed for about three days after. Would this be a detox reaction, do you think? Should I have kept going with the enemas? Sorry, just asking because it sounds like you have some experience with it. I got scared off from that one experience.

I guess I also found the experience Itself pretty uncomfortable. I mean, who wants to lay there with a tube of warm water trickling up their anal passage, whilst led on the bathroom floor. I didn't like it. It felt like I was being violated. Is it something that you learn to tolerate?
Water or coffee? water enema is very uncomfortable(with huge amounts of water 1 L or more for colon cleansing purposes), but Im ok with coffee enema. Btw temperature of coffee should be same as body temperature and ideally max 2 cups of coffee at the time. Coffee enema is not colon clense, but liver/gallbladder detox. viz.
http://gerson.org/pdfs/How_Coffee_Enemas_Work.pdf
Btw I'm doing enemas 2x500ml 20 minute each every day now and I'm not doing enemas in the bathroom. Only some plastic bag under the **** just for case and it's not stressful or uncomfortable at all. If you have some skills...

Makrosky

Hi Bobby,

I never experienced a depressed feeling from a coffee enema, quite the opposite in fact. Some times specially at the beginning I even felt kind of euphoric and happier. Sorry I don't know if you should keep doing them if you had such a bad reaction. Maybe someone can ask Ray ?

LOL, I never felt violated man, you're exaggerating! How I was doing them was : Let the coffee enema solution to get in the rectum, make sure I don't "leak". And then move to the bed to lay comfortably for 15-20 minutes. Then go to the toilet again.

I stopped doing them for the reasons I mentioned a few posts up and because it takes a lot of time to prepare the thing, take the enema, lay, evacuate, clean everything, etc. Also I started to apply RP's ideas so I got healthier without needing to do that. I'll try to do another one one of these days and see how it feels.

Feel free to ask whatever you want.

johnsmith

Perhaps this video explains why Ray mentioned a coffee enema for your constipation problems. I want to try it out.