Getting Ripped With Dr Peat

Gl;itch.e

Curt :-) said:
So Gl;tch.e & VoS, how many reps do you guys leave in the tank? Or do you not get anywhere near failure?
Note of context; I only do variations on pull-ups, dips, some planche and L-sit work, pistol squats. Volume and intensity is very low.
No I quite often go to failure or very very close to it. The difference is how I do it. For instance on a large exercises like deadlifts, bench press or squats I will often go to failure (or very close to it, failure isnt really what Im after though) but around the 5 rep mark. At this point failure is generally due to technique, the phospho-creatine/atp energy system and much less to do with metabolic build up/lactic acid accumulation. Theres no extreme "burning" in the muscles to speak of.

Having said that I will still often go to failure or use sets with much higher reps and endure some lactic acid build up. However I only do so with much smaller exercises that are isolating a small amount of muscle. The total metabolic burden on the body is much less and easier to clear. I think if you do so in an environment of adequate sugars and have ample post workout nutrition (maybe some extra b1) I think most people can handle this just fine.

For the type of bodyweight exercises you are doing you are probably better off doing multiple sets of lower reps. So where you might do a set of 12 pullups in one go you could split this into 3-4 sets of 3-4 reps. Making each rep of each "mini-set" as explosive as possible will stimulate the muscle more than just doing one set of 12 where speed and form drops off towards the end. Progress can be made by simply adding an extra rep per session up to a point.

Peata

Gl;itch.e said:
Curt :-) said:
So Gl;tch.e & VoS, how many reps do you guys leave in the tank? Or do you not get anywhere near failure?
Note of context; I only do variations on pull-ups, dips, some planche and L-sit work, pistol squats. Volume and intensity is very low.
No I quite often go to failure or very very close to it. The difference is how I do it. For instance on a large exercises like deadlifts, bench press or squats I will often go to failure (or very close to it, failure isnt really what Im after though) but around the 5 rep mark. At this point failure is generally due to technique, the phospho-creatine/atp energy system and much less to do with metabolic build up/lactic acid accumulation. Theres no extreme "burning" in the muscles to speak of.

Having said that I will still often go to failure or use sets with much higher reps and endure some lactic acid build up. However I only do so with much smaller exercises that are isolating a small amount of muscle. The total metabolic burden on the body is much less and easier to clear. I think if you do so in an environment of adequate sugars and have ample post workout nutrition (maybe some extra b1) I think most people can handle this just fine.

For the type of bodyweight exercises you are doing you are probably better off doing multiple sets of lower reps. So where you might do a set of 12 pullups in one go you could split this into 3-4 sets of 3-4 reps. Making each rep of each "mini-set" as explosive as possible will stimulate the muscle more than just doing one set of 12 where speed and form drops off towards the end. Progress can be made by simply adding an extra rep per session up to a point.

Baking soda and sugar before and/or after workout can also assist with the lactic acid.

Have you ever heard of "milkshaking"? It's interesting if you want to look it up - a controversial way to enhance race horses.

thebigpeatowski said:
...Things are improving every day and with each new Peat Tool that I experiment with/add to my regime, I find he is SPOT ON....
Hi, bigp! What are the Peat tools you've added? Is it something like this:

[Activated charcoal, we know]
sugar and protein? in a ratio? Total calories?
saturated fat from coconut oil?
a grain or two of thyroid?
I'm guessing progesterone, too?
anything else I'm missing?

Thanks for sharing!

Gl;itch.e

Peata said:
Baking soda and sugar before and/or after workout can also assist with the lactic acid.

Have you ever heard of "milkshaking"? It's interesting if you want to look it up - a controversial way to enhance race horses.
I think this buffering effect is likely to only be of use if you are attempting to perform longer duration exercise like running or rowing etc. It still might be useful after a workout, but then you might have to watch the effect it could have on digestion if taken close to food.

Peata

Gl;itch.e said:
Peata said:

I think this buffering effect is likely to only be of use if you are attempting to perform longer duration exercise like running or rowing etc. It still might be useful after a workout, but then you might have to watch the effect it could have on digestion if taken close to food.

Yes, probably most effective on long duration. I've heard it slows digestion for about 15 minutes if taken around food.

visionofstrength said:
thebigpeatowski said:
...Things are improving every day and with each new Peat Tool that I experiment with/add to my regime, I find he is SPOT ON....
Hi, bigp! What are the Peat tools you've added? Is it something like this:

[Activated charcoal, we know]
sugar and protein? in a ratio? Total calories?
saturated fat from coconut oil?
a grain or two of thyroid?
I'm guessing progesterone, too?
anything else I'm missing?

Thanks for sharing!

Hi VoS... the Tools I have been using lately are: Thyroid (one whole Cynoplus per day), Lots of fruit OJ and pure 100% fructose, 100 grams of protein per day, lots of low-fat or 0% fat dairy to keep calcium/phosphorous ratio optimum, at least 20 gms of gelatin per day (sometimes more), lots of coffee (5 cups per day), supplement B vitamins daily, supplement vit. A on occasion, MCT oil and ACV on carrot salad, Progest-E during Luteal phase of my cycle (I used to take a LOT more, I take less now and sometimes none at all...just depends on how I am feeling.), red light last winter was very helpful, now I just go outside and get some sun, LOTS of salt (although I noticed I crave less now than I did last winter), occasional magnesium in the evening, occasional Mexican coke with aspirin and occasional pint of Haagen Dazs (what? that's a Legit Tool)...oh yeah, and severe PUFA restriction. I have found that all of these things if applied consistently, make me feel better and better every single day.....definitely gonna add Activated Charcoal in meaningful quantities as a regular feature to my Tool Box.

Peata said:
Jennifer said:
Second day of AC for me and still having bouts of diarrhea. :( If it's still happening tomorrow, I'm going to increase the dose. Maybe I'll keep up with small doses during the day and take a big one at night...
Just a thought, any chance it's the baking soda? I've seen others on the forum say they feel that baking soda gives them diarrhea.

You can get a comparable amount of bicarbonate (or as much as you want) by breathing a sodium bicarb solution from a nebulizer or fast inhaler, and it bypasses your stomach acid.

Peata

visionofstrength said:
Peata said:
Jennifer said:
Second day of AC for me and still having bouts of diarrhea. :( If it's still happening tomorrow, I'm going to increase the dose. Maybe I'll keep up with small doses during the day and take a big one at night...
Just a thought, any chance it's the baking soda? I've seen others on the forum say they feel that baking soda gives them diarrhea.

You can get a comparable amount of bicarbonate (or as much as you want) by breathing a sodium bicarb solution from a nebulizer or fast inhaler, and it bypasses your stomach acid.

No, I've had this issue for ages. Had the "IBS" Dx back in early 20s. Have had other digestive issues. But I'm sure I'll overcome it soon. Thanks for the thought though.

thebigpeatowski said:
Hi VoS... the Tools I have been using lately are: Thyroid (one whole Cynoplus per day), Lots of fruit OJ and pure 100% fructose, 100 grams of protein per day, lots of low-fat or 0% fat dairy to keep calcium/phosphorous ratio optimum, at least 20 gms of gelatin per day (sometimes more), lots of coffee (5 cups per day), supplement B vitamins daily, supplement vit. A on occasion, MCT oil and ACV on carrot salad, Progest-E during Luteal phase of my cycle (I used to take a LOT more, I take less now and sometimes none at all...just depends on how I am feeling.), red light last winter was very helpful, now I just go outside and get some sun, LOTS of salt (although I noticed I crave less now than I did last winter), occasional magnesium in the evening, occasional Mexican coke with aspirin and occasional pint of Haagen Dazs (what? that's a Legit Tool)...oh yeah, and severe PUFA restriction. I have found that all of these things if applied consistently, make me feel better and better every single day.....definitely gonna add Activated Charcoal in meaningful quantities as a regular feature to my Tool Box.
Thanks! You came independently it seems to the same inspirational results that others have posted in this thread.

I'll personally bookmark and remember this as an inspirational success for Getting Ripped with Dr. Peat, now that the activated charcoal is working in large doses (so far, fingers crossed)!

Jennifer

thebigpeatowski said:
Jennifer said:
thebigpeatowski said:
Jennifer said:
....With that being said, I wouldn't want the AC to eliminate all my symptoms. I'm quite fond of my compulsions and would have way too much free time on my hands if I didn't have them. What would I do with myself? :D

LOL...that was me EXACTLY back in June when I did my Garlic Extravaganza. I found myself so suddenly normal that I wasn't quite sure what to do with all my extra time. Activated Charcoal feels to me like it could be even better. Things are improving every day and with each new Peat Tool that I experiment with/add to my regime, I find he is SPOT ON....still amazed that he figured all this stuff out.

I guess I could actually start lifting heavy objects in my spare time and really get ripped.

Ha ha...your garlic protocol was going to be my next step if the super strength oregano oil and Glutagenics didn't work.

I had explained to my doctor that this woman, thebigpeatowski on the RPforum, had done a garlic experiment with amazing results and had I not had such a burning gut at the time, I would of done it myself. I was SO tempted! I really had to hold myself back on that one. 6 years of digestive h*ll and I wanted it over with. My doctor said she didn't blame me. She said if the oregano oil and Glutagenics didn't work, than we would try your garlic protocol.

Of course, I had waited till yesterday to take the Glutagenics because it contains licorice root and I've read that's estrogenic. I really need to learn how to pick my battles because so far today, the Glutagenics has helped my digestion amazingly. It cleared up the issue with the AC I was having.

I really should trust my doctor more. She doesn't even bat an eye when I come in with all my "Ray" research or when I mention names like thebigpeatowski and how she tried this and it worked. :lol: God help us! She actually trusts in my abilities. She knows I'm in it to win it! :D

I'm thinking a separate digestion thread might be in order. I know we have at least two other members (sunmountain and iLoveSugar) on another thread suffering with digestive stress who I think could really use the support.

Hi Jennifer, I suffered digestively (pretty sure that's not a word) for years too. My appendix ruptured exactly four years ago and I was in a tail spin ever since. Oregano oil did nothing for me except burn all the way through, ouch.....I have never heard of Glutagenics, must check that out. My doctors (every single one of them) have been useless. You're fortunate to have found one that you like and she listens! Start that thread, or at least an AC thread...er maybe one already exists and I just don't know about it?

Oh yes! You're famous in this household. I had been following your thread and I explained to my doctor all about your ruptured appendix crisis. She had a WOW! look on her face. I'm always coming in her office with crazy ideas or stories and like I said, she doesn't bat an eye. She knows how messed up the medical system is. She's only around 39 and has purple hair and a nose ring and plays rock music in the doctor's office. Meanwhile, you see large amethyst stones and Himalayan rock salt lamps scattered all around. So she's definitely an original! Like me and others on this forum, she thinks outside the box and never gives up trying so we're a perfect fit. Anyone looking for an awesome doctor in New Hampshire, I can hook you up! ;)

sunmountain

Here is my crono. The first two pics are 8/14. Then I didn't crono for a few days. The next two pics are from today. I had an odd workday schedule today, so between that and skipping morning snack due to daytime AC, I ran a calorie deficit today. Also, crono does not show my supps: A, D, E, K, Niacinamide, B1, B12, Haidut's B formula, progest-e, pregnenolone, cascara, cynoplus, cypro.

Today's crono:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 612
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 614
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 606
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 598
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 592
Jennifer said:
I thought it might of been from getting bound up from the AC, but now I don't know. If I could finally get my gut healed, I won't keep going around in circles as to what's causing what.
I see that Jennifer has started the Long-Winded Digestion Thread, perhaps for sharing intimacies of digestion if you prefer?

Ben

This thread about getting ripped is now about Activated Charcoal. I think I will celebrate by posting a pic of my built body covered in Activated Charcoal! Just wait! XD

Ben said:
This thread about getting ripped is now about Activated Charcoal. I think I will celebrate by posting a pic of my built body covered in Activated Charcoal! Just wait! XD
Whoda thunk it? I'm trying out megadoses of activated charcoal and coconut/MCT oil, which reduces stress on the liver, on the theory that bodyfat is just the liver's response to stress. Less stress on the liver, less bodyfat, is the idea. If it works it will be freakin awesome!

If you want to experiment yourself, I'm doing:
activated charcoal: 2-3 tablespoons
coconut/MCT oil: 6-8 tablespoons

Still need 200 grams proteins and 500 grams of sugar (and a grain or two of thyroid) to build lean body mass!

How goes the getting ripped for you, Ben?

managing

VoS: Care to post an updated summary of the Plan? I know the original is back on like page 4 or something, but I think its evolving?

Ben

visionofstrength said:
Ben said:
Whoda thunk it? I'm trying out megadoses of activated charcoal and coconut/MCT oil, which reduces stress on the liver, on the theory that bodyfat is just the liver's response to stress. Less stress on the liver, less bodyfat, is the idea. If it works it will be freakin awesome!

If you want to experiment yourself, I'm doing:

Still need 200 grams proteins and 500 grams of sugar (and a grain or two of thyroid) to build lean body mass!

How goes the getting ripped for you, Ben?
I think it's right, but I think the mechanism would be a little different. If the liver is under minimal stress and has enough protein for its functioning, then it can more effectively detoxify estrogen and other inflammatory hormones that store fat.

I consider trying activated charcoal, but is there a difference between the kind for human consumption and the type for carbon filters? I don't know if any of my supermarkets have AC available as a dietary supplement, or even if that would be any safer than AC for other purposes. My grocery store has baking soda in the baking section as a different brand and slightly more expensive, while the kind in the laundry section that's cheaper is just as safe, for example.

When it comes to my body, it's obviously not optimal. Although I'm built, obviously so, I still have some bodyfat, particularly around my gut. It appears to be genetic, because my father has the same build, and I developed this build around the time I hit puberty. So if I could get rid of this bodyfat, I would have the ideal build, but I have a doubt that's going to happen. I never had visible abs on any kind of diet, including RP, something would need to be extraordinarily effective if it were to change this pattern that has been static for years.

Such_Saturation said:
A lot of posts got mixed! Very confused.
I think Charlie was asked to move the activated charcoal posts to the "Long-Winded Digestion Thread". Your cool video and carbon illustration are over there now!

Ben said:
I consider trying activated charcoal, but is there a difference between the kind for human consumption and the type for carbon filters? I don't know if any of my supermarkets have AC available as a dietary supplement, or even if that would be any safer than AC for other purposes. My grocery store has baking soda in the baking section as a different brand and slightly more expensive, while the kind in the laundry section that's cheaper is just as safe, for example.
Agreed. I use the food grade AC, because I hope it's prepared in an hygienic environment. It's surprisingly inexpensive in bulk. I buy a pound of it on Amazon for something less than $20, or pennies per tablespoon serving.

Ben said:
When it comes to my body, it's obviously not optimal. Although I'm built, obviously so, I still have some bodyfat, particularly around my gut. It appears to be genetic, because my father has the same build, and I developed this build around the time I hit puberty. So if I could get rid of this bodyfat, I would have the ideal build, but I have a doubt that's going to happen. I never had visible abs on any kind of diet, including RP, something would need to be extraordinarily effective if it were to change this pattern that has been static for years.
managing said:
VoS: Care to post an updated summary of the Plan? I know the original is back on like page 4 or something, but I think its evolving?
The evolving "Getting Ripped Peat diet" in this thread seems to be something like this:

Proteins: nonfat low-tryptophan (or high casein) protein sources (3g/kg of body weight)
Sugars: fructose and glucose from sucrose (6-9g/kg of body weight)
Fats: saturated fat from coconut/MCT oil (may range from 5 - 20% of total calories)

Add to this daily: coffee or cocoa, a few ounces of liver (early in the day), OJ (later in the day), a grain or two of thyroid, 1-3 grams of pregnenolone, Vitamin E (2 grams) and Vitamin K2-MK4 (30 drops).

But we are still left to resolve the most difficult issue for many in the forum, who profess to having both gut distress and unwanted bodyfat.

The various methods Peat suggests (carrots, bamboo shoots, gelatin) seem inadequate to resolve this gut distress for many.

But almost all forms of gut distress are known to respond immediately to activated charcoal. And Peat thinks saturated fat can spare the liver from stress.

What if the missing piece is to use large doses of activated charcoal and to increase saturated fat to 20% of the diet. So, I'm trying this:

Of course, if it were to work, it would be freaking awesome! If anyone else is willing to try (superhuman, Ben?), please PM me if you have questions.

My comment to sunmountain got moved as well. I think the charcoal can pick up noxious stuff if it's not prepared correctly.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals