Thyro-Gold or Nutri-Meds

A place to ask for help and suggestions regarding health issues.
JohnS

Re: Thyro-Gold or Nutri-Meds

Unread postby JohnS » Thu May 16, 2013 10:08 am

So for the Cynoplus and Cytomel, how do you figure out which one to use or do you use both at the same time?

mom of 8
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Unread postby mom of 8 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:06 pm

Edward,

i have serious brain fog issues currently so i really dont understand what the medical articles you posted are saying, except you dont think its a good idea to take forskohili. my 1st question is do you think even at only 25 mg it could pose a serious threat? also, do you think maybe one could take evasive action and take fish oil or milk thistle, (or other) to prevent the dumping of fatty deposits into the liver and still take the product (on the assumption that thyro-gold made them feel better of course) ?

Jenn

Unread postby Jenn » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:28 pm

My opinion is to focus on food and maybe pregnenelone first before taking something you are uncomfortable with. Getting enough sugar,potassium, aspirin and pregnenelone were more effective for thinking than thyroid. Thyroid, for ME, mainly helps with body temp. Not that body temp isn't important, just talking about immediate, noticeable effects.

4peatssake

Unread postby 4peatssake » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:50 pm

JohnS wrote:So for the Cynoplus and Cytomel, how do you figure out which one to use or do you use both at the same time?

I use both but dose them separately throughout the day.

Ray Peat recommends them both after having issues using just t3 (cynomel)

Ray Peat wrote:When I used only Cytomel, any little stress would make me suddenly hypothyroid, and my heart would stop several times in a minute; when I started using some thyroid, USP, that contained both T4 and T3 it stopped happening.

Info on Dosing (Scroll down to section on thyroid)

For me now, due to summer, I am taking less thyroid. I am taking 1/6th (some days 2/6ths) of cynoplus (first thing in morning) and 2/4 (sometimes 3/4) of cynomel. I usually take my last nibble of t3 before bed.
The attempt to steer a person can make it hard for them to move, because it inactivates their own guidance system. - Ray Peat

monojj82
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Unread postby monojj82 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:29 am

I just bought a bottle of Nutrimeds because based on reviews I concluded that it was one of the best NDT in the market. I just took a fourth of a tablet to start off and I felt its effect a couple of minutes late.

Return to “Ask For Help”