DMSO ?

burtlancast

Jenn said:
I used plain DMSO without drying issues,

Then if you look closely at the components, you will see it's diluted DMSO.

A lot of sold DMSO is diluted to 30% or more so people don't hurt themselves rubbing it on.

Never, ever use 100% DMSO on your skin.

tomisonbottom

Burtlancast,

Do you use DMSO?
I have a surgical scar I'm looking to reduce and I read some reports that it's anti-inflammatory so I was thinking about using it in combo with some essential oils on the scar tissue.
Do you know if that's true?

burtlancast

tomisonbottom said:
Burtlancast,

Do you use DMSO?
I have a surgical scar I'm looking to reduce and I read some reports that it's anti-inflammatory so I was thinking about using it in combo with some essential oils on the scar tissue.
Do you know if that's true?

DMSO does dissolve scar tissue, it's absolutely true.
It's a good indication, although i have never used it for this ( i use it to treat any muscular/ tendon pain i encounter).

You can use too Vit E on the scar toegether with DMSO.

tomisonbottom

Ok, great, thank you!
Do you have any solid references on that (e.g. DMSO dissolving scars)?
My skin is sensitive and this scar is on my face so I don't want to risk making it worse without something solid to assure me it will work.
I tried it once and seemed to make the area swell up, but maybe that just meant it was working?

Jenn

burtlancast said:
Jenn said:

A lot of sold DMSO is diluted to 30% or more so people don't hurt themselves rubbing it on.

Nope, 99% pure. Obviously, everyone is different. I would recommend mixing with aloe vera juice for increased effectiveness and for dehydration concerns.

tomisonbottom

Jenn said:
Scar tissue is a lack of gelatin. I would not recommend mixing essential oils with DMSO.

Wow, that's interesting about the gelatin!
How much gelatin should I take to avoid scar tissue then?

And do you say not mix because you don't think EO's are good?
Thanks for your input!

burtlancast

tomisonbottom said:
Ok, great, thank you!
Do you have any solid references on that (e.g. DMSO dissolving scars)?
My skin is sensitive and this scar is on my face so I don't want to risk making it worse without something solid to assure me it will work.
I tried it once and seemed to make the area swell up, but maybe that just meant it was working?

You can google DMSO and scar tissue.
Or if you want to go into deeper details, buy the book of Morton Walker.
Keep us posted on how it goes.

burtlancast

Jenn said:
burtlancast said:
Jenn said:

Nope, 99% pure. Obviously, everyone is different. I would recommend mixing with aloe vera juice for increased effectiveness and for dehydration concerns.

Then you should check into a scientific research utility to deeply investigute your skin tissues, because 99% pure DMSO will dehydrate ANY substance it gets in contact with , in 99,999999 % of people.

I have myseld applied 80% diluted and got irritated skin because the dilution wasn't strong enough.

edwardBe

burtlancast said:
You can put some on your toenail, wait 20 min, then pour some MMS or colloidal silver ( MMS works best) and you will kill the fungus.

Sorry to be dense, but do you mean MSM or MMS? I am not familiar with MMS. I tried sulfur powder with DMSO with no effect, but perhaps I didn't use it long enough.

I'm currently using Neem oil from India, as it has a strong reputation for being anti-fungal. I'm not mixing it with DMSO. It seems to be killing the fungus, but the nail is still not growing back in like I would it to.

Thanks,

Edward

EDIT: I managed to find it. Seems like it was a very "inspiring" topic.

Giraffe

Has anyone here experiences with DMSO? What do you use it for? Side effects other than garlic smell?

burtlancast said:
post 30945 You can google DMSO and scar tissue.
Or if you want to go into deeper details, buy the book of Morton Walker.
I found the German translation online.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grapeson

I've been using undiluted DMSO as a penetrating solvent for topical hair treatment with solutes; niacinamide, caffeine, and aspirin. It can cause drying of the scalp, but applying Coconut oil after penetration has solved the dryness issue without hindering the effects of solute absorption.

CoolTweetPete

Grapeson said:
post 114069 I've been using undiluted DMSO as a penetrating solvent for topical hair treatment with solutes; niacinamide, caffeine, and aspirin. It can cause drying of the scalp, but applying Coconut oil after penetration has solved the dryness issue without hindering the effects of solute absorption.

Have you had positive results on your hair with this solution?

CoolTweetPete

Grapeson said:
post 114080 slowly, but surely CoolTweetPete.

Thanks, I've been using niacinamide, but only in water before red light therapy. I will try it in DMSO.

Parsifal

There are some people able to use regularly DMSO that never smell, others that do.
It depends on the person.

DMSO is a very safe and effective substance, used to open the skin's pores, but must not be in contact with some plastics, or it will leech them, and must be mixed 70-30 or 50-50 with water or glycerin when used on the skin ( otherwise it will dehydrate it, causing scratching)

It has a myriad of applications when used with various drugs, or even alone.

You can put some on your toenail, wait 20 min, then pour some MMS or colloidal silver ( MMS works best) and you will kill the fungus.

For more info on DMSO, there's many books on Amazon.

Interesting, maybe haidut's supplements that are in plastic bottles with DMSO will leach the plastic?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals