High Sugar Diet Prolongs Survival In ALS Patients

haidut

Forum Supporter
I looked at the study and the carbs were actually sugar, not starch. So, this study supports Ray's view that sugar is protective and some of the benefit these people saw was likely due to the increased conversion of T4 into T3. The high calorie diet also helped patients gain weight, which was also associated with increased survival and immediately reminded me of a recent study that causes furor in the news with its findings that slightly obese people have the highest metabolism, are most resistant to infection, and have the longest average lifespan.

http://www.alphagalileo.org/ViewItem.as ... ureCode=en

"...A high-carbohydrate, high-calorie diet could delay the progression of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), also known as motor neuron disease or Lou Gehrig’s disease, according to a phase 2 study published in The Lancet."

Blossom

Forum Supporter
They need all the easy to digest fuel they can get. I've met many who ended up with feeding tubes, ventilators- the works. Their minds remain sharp. A new approach is desperately needed. Great post.

burtlancast

The latest "alternative" discoveries with good potential in helping affections of the central nervous sytem seem to be cannabis oil and coconut oil.

If i had ALS i would certainly try those, in addition to sugar.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals