Chocolate Mousse

Ray Peat inspired recipes.

Chocolate Mousse

Unread postby Charlie » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:25 am

Chocolate Mousse

1 tablespoon Great Lakes Gelatin
4 tablespoons cold water
1/2 cup boiling water
1 cup sugar
2 squares (ounces) unsweetened chocolate
1 pint whipping cream
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
Soak gelatin in the cold water for 5 minutes, then dissolve thoroughly in the boiling water. Combine with the chocolate which has been melted over hot water, add the sugar and stir until dissolved. Cool, then fold in the stiffly beaten cream and vanilla. Turn into a mold, cover closely, seal and freeze 4 to 6 hours. Serves 6 to 8.
  • 0

Check out my "How to make quotes" video!
User avatar
Charlie
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 5844
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:36 pm
Reputation: 509

Re: Chocolate Mousse

Unread postby Destiny » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:56 pm

I can't wait to get my gelatin powder in the mail !! I LOVE chocolate mousse :)
  • 0

Destiny
Registered User
Registered User
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:47 pm
Reputation: 1

Re: Chocolate Mousse

Unread postby PeatFeat » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:57 pm

A couple questions:
What do you use to beat the cream with?
Do you have to use a mold in this recipe?
  • 0

PeatFeat
Registered User
Registered User
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:31 pm
Reputation: 0

Re: Chocolate Mousse

Unread postby kettlebell » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:11 pm

Charlie wrote:Chocolate Mousse

1 tablespoon Great Lakes Gelatin
4 tablespoons cold water
1/2 cup boiling water
1 cup sugar
2 squares (ounces) unsweetened chocolate
1 pint whipping cream
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
Soak gelatin in the cold water for 5 minutes, then dissolve thoroughly in the boiling water. Combine with the chocolate which has been melted over hot water, add the sugar and stir until dissolved. Cool, then fold in the stiffly beaten cream and vanilla. Turn into a mold, cover closely, seal and freeze 4 to 6 hours. Serves 6 to 8.


Add electricity to that and the pudding becomes self aware.
  • 0

kettlebell
Registered User
Registered User
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:52 am
Location: UK
Reputation: 7

Re: Chocolate Mousse

Unread postby PeatFeat » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:13 pm

The reason I asked is because I don't have an electric mixer.....or even a whisk haha.
  • 0

PeatFeat
Registered User
Registered User
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:31 pm
Reputation: 0

Re: Chocolate Mousse

Unread postby Lofihi » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:21 pm

what can be substituted for sucrose
  • 0

Lofihi
Registered User
Registered User
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:10 am
Reputation: 0

Re: Chocolate Mousse

Unread postby BingDing » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:30 am

kettlebell wrote:
Charlie wrote:Chocolate Mousse

1 tablespoon Great Lakes Gelatin
4 tablespoons cold water
1/2 cup boiling water
1 cup sugar
2 squares (ounces) unsweetened chocolate
1 pint whipping cream
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
Soak gelatin in the cold water for 5 minutes, then dissolve thoroughly in the boiling water. Combine with the chocolate which has been melted over hot water, add the sugar and stir until dissolved. Cool, then fold in the stiffly beaten cream and vanilla. Turn into a mold, cover closely, seal and freeze 4 to 6 hours. Serves 6 to 8.


Add electricity to that and the pudding becomes self aware.


KB, :rolling

Sounds fabulous, Charlie.
  • 0

BingDing
Registered User
Registered User
 
Posts: 441
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:50 pm
Location: Tennessee, USA
Reputation: 113

Re: Chocolate Mousse

Unread postby Jenn » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:27 pm

PeatFeat wrote:The reason I asked is because I don't have an electric mixer.....or even a whisk haha.


A fork....or maybe a slotted spoon? Something comfortable in your hand, your gonna be holding it for a while. ;) Actually, it probably tastes just fine as a pudding if you get tired of rapid wrist rotation.
  • 0

User avatar
Jenn
Registered User
Registered User
 
Posts: 965
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:24 am
Reputation: 86


Return to Recipes

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest