PUFA Detox

Ray Peat general discussion.
Birdie
Registered User
Registered User
Posts: 768
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:06 pm
Contact:

PUFA Detox

Postby Birdie » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:32 pm

You want the PUFAs to stay in the cells and not be released into circulation so they can be slowly detoxed by the liver.


This ^^ is a quote that I wrote on an index card last March 1. I think it is a quote from one of the interviews. I didn't note which one. Sorry about that.

Then, I wrote this which cut off at the end:
You can restore oxidative metabolism with PUFA in your tissues but any stress will probably release PUFA unless....


Well, I've been thinking about pufa storage and how we get rid of them.
Glad to find this info on one of my cards that I unpacked today. I have a lot of good stuff on cards. :)

Does anybody know how Peat says pufas might not be released during stress? High blood levels of what would aid? Niacinamide? Vit E? Sugar? All of these and more?

User avatar
Charlie
Admin
Admin
Posts: 5952
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:36 pm
Contact:

Re: PUFA Detox

Postby Charlie » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:37 pm

Great thread Birdie.

j.
Registered User
Registered User
Posts: 3739
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:54 am
Contact:

Re: PUFA Detox

Postby j. » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:46 pm

Birdie wrote:Does anybody know how Peat says pufas might not be released during stress? High blood levels of what would aid? Niacinamide? Vit E? Sugar? All of these and more?


I'm guessing aspirin diminishes the damage when they are released.

Related threat at peatarian: PUFAs in The Bloodstream

Birdie
Registered User
Registered User
Posts: 768
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:06 pm
Contact:

Re: PUFA Detox

Postby Birdie » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:03 pm

j. wrote:
Birdie wrote:Does anybody know how Peat says pufas might not be released during stress? High blood levels of what would aid? Niacinamide? Vit E? Sugar? All of these and more?


I'm guessing aspirin diminishes the damage when they are released.

Related threat at peatarian: PUFAs in The Bloodstream

Thanks, j. My search didn't come up with that. Well, it was a brief search.

Birdie
Registered User
Registered User
Posts: 768
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:06 pm
Contact:

Re: PUFA Detox

Postby Birdie » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:04 pm

Birdie wrote:
j. wrote:
Birdie wrote:Does anybody know how Peat says pufas might not be released during stress? High blood levels of what would aid? Niacinamide? Vit E? Sugar? All of these and more?


I'm guessing aspirin diminishes the damage when they are released.

Related threat at peatarian: PUFAs in The Bloodstream

Thanks, j. My search didn't come up with that. Well, it was a brief search.

Oh, I was thinking it was a thread by peatarian, here! Thanks again. Found it.

Birdie
Registered User
Registered User
Posts: 768
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:06 pm
Contact:

Re: PUFA Detox

Postby Birdie » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:10 pm

From Rob at functionalps:


“‎The larger the quantity of “toxic fat” stored in the body, the more careful the person must be about increasing metabolic and physical activity. Using more vitamin E, short-chain saturated fats, and other anti-lipid-peroxidation agents is important.” Ray Peat

Birdie
Registered User
Registered User
Posts: 768
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:06 pm
Contact:

Re: PUFA Detox

Postby Birdie » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:11 pm

Birdie wrote:From Rob at functionalps:


“‎The larger the quantity of “toxic fat” stored in the body, the more careful the person must be about increasing metabolic and physical activity. Using more vitamin E, short-chain saturated fats, and other anti-lipid-peroxidation agents is important.” Ray Peat

I found this via j's link to peatarian.com. Thanks again. A friend, Amy's first idea was niacinamide, and then vit E.

Glad there is a way.

User avatar
Dorito Loyalist
Registered User
Registered User
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:12 pm
Contact:

Re: PUFA Detox

Postby Dorito Loyalist » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:07 pm

Would CO2 have any significant protective effect?
Fight for what you believe in.

Birdie
Registered User
Registered User
Posts: 768
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:06 pm
Contact:

Re: PUFA Detox

Postby Birdie » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:21 am

You would think so ^^ .

Here's another quote from Rob's group of them:
“People with a significant amount of fat in their body, who have in the past eaten foods containing vegetable oils, are likely to draw unsaturated fats out of storage, with toxic effects unless vitamin E, thyroid, and coconut oil are used protectively until tissue stores of unsaturated fats are depleted. Typically, body stores of fat take four years to completely reflect the change to a different type of dietary fat.” RP


Birdie
Registered User
Registered User
Posts: 768
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:06 pm
Contact:

Re: PUFA Detox

Postby Birdie » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:34 am

Another, same source:
Keeping the stored unsaturated fats from circulating in the blood is helpful, since it takes years to eliminate them from the tissues after the diet has changed. Niacinamide inhibits lipolysis. Avoiding overproduction of lipolytic adrenaline requires adequate thyroid hormone, and the adjustment of the diet to minimize fluctuations of blood sugar.” RP


Niacinamide again to keep the stored PUFs from circulating so they can be detoxed by the liver. Adrenaline also is lipolytic. Thyroid hormone and eating frequently (the right foods) to keep the blood sugar level.


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: gabriel79, Google Feedfetcher, peggyshe, treelady and 13 guests