Best Of Mittir

sm1693

In my opinion, Mittir is by far the best poster on here as far as explaining the RP dietary advice as close as possible to what RP actually recommends. He doesn't create a bastardized version of Peatarianism that can confuse people, just a straight-forward helpful attitude, simple advice and complete lack of authoritarianism.

Extra points to him for deep exploration of intestinal irritants and healing said irritants.

In my opinion, Mittir is by far the best poster on here as far as explaining the RP dietary advice as close as possible to what RP actually recommends. He doesn't create a bastardized version of Peatarianism that can confuse people, just a straight-forward helpful attitude, simple advice and complete lack of authoritarianism.

Is this a competition?

Can you not see how you contradict yourself when you say "lack of authoritarianism?"

Don't get mad at me for pointing out actual quotes by Ray Peat. You can call it "bastardized" or whatever you want but all I'm doing is quoting Peat.

People all around the net try to paint Peat in such a narrow view. They ignore the nuance. And they ignore quotes by him that don't agree with them. For example, brandonk who said:

"So please, everyone, it's fine if you think that a non-saturated or low-saturated, or worse yet low ketone diet is healthy (and if you do, I must strongly disagree), but please don't claim that Ray Peat says this, or even that Danny Roddy does. Quite the opposite: Ray Peat was one of the very first to understand, at least by 1993 (Nutrition for Women), how important saturated fat and ketones are, back when doctors were fooled into believing that polyunsaturated fat was a miracle health food!"

And then I pointed out clear examples of Peat on ketogenic diets, low fat milk, and examples of Peat recommending foods such as soaked-grain cereal/bread, tuna, chicken breast, oat bran, potato, spinach, broccoli, and salad in "Nutrition For Women," but brandon completely ignored my posts because it contradicts his worldview. I don't know why he can't just say "Oh hey, thanks for that. I didn't know those Peat quotes" or "I've never read that part of the book. I still disagree with it but thanks for showing me."

People should read every one of Peat's articles, books, and newsletters and listen to every one of the podcasts before commenting on things they don't know about.

There are many people who do misrepresent Peat's views on many things; mainly milkfat, saturated fat, exercise, sugar, supplements, vegetables, and non-diet things.

explaining the RP dietary advice as close as possible to what RP actually recommends.

I can't wait until "On The Back Of A Tiger" comes out and people see the part that shows Peat saying that he thinks the idea of a strict "Peat" diet is ridiculous.

OP
S

sm1693

You write as if coming from the place of a child who demands to be right. Mittir writes as a kind old gentleman politely showing the way.

tara

I think Mittir's posts are fantastic - consistently clear and informative. If you want to gather up more of his(?) great posts here that would be really useful.
Extra points to him for deep exploration of intestinal irritants and healing said irritants.
I agree.

Don't see a need to make generalised criticism of everyone else, though.

yoshiesque

Is this a competition?
People should read every one of Peat's articles, books, and newsletters and listen to every one of the podcasts before commenting on things they don't know about.

Thats not an efficient thing to do for everyone. We need to have a source that elegantly interprets Peats work in a form that is more readable to those who either do not have the prior knowledge to understand his work or those who do not have the time. If you have to read everything before starting a diet, its going to take a long time to get started and it wont be worth it for many.

brandonk

People all around the net try to paint Peat in such a narrow view. They ignore the nuance. And they ignore quotes by him that don't agree with them. For example, brandonk who said:

"So please, everyone, it's fine if you think that a non-saturated or low-saturated, or worse yet low ketone diet is healthy (and if you do, I must strongly disagree), but please don't claim that Ray Peat says this, or even that Danny Roddy does. Quite the opposite: Ray Peat was one of the very first to understand, at least by 1993 (Nutrition for Women), how important saturated fat and ketones are, back when doctors were fooled into believing that polyunsaturated fat was a miracle health food!"

And then I pointed out clear examples of Peat on ketogenic diets, low fat milk, and examples of Peat recommending foods such as soaked-grain cereal/bread, tuna, chicken breast, oat bran, potato, spinach, broccoli, and salad in "Nutrition For Women," but brandon completely ignored my posts because it contradicts his worldview. I don't know why he can't just say "Oh hey, thanks for that. I didn't know those Peat quotes" or "I've never read that part of the book. I still disagree with it but thanks for showing me."
I hadn't wanted to repeat what I'd already said to you elsewhere. When you mentioned that you enjoy eating starch, I gave you my view that I think Ray Peat is:
just making the simple point that if starch is the only food you can find to subsist on, then of course you should eat it rather than starve (along with saturated fat to decrease the persorption).

But if you can find other food that is low PUFA, low tryptophan/methionine/cysteine/arginine, and starch-free, which provides a balance of vitamins and minerals (such as ripe fruit, non-fat cheese made without GMO enzymes and coconut oil, and perhaps an egg or occasional shellfish), then you will likely be better off eating that, especially as you age and become more susceptible to the effects of degenerative disease.
https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/persorption-of-starch.9239/#post-116650

I see that you may not to agree with what I wrote there. But nothing I see in the articles you've linked or summarized conflicts with what I wrote.

The "Ray Peat Diet," as I think everyone here knows, will always depend on the context of what your current health is, and what foods you have access to. Whatever good food you can find that reduces starch, PUFAs and tryptophan is the food you should eat! But finding good food is the adventure.

Logan-

Does anyone know what happened to Mittir? He was truly the best member of this forum. I have learned a lot from his writings. Does he have a blog or a page outside of this forum?

Birdie

No, he was last here in January of 2017 and is truly missed.
Yes, Mittir was so helpful. I didn't see that he linked to a blog or anything Logan. Maybe somebody else can help here.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals