Wow-what A Difference!

tara

caroline said:
post 119215 I upped the caloric ratios to like 6500 because it irritates me every time it thinks I want some 1600 calorie diet. So I ignore those stupid warnings that expect I will gain 800 pounds in a month because of the way I am eating and strictly use it to make sure I have minimum amount of protein I want and optimally more carbs.
:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
C

caroline

I just hate those annoying little notices (that I do not ask for and don't care about and think are idiotic) that keep warning me that heavens forbid, I will gain weight. A. They are wrong. B. If anything, exercise makes me hungrier, although yoga seems to be having an opposite effect for some reason. I realize that wasn't in context. It wants you to fill in exercise. Just to really mess with the algorhythm, I put "NONE" in the space where it allows you to fill in exercise.

I find it highly unlikely that simply saying that you do some activity, the algorhythm can take every factor into account (intensity, state of health, temperature in exercising environment, etc.) and come up with some useful caloric expenditure. Further, I don't believe in that, obviously, as I don't pay attention to restricting calories. Only PUFA. But it is useful so I can see protein and how much additional sugar I need to consume to try and hit the ratios.

Interestingly, I tried bananas. These always got bad results for me. Felt like my throat swelled, itchy, constipated, etc. I had 3 since yesterday. Never one for moderation. I may be a bit constipated but also I have not been taking magnesium. I like them. I started thinking that if I don't experience all the problems, this can't be much worse for me than white sweet potato. So we will see how it goes. I prefer it to eating milk chocolate. Seems kind of junky and not as satiating to me. They are DEFINITELY not ripe. But to be honest, unless I put the bananas in a smoothie with greek yogurt, I am repulsed at the thought of mushy black skinned bananas. I don't like mushy things in general unless they are kind of chewey. Sensory issue. I may go hunt for some more. I could easily subsist on coffee, orange juice, milk, gelatin, greek yogurt, coconut oil, milk, milk chocolate, oysters, shrimp, scallops, bits of my husband's cooked grass-fed ground beef, eggs, white sweet potatoes and bananas. I avoided drinking my crack juice--apple juice that is fermented. I know it's not optimal, but it's SO delicious.

Brutal. Waiting to see if I am "in" or "out" for a school I interviewed at. Supposed to find out this week. Didn't think I would be interested in it, though it is a great profession. Changed my mind at the school. I love it. And I love science. I have been accepted to a few already. Interviews at all of them. I have several others I am waiting on. It is very competitive here and I tend toward underconfidence in general, so I made sure I applied to several different professions. A bit splintered and a super pain-in-the-butt as several were very demanding in terms of statements, etc., but I definitely put my full obsessive force into each. :)

TINY bit of breast tenderness but not too much. And it started before my banana eating with the GMO yogurt so I'm not blaming bananas. I"m going to go get more. This is my strength and also my irritating quality--I tend toward obsessiveness. If a little is good, lots is LOTS better!

OP
C

caroline

Another benefit of Greek yogurt is that it is almost entirely casein, which has anti-stress effects. This is unlike the acidic whey, which Peat is very fond of.

Hmm, didn't think of this with Tara's. Just decided to try and see if I can act like a regular person and respond to people directly. Yes, Haidut, I am a bit stalker-ish with all your quotes. When I wanted anything, I just looked up everything I could find in your response. So I know this about casein as you mentioned this, somewhere. I am not ashamed to admit I copy off of you. I am very happy and pleased that your brain did the work so my monkey-mind could latch on and copy. :hattip

OP
C

caroline

"Garfield, you'll have to learn some self-control, and stop eating between meals. Do you know the meaning of self -control?"
"I don't know the meaning of between meals."

Ha. Found an excuse to copy something from your signature quote and practice doing quotes correctly, Tara. Actually that is hilarious to me, as well, as my whole day seems like a never-ending meal except when I am not able to regularly fill myself with food when busy. But meal? That is also funny when I log things because "breakfast," "lunch," etc. don't really have a lot of distinction for me as dining is consistently ongoing. :D

Hmm, went back and edited my commas. My sister tells me I am a grammar criminal. This makes me laugh and laugh!!

Blossom

Forum Supporter
caroline said:
post 119215 Last: Breasts became ENORMOUS, which while my husband really liked, I do not. I don't like that; it makes me feel self-conscious and it is uncomfortable. I suspected FAGE and looked up and lo and behold it has GMO. I switched over to organic, which is not really more expensive, and is actually cheaper at Whole Foods and breast swelling is gone! No more GMO yogurt for me.
I'm really enjoying your log caroline! Thanks for mentioning this about FAGE!

Peata

Blossom said:
post 119651
caroline said:
post 119215 Last: Breasts became ENORMOUS, which while my husband really liked, I do not. I don't like that; it makes me feel self-conscious and it is uncomfortable. I suspected FAGE and looked up and lo and behold it has GMO. I switched over to organic, which is not really more expensive, and is actually cheaper at Whole Foods and breast swelling is gone! No more GMO yogurt for me.
I'm really enjoying your log caroline! Thanks for mentioning this about FAGE!

Yeah, it made me buy organic milk and yogurt today. I don't need any enlargement of anything.

OP
C

caroline

No breast enlargement at all after that. It went down completely after two days. I'm glad that's helpful, Blossom and Peata! I err toward thriftiness and had several science teachers question whether "organic" really makes a difference for a variety of reasons, which were not ideological but based on their research, etc. So I stopped bothering with fruit, etc. But when I see it happening like that, it's not a matter of looking things up. I only did that after the fact to try and determine the cause for the breast tenderness.

I got in to the program. Very competitive, hundreds of applicants, etc. and they accept a very small amount Problem is, while it is wonderful and pays well, it's not really at the heart of what I want to do. I want to be a therapist. So this means I am going to have to wait for a few other programs. One is the most competitive to get into in the nation and the other is the second most selective in terms of applicant admittance rates. Lucky me. The difficulty in getting in and low chances for applicants is not because it is the highest rated per se, but because it is in a high-demand area, tons of applicants, and of course, this in itself raises the level of expectations. The problem other than that is that I will not be interviewed for any. While I am a motor-mouth at times and can be manic, I know how to focus in interviews. I LOVE them, strangely. I get very excited around learning and people who are very passionate about what they do and also, I am at the age where I don't really think trying to be something other than what is happening in the moment is a good strategy. I am a flavor people like or not. The other place I am waiting on is one of the top schools in the nation, overall. Also not particularly comforting and I think they had 700 or more people apply a year ago. There were 5 people accepted to the area I want the previous year. The other school--who knows how many people apply. Definitely over 1,000 if not more. I did work like crazy on my statements. I really tried to put my heart into it, express exactly what matters to me, etc.

It feels very nice to be wanted. I admit that. But that's not enough for me to say yes to another program if it doesn't have what I want. Mental health as majority. Older adults who have dementia. Hospice, palliative care, etc. I think about these things all the time. And last, I'm really not keen on having to lift people around for a living. The point is not to spend tons of money on school and loans to have to leave with a back injury. I think my mind and problem-solving is probably a much stronger asset than my ability to be coordinated, etc. Plus, I just love hearing people's stories, what makes them tick, and also, it drives me crazy when people are told to "cheer up." I think this is the most hostile thing. I think often people just need to be able to say how they feel without being edited because someone else is reminded that death and unhappiness, etc. are part of life as well as other aspects.

Anyway, enough about that. We'll see. I keep meditating to keep myself from becoming wacky and chattering inside my head all the time, debating about scenarios, etc. Very taxing and sort of stupid in terms of quality of life. So now I am a full banana convert.

However....I must say that often when I have ignored Peat's warnings, I pay. Being the know-it-all I was, I thought, "Who cares if the bananas aren't ripe?" HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. And being also excessive, I ate several. Well, let's just say I understand how it happens that people moving their bowels can sometimes have heart attacks. I will NOT do that again. They are all ripening in a paper bag now. Also, I don't eat vegetables pretty much ever, so that didn't help because I didn't increase my liquid amount. PAINFUL. Let's just say that area now is finally better but it hurt to sit down for about a day and I actually thought, "Oh my God, if I don't "go," I will not be able to leave the house." Sorry to be graphic but it was there but not there, if you know what I mean.

I realized that since I have had all these really exciting things happen, I need to really pay attention to my nutrition. Otherwise I get very manic and it's like I'm running on high with NO FUEL. And I notice, probably cortisol issue, that when I am like this, I really don't want to eat. And since I have been doing bananas, I seem to actively not want fat for some odd reason. So this morning I forced myself to have 3 tablespoons of coconut oil in my cup of yogurt with the banana. I have been typing this or I would also do my gelatin. I honestly think I need some more coconut oil I'm going to go have some and the gelatin. I can tell I am still very excited. Ok. I had 3 tablespoons of gelatin and another tablespoon of coconut oil. I think that will be better.

I love bananas! Also, I love the English/Persian (depends on what's available) cucumbers. I am obsessed with my yogurt dish. I cube cucumbers, add vinegar, (I like balsamic but am out so used rice vinegar), then yesterday also added some hot sauce and a little maple syrup. I sometimes make really bad combinations, but this one turned out great. The cucumbers get pickled and I can easily plow through all the yogurt this way. The "O" Organics brand which I get at Safeway is just fine. It is actually cheaper than FAGE. I usually am not crazy about their products but it tastes fine. It's very odd because I have always HATED anything non-fat. Now I love it. Very odd. I would switch to skim milk but I have to read up on whether the good things are taken out of it. Maybe I will try 1%. Not sure what the deal is since I can never get enough fat. However, maybe I make up for it because last night, I ate a whole milk chocolate bar in one sitting. I like the Madagascar 30 something % one from Whole Foods. It's not very expensive. I can't spend five dollars on a chocolate bar because I am a little piggy. I eat them immediately so I want to be able to eat a whole bar without debating about whether it is affordable to eat another. The bars I get are like 3 dollars. Also I tried some chocolate stick thing from Trader Joe's. I read the ingredients and amazingly, it did not have soy lecithin. HOWEVER, I was sadly not surprised that it tastes really strange/bad. It tastes like someone shoved a bunch of cocoa powder into some sort of fat and attempted to emulsify it (they used cocoa butter), threw in some sugar and said, "There you go--a chocolate stick." It does not taste like normal chocolate. Blech.

I am meditating a lot lately. I didn't do it last night and then I woke up panicked with millions of thoughts and "what-if's " swimming in my head. So I did this meditation where I listen to the "white noise" in my head. What I mean is that if you are perfectly quiet and it is quiet, you can hear "sounds" in your head. I focused on the symphony of sound and then tried to pick out singular tones, which is harder. Whenever I had some thought about whatever random thing, I send it down this imagined hole in the top of my head and I guess it goes down some chute. I didn't "look" to see where it goes. So that worked well. It is imperative that I do this or my mind gets sloppy, loud, and undisciplined, blabbing away every worry every five seconds.

OP
C

caroline

Congratulations on your exams! I'm glad things are going well. :D
Thank you, Blossom! Very nice of you! Now I just have to remember to not pick things based on, "Someone likes me! Someone really likes me!" sort of mindset.

OP
C

caroline

Yeah, it made me buy organic milk and yogurt today. I don't need any enlargement of anything.
Peat, I cannot agree more. I really despise when I get all enlarged like that. It is horribly uncomfortable and I feel like if I wear anything that is not dumpy that my chest is sticking out like a mile ahead of me. Regardless of whether this is false perception, I like feeling like my body is all glued together in one piece without parts of it being overwhelming like some Leaning Tower of Piza.

OP
C

caroline

Sorry to resurrect a dead post, but why are bananas notoriously difficult to digest?

I ate a couple of bananas yesterday (I usually just eat one in a day) and drank some high pulp OJ. The result was a massive stomach ache, and I wasn't sure why until I read this thread. Fiber usually doesn't give me such a crazy stomach ache. It kept me up at night.

Thanks to anyone who can provide insight.

:hattip
There are like a zillion posts on why bananas are not optimal. I just type in "bananas--Ray Peat" which is what I do for anything I want to know about and get a bunch of posts. Usually more than I want. Then I have to use cognitive dissonance to quiet my knowledge of the information, and convince myself that contrary to stated issues, why for me, x food will be just fine. :)

OP
C

caroline

I had an hour long chat with the practitioner I was working with about how I felt there's been a quantum leap in my brain function since Peating. My mind is now so focused and clear, it's able to grasp difficult concepts and make connections. It feels bloody awesome. I remember struggling during the first two years of Uni because of poor brain function. Massive relief to have it sorted.
Integral, this is so exciting! I feel the same way although it is very easy for me to get off balance and then once I'm off balance, common sense seems to run the other way. It's very aggravating to want to take in information and have it just bounce uselessly against you. Then I get compulsive and try and drill it in by sheer force and will. It's a method, but definitely not a good one. And it makes me unpleasant to be around. Much nicer to have a brain that works properly.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I seem to do well with bananas cooked in coconut oil and a bit of sugar. :)

OP
C

caroline

Caroline, did your skin problems improve? If so, how did you go about improving it?
Hmm, my skin is a fun way for me to perform compulsive behaviors. I can still rub it and get it to peel. It is better I think in that it looks nice. And my scalp does appear to be much better. So it has improved some. I don't think I"m conscientious enough to really notice. I could use some improvement in the grooming department. So it may be improved.

OP
C

caroline

I seem to do well with bananas cooked in coconut oil and a bit of sugar. :)
OH, It's because of YOU, Charlie! I forgot. I copied! I read that you were eating it this way. I read that after my banana/horrible constipation issue, and started making this hot drink with bananas in coconut oil, then milk heated, then gelatin into hot liquid, and I blend it all together, with salt and a bit of dates (was too sweet) and made a hot drink. Completely forgot that I copied that off of you!! :)

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
OP
C

caroline

I spoke too soon, Charlie!

Here's the latest:

Excommunicated: bananas.
On chopping block: eggs
Next new kid on block: very low fat grass fed ground beef eaten raw (out of laziness and that little fat makes the thing stick to pan--since Peat, do not use cast iron skillet--hence, it sticks. Hence, I eat it raw. Also, seems easier to digest. Ate meat basically raw for years so not concerned about this.) If I get a non-stick pan, I will try cooking it.

Here's the latest:

I continue to battle/deal with pain in lower back/hips--inflammation. This is where I feel it. When I eat things that don't agree with me, it's worse. If I expend lots of energy, even for something "good," I have pain the next day. It looks like an energy issue to me--i.e. More money out (energy) than in and it's a problem (pain as result).

So what I started doing is the following:
No bananas. I had the worse constipation ever with bananas and they got extremely ripe and mushy. Heated them, etc. etc.
Eggs. Also constipating and pain.
In general: sleepiness from this.

I only discovered this after discontinuing one at a time. First bananas: No more constipation which had not been an issue until I started with the bananas. I really do not apparently do well with fiber. Makes sense since I haven't been eating vegetables for years now and don't miss them.

Eggs: stopped with those. No sleepiness feeling after eating them.

Yesterday: tried grass fed ground beef. Nothing that fancy. Got it in package-Nature's Choice brand at Safeway. Measured out about 1/4 pound. What I remember being an issue with meat before, is that I STUNK from eating it. And it was not a "sugar" issue b/c this happened when I was zero carb. BUT... I always did lots of fat.

Cut to now and Peat: Since I started up with my Greek yogurt--I have been buying Safeway Now Organic 0% fat Greek Yogurt--it tastes fine. Not as good as Siggy, but I am lazy about driving to Whole Foods. I have been doing yogurt, frozen mango (a FEW, not a zillion pieces which always leads to bad effects although frozen doesn't seem to have same problems for me), and copying Charlie again, I add some sort of sugar to my drink, whether it's maple syrup (my favorite and has magnesium) or sugar (which makes texture nicer). Add salt. I can do this a million times a day, never feel full. (I like this. I hate feeling weighed down by food.)

Gelatin: Found a better way to do more at once. I measure at least 4 tablespoons to begin with and instead of mixing the unhydrolyzed (much cheaper with the volume we go through) in a bowl which often doesn't mix well, I mix it in a square brownie pan. I dump the gelatin in, then water, mix it and drink it.

Yesterday: got 93% lean 7% fat grass fed ground beef.

This morning: What I noticed: While I am not focused on looking thin, as I find this to be creepy rather than focusing on feeling good overall, it is highly indicative to me when my stomach shows less bloating. It looks as though there was this layer of "fat" (though I am skinny regardless) that disappeared since yesterday. I did nothing different but stop bananas, eggs, and then start the meat. I had at least a 1/2 pound along with probably 100 grams of protein or more from yogurt, milk, gelatin. I slept great. What I mean by abdomen examination is that there is no inflammation visibly present. Just skin stretched over muscle. Again, since I literally did nothing different other than having removed both bananas and eggs, and added ground beef, this makes me suspect that I may be better off with the meat. Prior to this, I was just doing yogurt drinks, etc. for a few days but had not yet added my low-fat ground beef. I ate some of my husband's but it is much higher in fat.

The main issue is to see if I can do this without smelling like a dead person. I did a 1/4 pound this morning (raw-which my husband hates, but it is very easy for me to eat and quick) and then 25 grams of gelatin, and a cup of milk with my espresso concentrate I make from cold brewed coffe. (I do this by letting it sit and then dump liquid back and forth through strainers after spooning out the coffee grind. I did use a cheesecloth to begin with, but it's a pain to clean and use and I don't care if there's some sediment in my espresso concentrate. It sinks to the bottom anyway and doesn't bother me.)

Anyway, I look like I dropped like 5 pounds. <<This is a stupid statement of mine. What I mean is that I don't see any puffy stuff that I assumed was just fat sitting there or belly or however you want to put it. To me, again this tells me that I don't digest the other as well. Yogurt is still potentially not as optimal, but it's such an easy way to get those 20 grams that I want to stick with it. But with low fat meat like this (will not eat chicken. blech. hate it), it is so much easier to add that extra protein.

When I eat more of my husband's, it doesn't fare as well for me. His meat is very high in fat.

My suspicions are the following:
I am not convinced that yogurt alone is enough to fuel me and I end up spacey. I would prefer to be more energetic and funnel and direct that energy with meditation--not appear to be more calm when I am actually exhausted or lagging in energy.

For some odd reason, I am really finding I do not like lots of fat. However, I love my milk chocolate bars. I ate one yesterday and generally eat a whole one if not more, when I have them (have to get them at Whole Foods so when they are gone, that's it until I go there again), so this is pretty high in fat and seems to suit me fine. But as for the rest, I love my low-fat milk and the no-fat greek yogurt.

Also, I find I am backing off today and eating less coconut oil. I am adding a little, but I am not excited to eat all that much of it. I do put it in my yogurt smoothies--at least a tablespoon so I am getting plenty. This is interesting to me in terms of the Peat idea that people entertain regarding doing less fat, high calories, etc. It feels like I am naturally gravitating toward this. This is funny as I have always been a huge pro-fat proponent. When I used to make pemmican (these disgusting little meat bars that stunk up our house), I would make mine like 85% fat. But now, EXCEPT FOR MY MILK CHOCOLATE BARS, I prefer things with less fat in them in general. I think I got used to this from the oysters, etc. I used to always put gobs of fat on all these things, like fish, etc. Then even with the now possibly verboten eggs, I wanted them just hard-boiled with no fat on them. I have never been someone who liked anything plain. So something in my taste is shifting. This is interesting to me.

Anyway, hopefully the meat will work for me. Then I can also have oysters, etc. I didn't do steak because it is a million dollars and it's much easier to just get the grass-fed ground beef.s I will not be buying conventional ground beef. NO thanks. I don't need to get Dolly Parton-sized breasts again.

Also, as usual I felt I overdid it on the yoga. I have reduced my time but do more strenuous yoga (sun salutations, jump-through, backbend, handstands) during my time.

Now I"m going to have one of my many yogurt drinks.
Consists of: OJ, Milk sometimes, yogurt, few pieces of frozen mango chunks, salt. Am not going to do more gelatin because with my serving of ground beef this morning and the initial gelatin, I feel set on that. Didn't use sugar today in my yogurt drink, but really, it was pretty sweet b/c I added more orange juice than usual. It looks very "obsessive" in our refrigerator because I got like 6 containers of yogurt so I wouldn't have to keep going to the store to by them so often. :)

Last edited:
OP
C

caroline

Latest:

No more eggs. Very little to no lower back/inflammation around hips, etc.
Look very lean--way more than usual. I will say again that whatever is causing me to looks so tiny (but not unhealthy), this tells me that the eggs/bananas/etc. were not doing me any favors. Why would they cause inflammation and this sort of fat layer around me if they were good for me? Now if I felt fantastic from them, it would be different, but once removing them completely and having had no eggs for a few days, I feel inifinitely much better. My hips and back do not ache every time I crouch, which is what usually happens. I have a very high pain tolerance, so I tend to ignore it, but it feels way better for it to be dissipated so mcuh.

I am eating grass fed beef. I got a more expensive brand and I eat this raw. It probably is not very fatty. I don't know what percent. I don't care. It tastes better than the Safeway one. Way better. I eat it with a sauce I made of yogurt/tomato paste/sugar/bread and butter pickles which I made myself from cucumbers/yogurt. It's basically like russian dressing or thousand island minus disgusting mayonnaise.

I am way more full with the meat in addition. I get a pound at a time so it doesn't spoil. Generally am not eating more than about a 1/4 pound at once. I've gotten more reluctant to let any of it cook off, as this one is more expensive. Plus, I love the taste of it raw. Have no breath issues. Now it is very easy to hit my protein. I stopped tracking because I have a sense of how much. I eat gelatin when I have the ground beef. Still making yogurt drinks and my mochas. Frozen mango doesn't seem to be an issue. I don't use tons--I use a little. Orange juice, yogurt, salt, etc and blend it. Make my own cold-brewed espresso concentrate. Got a really expensive brand but it is like 10 times better and I use less and it is super rich and thick. I love it.

I feel much better eating the meat. I think it's giving me something I didn't have before. I feel fine eating it right before bed, too. But I can definitely say it is not very fatty. It is mostly red and the grass fed, when I have cooked it, tastes not very tasty and has very little fat in the pan--especially this brand I got from a local meat butcher. I will not be doing regular store meat. I find it repellant. I would rather eat less and get better quality. Especially eating it raw, crappy meat tastes as such.

Huge, huge difference in the inflammation/pain. I guess eggs do not really work for me. Also, have nixed bananas for good, and sweet potatoes, most likely, because those are suspect as well in terms of inducing inflammation. If I'm eating something other than seafood, I'm okay not having these (bananas, potatoes, etc) because I am getting enough protein. They make me constipated, achey, bloated, etc. So no loss in not eating them. Yogurt works like a charm as does milk, oj, etc. And ground beef. No problems with it whatsoever.

Coconut oil: don't see the need for this with the addition of meat. I don't really care for it. Maybe it is pro-thyroid and my big interest is in terms of anti-dementia properties, but I am not interested in it (coconut oil) currently, so I don't feel like forcing it. I really feel satiated in a very different way with that addition of meat. Haven't had oysters lately, but I can just imagine that with that in addition, I will feel even better.

Waiting on schools. Torture. Declined my acceptance at the one fabulous program that was ultimately not my "purpose" very quickly and the spot was certainly snatched up right away. Would love to be in demand where I want to get in We will see. I turned over tarot cards today which already sounds "iffy," and it just made me more anxious about it. This is really a colossal waste of time; I have plenty things to do that are productive, etc. rather than worry about things that are out of my control. So I am calling BS on that sort of anxious, wasteful behavior and focusing on things that are actually (relatively) within my control. No enabling of my self-feeding and perpetuating bad behavior. Protein helps with this sort of no-nonsense resolve and meat, especially. Back to doing yoga, but now I am not set on doing it each day. I do it when I feel like doing it and try not to overdo. Backbends are fantastic for me and feel great. Same with handstands and I love, love, love, sun salutations. Cannot get enough of those.

In terms of the energetic difference due to my addition of meat, I remember noticing this before when I was doing low carb and first started consuming meat regularly. That is what actually got me to go back to school because it felt plausible, although I was still HIGHLY insecure and very negative about it in general. Could get the best grade out of x number of people and still decided it was a mistake, it didn't count, etc. etc. Again, pointless and not much better than being arrogant-just on the opposite spectrum of negative thinking.

But back to my memory of positive effects of meat-- I felt much stronger internally and notice this again, currently. This means that my inhibition is much easier to regulate and my disinhibition is less vulnerable to whim. This is positive because the less inane, pointless, and potentially harmful things falling out of my mouth, the better. :)

Supposedly, according to my husband I have become way more ordered and neat and better at grooming. Who knows what I can attribute this to--perhaps I have been a closeted neat person and just never knew it for the first 5 decades of my life.

Last edited:
OP
C

caroline

Latest discovery:
Feel great as in MUCH better with meat.
However, what I also discovered is that I begin to smell like a dead person, which is why I stopped eating meat to begin with, IF I do not eat enough sugar.

I came to this conclusion in the following way: Unhappy with the quality of orange juice, I thought I would just eat fruit instead. This does NOT do the same trick. I think the reason, paradoxically, since many claim they feel very bad from the sugar from juice as opposed to fruit, is that fruit is not sugarey enough for me. Makes sense considering you are getting fiber as well. If you consider that juicing one orange would make just a tiny bit of liquid, this makes sense. Another factor is that I have difficulty digesting protein from meat--hence, the bad breath if I don't do this and that. Someone else might just not feel as good in Peatian terms but I will get bad breath. Therefore, if I am to eat meat, I need to be very conscientious of this factor.

This discovery has allowed me to appreciate the orange juice for what it is--not the tastiest and highest quality item, but serves to keep my protein/sugar balance in a way that will hopefully allow me to consume meat. If it is a choice between smelling bad and eating meat, I will pick discarding meat but this is not optimal so I have to work harder at making certain I get enough sugar when I eat meat which is more difficult because I don't really want it at all when I eat meat. I am aware that orange juice increases iron content but I haven't found a suitable replacement and I don't think the apple juice was doing me any favors. I may try just the plain (not unfiltered) apple juice to have instead. This would serve the same purpose and not be high in vitamin c. Maybe I will pick some up today.

I got gross tongue, bad breath, etc. after eating the holy bad breath trinity of bison burger and TWO servings of mushrooms. Despite putting sugary sauce on the mushrooms, not enough. I was eating fruit all day but oddly, felt hypoglycemic, which never happens with juice. Drinking the orange juice today immediately rectified the issue. So I need to keep experimenting but I think the key is making sure I have enough sugar and this is why juice works even though I don't think it's that good quality. Another factor is that when my favorite grass-fed meat ran out, I ate my husband's. His that he gets is MUCH higher in fat (you can see the fat bubbling around in massive piles as he cooks it) and I am convinced from what I notice with digestion/breath that higher fat meat does NOT work well for me. So that's why my grass-fed (and not all grass-fed is necessarily lower in fat but mine is from the store I like) is a good option for me. The bison seems to be lower in fat but the gamey quality AND the fact that I added all those mushrooms certainly appears to have made the matter worse.

More protein via meat yesterday and less sugar in general and I woke up early, felt anxious, etc. Fortunately, I remembered to meditate and did breathing and this helped immensely. But it reminds me of how it was before, when I did low or zero carb. High on adrenaline type feeling or exhausted or both, much of the time. I got used to it so didn't know any different until I started Peating. Then I just felt f-ing tired for a while until things slowly shifted.

I really like eating more meat. It feels hugely satisfying. Also, I find I am going much longer periods without wanting to eat and now I am not forcing myself to have snacks. However, if I get the bad breath thing, this is an indicator I need to have something even if I don't feel hunger. But I think things are shifting because I felt the need to eat a million times a day. Now I don't.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals