Acupuncture

iLoveSugar

I tried to dig around before writing this, but has RP ever shared thoughts on acupuncture?

Has anyone here ever reaped benefits from it?

D

Deleted member 14744

So, I have not done acupuncture but I do EFT, tapping, and the points we tap on are acupuncture meridians. I have found it hugely beneficial and can feel my stress drop very quickly. This makes me believe that acupuncture would also be positive.

Melekai

I broke my wrist during a white-water rafting trip in a way that bent it back so that the back of my hand was nearly touching my forearm before I stopped watching. It sheared the heads off of both the radius and ulna and did massive soft tissue damage. They cast it very tight. I had compartment syndrome, very low circulation such that my fingers were turning purple inside the cast, and remained that way. My doc mentioned we might need to amputate, and I started doing a bunch of mechanical manipulations of it myself to open up the vasculature (by unjamming the wrist/hand joint). I did 6 months of PT, 2-3 sessions per week, but the flex/extend range of motion was less than 15 degrees, maybe got up to 25, and the feeling of the flesh was cold, very low energy. I showed it to a friend of mine who is an electrical engineer w/a polymath worldview, and he said, "That sounds like an electrical problem. You should try acupuncture." A month later, I ran into an acupuncturist who specialized in sports medicine at a holiday party. Never met one before. She pointed at a spot on the forearm and said, "That spot there is just dying for a needle," and said something about restoring the stretch reflex. I started going to her, and she typically focused my treatments on the sore spots in the forearm itself--not any weird needle-in-earlobe/indirect approaches. I was extremely sensitive to the needles, so she rarely got more than 6 into me before I couldn't tolerate any more, and they weren't deep. I went a couple times/wk, and each time, for about an hour or so after the treatment, the ROM was up to about 75 deg, but it would always regress (tighten back up). It was incrementally better (~70 deg baseline) 6 mos later when work disruptions threw me out of my schedule and I stopped going for a few months. I started back up again, and a couple weeks into it, I had an unusually low flight response to the needles going in (still don't know why that was the case). She got nine needles into the forearm that happened to be on classic meridian-based acupuncture points. About 20 mins later, I'm laying there with the needles in, she's elsewhere working w/another patient, and I started to feel something like a pulsing electrical shock, and I looked down at the needles, and they were bouncing in synchrony like little metronomes along each meridian. She came back in a few minutes later and I said, "Can you get these things outta me?" She replied, with a gasp, "This is what we've been waiting for. We need to leave them in." She pulled them out a few minutes later, massaged the arm, and sent me on my way. I tested the ROM on my drive home, cuz it just felt different, and it was back to 95% of original (call it 165 deg), and it has been fixed ever since.

Last edited:

Tansia

I'm using acupuncture and it helps with my energy levels and my immunity. Once I went fire a week every day and noticed much better energy and libido. I remember once Ray or Haidut mentioned that acupuncture possibly works by releasing negative for health endosomes.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals