Am I eating too much fat?

O

Omen

Currrently my macros are split pretty equal, roughly 22% protein, 43% carbs, 35% fat. In the past I have done better with HCLF but the fat seems stabilisng for me right now.

I eat fat/protein during the day and for my last meal I eat the majority of my carbs. Sometimes I might break my last meal into two meals. During the day I do get some carbs in the form of lattes.

I've attached my macros/foods. I would like to experiment with some other foods like maple syrup, ripe bananas and maybe dates but I do have a lot of food intolerances.

Attachments

• cronometer_macros.png
    cronometer_macros.png
    27.6 KB · Views: 73

peter88

As long as you feel good then I’d say it’s not too much. I eat around 150-175g of fat a day and feel great.

Xin

I'm currently doing 49% fat, 27% protein and 24% carbs (188g) and I'm doing very well on this.

OP
O

Omen

I'm currently doing 49% fat, 27% protein and 24% carbs (188g) and I'm doing very well on this.
Nice. Yeah I definitely am feeling better. I was only able to reintroduce carbs a few weeks ago, before that I was strict keto (couldn't tolerate any carbs for a while) but my gut/intestines seemed to heal enough to bring them back after a couple of months.

Will just keep doing what I'm done and adjust if things change.

You might consider based on your daily routine which I don't know about consuming protein in a restricted meal so as not to chronically stimulate mTOR activation which has been targeted against muscle wasting (but I think in old age? ). If you train heavily your needs may vary but during the day I do better with saturated fat and a little sugar from honey. Try 👍

CastorTroy

I put on fat if I go higher than 30% from diet. I'm usually at around 10% BF which feels a balanced body comp to me. I once experimented upping the percentage of dietary fat, going up to 40-45% for a month and I perceived some extra noticeable fat at my belly. If you stay lean with higher fat percentage from diet, great. In my case I can't go over 80-85gr of fat If I want to avoid extra body fat.

Last edited:
OP
O

Omen

I put on fat if I go higher than 30% from diet. I'm usually at around 10% BF which feels a balanced body comp to me. I once experimented upping the percentage of dietary fat, going up to 40-45% for a month and I perceived some extra noticeable fat at my belly. If you stay lean with higher fat percentage from diet, great. In my case I can't go over 80-85gr of fat If I want to avoid extra body fat.
I could do with putting some weight on, I'm really lean. It's due to atrophy though, hoping in time as stress hormones come down it will correct.

OP
O

Omen

You might consider based on your daily routine which I don't know about consuming protein in a restricted meal so as not to chronically stimulate mTOR activation which has been targeted against muscle wasting (but I think in old age? ). If you train heavily your needs may vary but during the day I do better with saturated fat and a little sugar from honey. Try 👍
Interesting. I definitely want to try maple syrup, last time I tried raw honey it didn't agree with me but at the time neither were potatoes. Will try again in the future, thanks.

liam183

You're eating lots of fats but you're also eating a lot of carbs. Probably fine. If anything I'd drop some carbs and fat and add in some more protein with the amount of calories you're consuming

Vins7

Currrently my macros are split pretty equal, roughly 22% protein, 43% carbs, 35% fat. In the past I have done better with HCLF but the fat seems stabilisng for me right now.

I eat fat/protein during the day and for my last meal I eat the majority of my carbs. Sometimes I might break my last meal into two meals. During the day I do get some carbs in the form of lattes.

I've attached my macros/foods. I would like to experiment with some other foods like maple syrup, ripe bananas and maybe dates but I do have a lot of food intolerances.
Do you only eat 7 foods?
What do you most of your at night and not during the day?

OP
O

Omen

Do you only eat 7 foods?
What do you most of your at night and not during the day?
At the moment, yeah. I cover all of my nutrition and I feel decent so I'm not concerned about it. I have a lot of food intolerances but will try reintroducing more things in time.

It's known as carb-backloading and it just works for me right now. I have quite severe POTS so eating my carbs at night also helps with this as I have to lay down after I eat so eating at the end of the day is also convenient. I will adjust as time goes on, if I get to a point where my POTS isn't affected by eating carbs earlier in the day I will no doubt begin doing it.

Vins7

Your main source of calories is boiled potatoes. Do you always eat them boiled? It is a very satiating food if it is cooked like this. Isn't it very difficult for you to eat so much boiled potato and only in one meal?

Interesting test, I also suffer from digestive problems and I have been testing foods.

OP
O

Omen

Your main source of calories is boiled potatoes. Do you always eat them boiled? It is a very satiating food if it is cooked like this. Isn't it very difficult for you to eat so much boiled potato and only in one meal?

Interesting test, I also suffer from digestive problems and I have been testing foods.
Yeah I find roasted potatoes taste better but don't digest nearly as well as boiled.

Because of my compromised digestion I follow the typical 40 minute boiling duration. For the first couple of days it was a lot at once but now I find it easy and enjoyable. I do take a complex digestive enzyme. I couldn't digest them otherwise. Also plenty of salt.

Carb-backloading has always helped me reintroduce carbs when I'm really insulin resistant. Keto for at least a few weeks beforehand, this time around I did it for a few months because things were really bad. Most people use it in conjunction with training but I have eased back on exercise.

OP
O

Omen

I have cut back on milk, I ramped up too quickly and noticed I was feeling much less motivated as well as some other negatives.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals