Aspirin Solubility Differences

Acarpous

jitsmonkey

maybe the tablets have something added that makes them more soluble vs the powder which is just powder?

tomisonbottom

I am curious if anyone else has noticed differences the solubility of aspirin tablets and powder.

All of the generic tablets I have come across readily disintegrate in room temperature water, whereas the powder I currently have (
Amazon.com : Priority Care Animal Aspirin Powder, 1 Lb : Pet Health Care Supplies : Pet Supplies) only partially dissolves in very hot water.

Thoughts?

I got the same kind and although I haven't tried dissolving it (just chased it with juice) I did notice it has no smell or taste.........is yours the same? So weird to me because the Gericare brand of aspirin definitely has a vinegarish smell and an acidic taste

OP
A

Acarpous

I got the same kind and although I haven't tried dissolving it (just chased it with juice) I did notice it has no smell or taste.........is yours the same? So weird to me because the Gericare brand of aspirin definitely has a vinegarish smell and an acidic taste

I notice a very mild taste when I take it and it did have a mild smell when I first received it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals