Calcium overload?????

June

What the heck is going on? Im so frustrated cause I’m in pain. So long story short I realized I may be extremely deficient in calcium. I eat no foods that have calcium content. Intolerant to milk and have been dieting for so many years that i’m pretty sure im deficient in most things. But the bone/joint pain and tremors is probably a big one. Oh and most of my teeth have cracked and not to mention an issue I have with blood not clotting. Weeks before I was taking Magnesium oxalate for constipation and it completely slowed my heart rate a bit too much. So I decided to take some Bone Meal by Kal which has 1300mg Calcium and was experiencing some imrpovement last few days. Except now I have developed a nerve pain running up my left side and zapping my ear lobe. I can feel it radiating from back of my head. Never had this before and it is extremely painful!! Goes off every minute and my body/brain twitches when it zaps. I havent slept becus of it and on the verge of going mad. If I scrunch up my left earlobe, pain is still going off within it. Do you think Magnesium bisglycinate can offset it? I cant go every minute wincing in pain since it makes me hold my breath. So wild to see my left side/arm twitch when it happens. What did I do to myself??? Is this nerve pain? Will heating the area help? Thanks.

Last edited:
You poor thing! First of all I would not suppliment anything more. Are you constipated still?

OP
J

June

You poor thing! First of all I would not suppliment anything more. Are you constipated still?
:(. I have a dental appointment coming up and hope I won’t be twitching by then. Do you know if Calcium levels will drop quickly through excretion? For now, constipation doesn’t seem to be a problem.

:(. I have a dental appointment coming up and hope I won’t be twitching by then. Do you know if Calcium levels will drop quickly through excretion? For now, constipation doesn’t seem to be a problem.
I know calcium suppliments cause a lot of problems. Do you eat grains?

As for blood clotting "O" type blood has trouble blood clotting. Aspirin and vitamin E thins the blood too.

P

Peatness

What the heck is going on? Im so frustrated cause I’m in pain. So long story short I realized I may be extremely deficient in calcium. I eat no foods that have calcium content. Intolerant to milk and have been dieting for so many years that i’m pretty sure im deficient in most things. But the bone/joint pain and tremors is probably a big one. Oh and most of my teeth have cracked and not to mention an issue I have with blood not clotting. Weeks before I was taking Magnesium oxalate for constipation and it completely slowed my heart rate a bit too much. So I decided to take some Bone Meal by Kal which has 1300mg Calcium and was experiencing some imrpovement last few days. Except now I have developed a nerve pain running up my left side and zapping my ear lobe. I can feel it radiating from back of my head. Never had this before and it is extremely painful!! Goes off every minute and my body/brain twitches when it zaps. I havent slept becus of it and on the verge of going mad. If I scrunch up my left earlobe, pain is still going off within it. Do you think Magnesium bisglycinate can offset it? I cant go every minute wincing in pain since it makes me hold my breath. So wild to see my left side/arm twitch when it happens. What did I do to myself??? Is this nerve pain? Will heating the area help? Thanks.
Whenever there is twitching I suggest checking urine ph.

The supplement you are taking could have high levels of lead, bone meal is risky, plus the label shows it contains silica and other undesirable excipients. Magnesium is a good idea, but check ph first. Salt might be helpful. Check b6 status too.

OP
J

June

As for blood clotting "O" type blood has trouble blood clotting. Aspirin and vitamin E thins the blood too.
I believe I am an “A” blood type. No I do not take advil/tylenol or Vit E. I have a very bad gut and am possibly malnutritioned. I have heard calcium causes issues but usually its the Calcium made from limestone. The bone meal I tried is supposedly a natural source but I am switching to Now Foods Calcium Hydroxyapatite in future.

Last edited:
OP
J

June

The supplement you are taking could have high levels of lead, bone meal is risky, plus the label shows it contains silica and other undesirable excipients. Magnesium is a good idea, but check ph first. Salt might be helpful. Check b6 status too.
I know my body type is very acidic due to inflammation. Have not tested my urine. This bone meal was from Kal brand and I am waiting on a delivery of Calcium Hydroxyapatite from Now Foods. I have read it is a better product. I clearly get good results from Calcium. Finally feel sleepy at night before bed and no more charlie horse spasms. But I didnt expect this nerve pain reaction. Im going to try 200mg Magnesium Bisglycinate and see what happens. How does one know how much calcium their body needs without adverse reactions? How much magnesium is ideal?

Last edited:
I believe I am an “A” blood type. No I do not take advil/tylenol or Vit E. I have a very bad gut and am possibly malnutritioned. I have heard calcium causes issues but usually its the Calcium made from limestone. The bone meal I tried is supposedly a natural source but I am switching to Now Foods Calcium Hydroxyapatite in future.
I was thinking maybe you should take an an Advil to see if it might calm your nerve twitch so you can address the other. You vitamin k1 will help clot your blood.

OP
J

June

I was thinking maybe you should take an an Advil to see if it might calm your nerve twitch so you can address the other. You vitamin k1 will help clot your blood.
Thanks for the suggestions. I’ll see what I have available in my cabinet.

Thanks for the suggestions. I’ll see what I have available in my cabinet.
Yeah you gotta calm this stuff down before you can assess what is left. Ray Peat always says "do nothing" and says "watchful waiting" is the best first course of action in cancer, and i think it is good advice in your case too. Check back and let us know how you are doing :)

OP
J

June

Yeah you gotta calm this stuff down before you can assess what is left. Ray Peat always says "do nothing" and says "watchful waiting" is the best first course of action in cancer, and i think it is good advice in your case too. Check back and let us know how you are doing :)
Well I tried to sit back and allow it to pass but it was just too much pain. I ended up taking 400mg Magnesium and the zapping has died down but not completely. I just wish I knew the ratio of Calcium to Magnesium that is right for my body. I have no tests to confirm my levels, though I'm not sure I trust the accuracy anyway. Anyone know anything about hair analysis tests? That seems like an ideal test I can have sent to my home and then shipped back.

Well I tried to sit back and allow it to pass but it was just too much pain. I ended up taking 400mg Magnesium and the zapping has died down but not completely. I just wish I knew the ratio of Calcium to Magnesium that is right for my body. I have no tests to confirm my levels, though I'm not sure I trust the accuracy anyway. Anyone know anything about hair analysis tests? That seems like an ideal test I can have sent to my home and then shipped back.
Did you try the Advil or Tylenol yet?

Unfortunately, those weren't available in my cabinet. Very rarely do I use either of those. Do I wish I had some..yes lol

Look through this thread....

OP
J

June

Well the Magnesium effect didn’t last long. Do you know how long it takes for Magnesium to build up in the body? This zapping prevented me from sleeping. I took two 200mg pills during the day because I was afraid it would cause bowel movements. Maybe I should have taken before bed. I wonder if there’s a way to sleep so it zaps me less.

P

Peatness

Well the Magnesium effect didn’t last long. Do you know how long it takes for Magnesium to build up in the body? This zapping prevented me from sleeping. I took two 200mg pills during the day because I was afraid it would cause bowel movements. Maybe I should have taken before bed. I wonder if there’s a way to sleep so it zaps me less.
Magnesium deficiency can take months to correct.

Attachments

• Magnesium Frequently Asked Questions.docx
    22.9 KB · Views: 15
  • When Magnesium Makes Me Worse.docx
    17.7 KB · Views: 14
OP
J

June

Magnesium deficiency can take months to correct.
Thank you for the reply. I only have Magnesium oxide and bisglycinate on hand. Do you know which one gets absorbed better? I know oxide causes diarrhea but I think I saw reports where it absorbs many times over in the blood compared to others. I will also post this question in the diet section.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals