Canned Oysters UK

Madmac72

Hello everyone I been trying to be canned oysters or any kind but they are so expensive. Does anyone know where I can get canned oysters in UK or shipped?

thank you

Ismail

golder

Hey bud, they have them in Sainsburys, tesco and Waitrose, only problem is they’re in sunflower oil.

Waitrose also sell fresh oysters from the fish counter.
I’d rather go without than have them drenched in PUFA. Surely someone must know where we can get them online? I used to buy them from Iherb US but they stopped shipping canned produce to the UK last year. I was gutted!

Sefton10

I’d rather go without than have them drenched in PUFA. Surely someone must know where we can get them online? I used to buy them from Iherb US but they stopped shipping canned produce to the UK last year. I was gutted!
Just get the John West ones. You can drain them, then soak up most of the oil by pressing them into some kitchen paper. I think the nutritional benefits of the oysters outweigh the downsides of the oil that's left.

Brundle

You can order the Crown Prince smoked oysters in olive oil online, just get a case of them. They last for years.

Ismail

You can order the Crown Prince smoked oysters in olive oil online, just get a case of them. They last for years.
Thanks for this, they’ve also got another brand called in water (brine), however I’ve tried to order £30 worth (hence free delivery), but neither of the options deliver when I choose that much?! 🤷‍♂️

frannybananny

Just get the John West ones. You can drain them, then soak up most of the oil by pressing them into some kitchen paper. I think the nutritional benefits of the oysters outweigh the downsides of the oil that's left.
This question is for anyone.... wouldn't canned clams have much the same nutritional content as canned oysters? It is easy to find canned baby clams in water and I use it to make clam chowder....not a fan of the oysters since they are chewier. Also we collect mussels and scallops off the rocks at low tide from the Pacific ocean ...wouldn't most shellfish be similar?

Sefton10

This question is for anyone.... wouldn't canned clams have much the same nutritional content as canned oysters? It is easy to find canned baby clams in water and I use it to make clam chowder....not a fan of the oysters since they are chewier. Also we collect mussels and scallops off the rocks at low tide from the Pacific ocean ...wouldn't most shellfish be similar?
Different nutrient profiles. E.g., mussels are great for manganese, oysters for zinc etc.

Stilgar

I buy frozen oyster meat from Asian supermarkets - its much better value for money than the John West smoked oysters in sunflower oil you can buy. I make soup with the meat, or fried oysters in masa (soo good).

golder

I buy frozen oyster meat from Asian supermarkets - its much better value for money than the John West smoked oysters in sunflower oil you can buy. I make soup with the meat, or fried oysters in masa (soo good).
Love that, what’s the recipe for the fried oyster meat with masa, definitely want to try this!

Stilgar

Love that, what’s the recipe for the fried oyster meat with masa, definitely want to try this!

I defrost the oysters, drain the liquid, and add a few shakes of liquid smoke (not completely necessary but makes the flavour closer to smoked oysters) coat in lots of seasoned masa flour and fry until crispy in lots of coconut oil. Add more salt to taste.

Unbelievably good!

Ismail

I defrost the oysters, drain the liquid, and add a few shakes of liquid smoke (not completely necessary but makes the flavour closer to smoked oysters) coat in lots of seasoned masa flour and fry until crispy in lots of coconut oil. Add more salt to taste.

Unbelievably good!
Wow sounds amazing!

Gonna check my local Asian supermarkets, thanks for this.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals