Correlation Between Peating And Hair Growth/Loss

Irrespective of what you believe to be the cause, have you grown or lost hair since Peating?

• I am male, and my hair has grown since Peating

Votes: 22 28.9%
  • I am male, and my hair has not changed since Peating

Votes: 20 26.3%
  • I am male, and I have lost hair since Peating

Votes: 21 27.6%
  • I am female, and my hair has grown since Peating

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • I am female, and my hair has not changed since Peating

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • I am female, and I have lost hair since Peating

Votes: 7 9.2%

• Total voters

Pointless

Irrespective of what you believe to be the cause... Have you grown or lost hair since starting a Ray Peat-inspired diet?

Tenacity

My hair has not grown or been lost since Peating (I am only 20 years old). It has definitely changed though; my hair feels thicker and stronger than it used to. I put it down to gelatin, mainly.

Pet Peeve

I don't really know what you guys think of chinese medicine, but I used to be really in to it before. I don't get any chinese medicine treatment but I still see food and drugs in the perspective of chinese medicine, and it doesn't contradict Peat this way - it's more like an extra layer.

Well, the thing is that I have been consuming a lot of coca-cola the last months, like 3 liters a day and both sugar and caffeine depletes "kidney yin". I can also easily tell that tianeptine severely depletes kidney yin - no doubt.

Kidney yin is in charge of among other things sexuality and hair. The chinese say about a woman with long shiny hair that she must have strong kidneys. A man can easily tell that kidney yin is being depleted by the amount and consistency of ejaculate, less and thicker ejaculate = less kidney yin. Kidney yin deficiency can also lead to impotence. Stress depletes kidney yin.

I think I have to cut down on caffeine and go more for fresh fruit. No more tianeptine for me. Drinking water might help a little.

Here is a link, not very Peaty but it gives you a general idea: Debra Betts - Acupuncture and Acupressure for Pregancy and Childbirth

YuraCZ

I don't really know what you guys think of chinese medicine, but I used to be really in to it before. I don't get any chinese medicine treatment but I still see food and drugs in the perspective of chinese medicine, and it doesn't contradict Peat this way - it's more like an extra layer.

Well, the thing is that I have been consuming a lot of coca-cola the last months, like 3 liters a day and both sugar and caffeine depletes "kidney yin". I can also easily tell that tianeptine severely depletes kidney yin - no doubt.

Kidney yin is in charge of among other things sexuality and hair. The chinese say about a woman with long shiny hair that she must have strong kidneys. A man can easily tell that kidney yin is being depleted by the amount and consistency of ejaculate, less and thicker ejaculate = less kidney yin. Kidney yin deficiency can also lead to impotence. Stress depletes kidney yin.

I think I have to cut down on caffeine and go more for fresh fruit. No more tianeptine for me. Drinking water might help a little.

Here is a link, not very Peaty but it gives you a general idea: Debra Betts - Acupuncture and Acupressure for Pregancy and Childbirth
Most importantly coca cola, sugar and coffee are EXTREMELY acidic and they deplete body of all alkaline minerals to neutralize those acids especially the most alkaline mineral calcium. Dairy is also somewhat acidic, but dairy can balance this with high calcium content. Coca cola or sugar can't do this.. Ideal scenario with Peat approach is to eat all calories from dairy, fruits( but not commercial fruit juices) some gelatin, beef liver, shellfish, eggs and for the snack, occasional treat or emergency calories some coca cola, gummy bears, chocolate.. But not abusing those treats as a main source of calories. It has nothing to do with healthy diet let alone treating some health problems with coca cola and coffee with sugar. Good luck lol..

Pet Peeve

Most importantly coca cola, sugar and coffee are EXTREMELY acidic and they deplete body of all alkaline minerals to neutralize those acids especially the most alkaline mineral calcium. Dairy is also somewhat acidic, but dairy can balance this with high calcium content. Coca cola or sugar can't do this.. Ideal scenario with Peat approach is to eat all calories from dairy, fruits( but not commercial fruit juices) some gelatin, beef liver, shellfish, eggs and for the snack, occasional treat or emergency calories some coca cola, gummy bears, chocolate.. But not abusing those treats as a main source of calories. It has nothing to do with healthy diet let alone treating some health problems with coca cola and coffee with sugar. Good luck lol..

Thanks, excellent points

YuraCZ

When I was "Peating" I was doing same thing. I had a lot of calcium from milk, but I was eating extremely acidic diet for the most part. I had so bad teeth sensitivity and so clogged up lymphatic system- swollen lymph nodes, crazy mucus everywhere, which is basically dirty and thick lymph fluid.. very bad blood circulation etc..) All due to basically acids. They are cleaned up into the lymphatic system and calcium is used very rapidly to neutralize all those acids. So even 2-3 quarts of good quality milk is not enough to offset all those extremely acidic things( all from Peat approved food list..). On the other hand now I have hardly 400-500 mg of calcium. But at the same time. I'm trying to minimize all acidic or acid forming foods + I'm trying to eat as many alkaline forming foods (Peat friendly) as possible. I'm also no longer over exercise. So no lactic acid and as a result I don't have swollen lymph nodes anymore. I had big and swollen tonsils decade.. My blood circulation is much better and my testosterone is in upper range, which is great.. So there is no reason to push insane amounts of calcium etc.. When at the same time you are eating crazy amounts of sugary foods( coca cola is really the worst)..

Pet Peeve

When I was "Peating" I was doing same thing. I had a lot of calcium from milk, but I was eating extremely acidic diet for the most part. I had so bad teeth sensitivity and so clogged up lymphatic system- swollen lymph nodes, crazy mucus everywhere, which is basically dirty and thick lymph fluid.. very bad blood circulation etc..) All due to basically acids. They are cleaned up into the lymphatic system and calcium is used very rapidly to neutralize all those acids. So even 2-3 quarts of good quality milk is not enough to offset all those extremely acidic things( all from Peat approved food list..). On the other hand now I have hardly 400-500 mg of calcium. But at the same time. I'm trying to minimize all acidic or acid forming foods + I'm trying to eat as many alkaline forming foods (Peat friendly) as possible. I'm also no longer over exercise. So no lactic acid and as a result I don't have swollen lymph nodes anymore. I had big and swollen tonsils decade.. My blood circulation is much better and my testosterone is in upper range, which is great.. So there is no reason to push insane amounts of calcium etc.. When at the same time you are eating crazy amounts of sugary foods( coca cola is really the worst)..

Wow, this is very interesting. I too have swollen lymph nodes in the neck. All my life I have suffered from yin deficiency, but as you write this must be the same as an overly acidic body. I've always had yellow or almost transparent teeth. I have never consumed dairy because it used to give me asthma as a child but now lately with cyproheptadine and ritanserine it looks like I can finally tolerate it. I have never been fond of fresh fruits either. I'm definitely taking your suggestions into practice.

YuraCZ

Wow, this is very interesting. I too have swollen lymph nodes in the neck. All my life I have suffered from yin deficiency, but as you write this must be the same as an overly acidic body. I've always had yellow or almost transparent teeth. I have never consumed dairy because it used to give me asthma as a child but now lately with cyproheptadine and ritanserine it looks like I can finally tolerate it. I have never been fond of fresh fruits either. I'm definitely taking your suggestions into practice.
I have also problems with dairy. You don't need calcium from dairy. Just don't consume muscle meats and other high phosphorus low calcium foods like grains etc.. and consume enough alkaline foods - vegetables, fruits, lemon/lime water etc.. Summer is ideal for some fruit fast. It will clean your lymphatic system nicely ( grapes, watermelons..) Just add some salt because fruits are very high in potassium but low in sodium.. I consume overall less protein max 100g. Mostly from hydrolyzed collagen, whey protein(is much less acidic then chicken breast for example etc..) Almost no meat. Sardines(with bones) are not Peat approved, but they are good source of protein + calcium, vitD, selenium.. and of course beef-calf liver for micronutrients..Btw "cyproheptadine and ritanserine " in my opinion this also has nothing to do with supporting body to heal and regenerate. Essential vitamins, minerals ok, but those drugs will make your health worse. Sooner or later. Period..

mujuro

A man can easily tell that kidney yin is being depleted by the amount and consistency of ejaculate, less and thicker ejaculate = less kidney yin. Kidney yin deficiency can also lead to impotence. Stress depletes kidney yin.

Interesting. I've been experimenting with high dose caffeine all week. I tolerate caffeine well. I can reach 400mg and get no tremors and no anxiety, even when my carbs are low. Yesterday I smoked a single 12mg cigarette I pinched from a friend and it hit me like a ton of bricks. I began to tremor very badly and soon after felt anxiety gnawing at my gut. My ejaculate later on that night was extremely low in volume and very watery. I can't remember the last time my semen was so pathetic.

EIRE24

I have also problems with dairy. You don't need calcium from dairy. Just don't consume muscle meats and other high phosphorus low calcium foods like grains etc.. and consume enough alkaline foods - vegetables, fruits, lemon/lime water etc.. Summer is ideal for some fruit fast. It will clean your lymphatic system nicely ( grapes, watermelons..) Just add some salt because fruits are very high in potassium but low in sodium.. I consume overall less protein max 100g. Mostly from hydrolyzed collagen, whey protein(is much less acidic then chicken breast for example etc..) Almost no meat. Sardines(with bones) are not Peat approved, but they are good source of protein + calcium, vitD, selenium.. and of course beef-calf liver for micronutrients..Btw "cyproheptadine and ritanserine " in my opinion this also has nothing to do with supporting body to heal and regenerate. Essential vitamins, minerals ok, but those drugs will make your health worse. Sooner or later. Period..
So what foods would be acidic forming that you have excluded from your diet?

johnwester130

fdsgdfgdfg.png

2 very different things with some minor similarities

Last edited:

Pet Peeve

Interesting. I've been experimenting with high dose caffeine all week. I tolerate caffeine well. I can reach 400mg and get no tremors and no anxiety, even when my carbs are low. Yesterday I smoked a single 12mg cigarette I pinched from a friend and it hit me like a ton of bricks. I began to tremor very badly and soon after felt anxiety gnawing at my gut. My ejaculate later on that night was extremely low in volume and very watery. I can't remember the last time my semen was so pathetic.

Yep, my libido is totally tanked too. Smoking depletes kidney yin, though I have smoked for a long time it was not until drinking all this coke that I started to notice lack of fluids and libido. I wonder if PUFAs are alkaline. BTW, kidney yin deficiency is also linked to the emotion fear.

OP
Pointless

Pointless

fdsgdfgdfg.png

2 very different things with some minor similarities

As I pointed out in my poll, the point of this is not to discuss causes of hair loss or any of the factors leading up to it, but to see how many people have lost hair since Peating. It's a starting point to see whether if the way people do things helps, hurts, or has no effect on hair loss in general, irrespective of whether it's MPB or hair shedding.

Tarmander

I have lost some hair while peating, but I feel much better. I think so many people are very estrogenic, which keeps anabolic bone growth from T from occurring, and so they can avoid skull expansion and losing hair. I had a huge mane of hair for many years, but felt awful. I took Estroban for a long period of time and I have hair recession but I feel great.

YuraCZ

You don't eat any of these?
Muscle meat maybe once a week or every other week. No more coffee and junk food like rice cakes dipped in chocolate like musle meat.. I was simply eating these foods daily as source of calories and it was bad idea..

EIRE24

Muscle meat maybe once a week or every other week. No more coffee and junk food like rice cakes dipped in chocolate like musle meat.. I was simply eating these foods daily as source of calories and it was bad idea..
Ah I understand. If something doesn't work then you have to chuck the idea of pursuing with it. Did you have any skin issues like acne or dry skin when you were consuming those foods and having problems ?

YuraCZ

Ah I understand. If something doesn't work then you have to chuck the idea of pursuing with it. Did you have any skin issues like acne or dry skin when you were consuming those foods and having problems ?
I had acne but it has more to do with leaky gut = hard to digest proteins like casein and gluten. No acne whatsoever. One 250g quark and 2 days later huge cysts.. Gluten give me les acne but insane gut problems.. But these are different problems then calcium loss due to acidity from garbage like coca cola, sugar etc..