Don't Forget The Carrot Salad

mrdannyg3

Hey guys, I don't post much but I do frequent the forum and follow Peat advice. Anyways, one issue that undoubtedly cleared up directly as a result of a Peat way of thinking was cold sores/canker sores in my mouth a couple years back. I can basically say this unequivocally as I tried all the mainstream, common methods like reducing citrus, pouring salt on them to burn them (lol why?), listerine etc. I couldn't eat normal foods and was reduced to pure liquids, and this was going on for almost a year in my mouth. My brother now has them and this reminded me that I should post this for anyone who needs to try it. As Peat says, the mouth and the gut are closely linked, and it was possible I had a gut bacteria overload so I gave his carrot salad a shot. Wouldn't you know it, in a week my mouth was back to normal. A year of suffering on and off, and trying every treatment under the sun, and the sores disappear in a week from Ray's subtle carrot salad suggestion.... it made me a believer needless to say. Anyways, these sores can be overwhelming if they multiply so if you have numerous sores, give the carrot salad a shot. Thanks.

Beastmode

Hey guys, I don't post much but I do frequent the forum and follow Peat advice. Anyways, one issue that undoubtedly cleared up directly as a result of a Peat way of thinking was cold sores/canker sores in my mouth a couple years back. I can basically say this unequivocally as I tried all the mainstream, common methods like reducing citrus, pouring salt on them to burn them (lol why?), listerine etc. I couldn't eat normal foods and was reduced to pure liquids, and this was going on for almost a year in my mouth. My brother now has them and this reminded me that I should post this for anyone who needs to try it. As Peat says, the mouth and the gut are closely linked, and it was possible I had a gut bacteria overload so I gave his carrot salad a shot. Wouldn't you know it, in a week my mouth was back to normal. A year of suffering on and off, and trying every treatment under the sun, and the sores disappear in a week from Ray's subtle carrot salad suggestion.... it made me a believer needless to say. Anyways, these sores can be overwhelming if they multiply so if you have numerous sores, give the carrot salad a shot. Thanks.

Still is the biggest game changer for me. It's like a "switch" in my brain turns up a few levels after eating one just about every time.

OP
M

mrdannyg3

Yes, no doubt. I forgot about that, too. More mental clarity, no? Sometimes I just forget to eat the salad for a few days, and then I have it, and I become calm and happier.... the effect is pronounced because I haven't had it in a couple days. I assume this is the body increasing its production of thyroid probably...

Beastmode

Yes, no doubt. I forgot about that, too. More mental clarity, no? Sometimes I just forget to eat the salad for a few days, and then I have it, and I become calm and happier.... the effect is pronounced because I haven't had it in a couple days. I assume this is the body increasing its production of thyroid probably...

"The reduction of irritation combined with gentle stimulation has an immediate effect, probably involving an immediate reduction of serotonin, histamine, and endotoxin absorption; the estrogen effect is probably slower.
The immediate effect of reducing the toxins can resolve symptoms and change attitudes" - Ray Peat

L

Lord Cola

Related to carrot salad, a member of a RP facebook group said the following:
"Peat developed his sterile gut theory in a time before the discovery of the microbiomes around the body and in the gut. It's a very tenuous aspect of his approach.
You may do very well to kill pathogens in your gut (sounds like it might be needed), but at some point we all need a healthy gut microbiome (and what that looks like, exactly, is on the cutting edge of science right now)."
What do you think about the quote?

Last edited by a moderator:

boris

Peat talks about certain parts of the gut having to be sterile not the whole gut. He is aware that a certain microbiome is needed as he reccomends to take vitamin K2 when taking antibiotics. He says it's important because antibiotics can kill some of the bacteria that produce K2 in your gut.

Nemo

A year of suffering on and off, and trying every treatment under the sun, and the sores disappear in a week from Ray's subtle carrot salad suggestion.... it made me a believer needless to say. Anyways, these sores can be overwhelming if they multiply so if you have numerous sores, give the carrot salad a shot. Thanks.

I love homespun cures like this. Great thinking on your part. Thanks for posting, mrdanny.