FDA issues warning about certain oysters from British Columbia because of Vibrio

OP
K

Kimster

Forum Supporter
I LOVE raw oysters, but it is way too scary now to eat them, for so many reasons. Thanks for this reminder.
My Pleasure. I used to take a zinc supplement called, OysterMax' made from oysters. Even if I held my breath and had something to wash the capsules down with immediately, I still couldn't take the taste of oysters. Had to give the bottle away. And you can eat my share of oysters in the world, just can't do it. On the other hand as a child 7-12 I ate raw beef liver like candy. I preferred it over cookies. My Father took us to the grocery store, 5 kids, I'm the youngest. We all got to pick out 1 thing. My siblings dashed to the cookie aisle, I dashed to the meat counter to get a container of raw beef liver. I have no idea how it ever started. These days I take dessicated capsules I'm sorry to say. I can't stand the smell of liver and when it's cooked it smells even worse. Odd how we morph!

My Pleasure. I used to take a zinc supplement called, OysterMax' made from oysters. Even if I held my breath and had something to wash the capsules down with immediately, I still couldn't take the taste of oysters. Had to give the bottle away. And you can eat my share of oysters in the world, just can't do it. On the other hand as a child 7-12 I ate raw beef liver like candy. I preferred it over cookies. My Father took us to the grocery store, 5 kids, I'm the youngest. We all got to pick out 1 thing. My siblings dashed to the cookie aisle, I dashed to the meat counter to get a container of raw beef liver. I have no idea how it ever started. These days I take dessicated capsules I'm sorry to say. I can't stand the smell of liver and when it's cooked it smells even worse. Odd how we morph!
Wow! I thought I was weird rushing to the produce isle to get tomatoes and big sweet onions for my preferred snack as a kid, while everyone else went to the candy section, but you have me beat with the raw liver. As a kid, my parents made liver once a week and it was the most traumatizing meal, with a few humorous stories to go with it, on how I would strategically dispose of mine. I make a really good liver pate now, that I look forward to having, but a plate of liver, still need tons of sautéed onions, bacon and a side of tequila to get it down.

OP
K

Kimster

Forum Supporter
Wow! I thought I was weird rushing to the produce isle to get tomatoes and big sweet onions for my preferred snack as a kid, while everyone else went to the candy section, but you have me beat with the raw liver. As a kid, my parents made liver once a week and it was the most traumatizing meal, with a few humorous stories to go with it, on how I would strategically dispose of mine. I make a really good liver pate now, that I look forward to having, but a plate of liver, still need tons of sautéed onions, bacon and a side of tequila to get it down.
If we went to a restaurant and I saw Liver on the menu, my Father would say NO, cuz the waitstaff would flip out when I asked for it raw! :p:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals