Feeling Horrible. Signs Of MS/Brain Tumor, High Anxiety

Dhair

I'm a "healthy" 23 year old male.
Recently I had an infected ingrown toenail that I had to have taken care of and I was given Levofloxacin AND Amox Clav to get rid of the infection.
The infection is gone, but over the past 2 weeks I've experienced an intense pressure and heaviness in my head and arms, some numbness in my fingers, feelings of unreality, dizziness, cloudy vision and panic attacks. My diet is Peatish.
I'm getting blood work done but I had a full panel taken only a couple months ago and everything was perfectly fine, including my thyroid.
I have a neurologist appointment scheduled. I think I may have MS or a tumor. My symptoms seem slightly better, but I can't be sure.
Could this be a temporary autoimmune response kicking in after my round of antibiotics for some reason? Or just anxiety? How concerned should I be?

Dopamine

I'm a "healthy" 23 year old male.
Recently I had an infected ingrown toenail that I had to have taken care of and I was given Levofloxacin AND Amox Clav to get rid of the infection.
The infection is gone, but over the past 2 weeks I've experienced an intense pressure and heaviness in my head and arms, some numbness in my fingers, feelings of unreality, dizziness, cloudy vision and panic attacks. My diet is Peatish.
I'm getting blood work done but I had a full panel taken only a couple months ago and everything was perfectly fine, including my thyroid.
I have a neurologist appointment scheduled. I think I may have MS or a tumor. My symptoms seem slightly better, but I can't be sure.
Could this be a temporary autoimmune response kicking in after my round of antibiotics for some reason? Or just anxiety? How concerned should I be?

I think these are side effects of one of these drugs- probaly Amoxicillin. Do you know if your allergic to penicillin?

numbness and muscle weakness are amoxicillin side effects, the rest of your symptoms are reminiscent of anxiety/panic attacks which could also be side effects of the drug... If it was me I would stop taking the drugs (if you haven't already) until seeing the doctor again... just my :2cents:

Last edited:
OP
D

Dhair

I think these are side effects of one of these drugs- probaly Amoxicillin. Do you know if your allergic to penicillin?

numbness and muscle weakness are amoxicillin side effects, the rest of your symptoms are reminiscent of anxiety/panic attacks which could also be side effects of the drug... If it was me I would stop taking the drugs (if you haven't already) until seeing the doctor again... just my :2cents:

I haven't taken the drugs in about 12 days. The doctor said he couldn't see anything wrong with me, so he referred me to the neuro.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
There are people who consider themselves suffering from floroquinolone poisoning/toxicity after taking this class of antibiotic. You can read many theories and anecdotal reports by googling 'floroquinolone toxicity'. We had a member when I first joined who considered levaquin responsible for most of his health struggles.

OP
D

Dhair

There are people who consider themselves suffering from floroquinolone poisoning/toxicity after taking this class of antibiotic. You can read many theories and anecdotal reports by googling 'floroquinolone toxicity'. We had a member when I first joined who considered levaquin responsible for most of his health struggles.

Thanks for the response.
Is it possible to recover from this??

InChristAlone

I believe antibiotics lower blood sugar, so could have set off reactive hypoglycemia. Thats what I found to be the case for my panic attacks minus the antibiotics. Only one panic attack is needed to start a chain of anxiety because you fear it happening again.

i think pregnenolone would be helpful, and magnesium, and taurine and theanine. You are very stressed, and these stresses combined with an overly active intelligent brain, can manifest in focusing on many illnesses and possible outcomes that are very unlikely.

OP
D

Dhair

i think pregnenolone would be helpful, and magnesium, and taurine and theanine. You are very stressed, and these stresses combined with an overly active intelligent brain, can manifest in focusing on many illnesses and possible outcomes that are very unlikely.

I am afraid that the alternative here is that I'm losing my mind.
I don't have a job or really talk to anyone.

OP
D

Dhair

I keep reading about people who have been "floxed" and never recovered. I'm very afraid.

PakPik

I keep reading about people who have been "floxed" and never recovered. I'm very afraid.
I'm sorry you're going through this, Dhair. But I want to tell you, there are tons of recovery stories from floxies, please check them out and don't obsess with the bad ones. Also, since you know Peat already, targeting cellular respiration and mitochondrial health is key to help cells heal from insults. My best hopes for you.

Richiebogie

A hypnotist on television suggested to a young woman that she was attached to a bar with a bungee cord and could only move a metre from the table.

Her belief in the suggestion made it true. She would take a few steps from the bar then get pulled back.

Perhaps your floroquinolone poisoning was mild and will resolve now and you will feel great?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I took levaquin for 50 days straight about 15 years ago and although I knew nothing of the toxicity issues back then I did have a lot of the same symptoms and they gradually resolved over time. I think applying various Peat measures to help keep yourself well nourished, metabolism supported and stress under control is your best bet regardless of why you are feeling bad.

DaveFoster

I am afraid that the alternative here is that I'm losing my mind.
I don't have a job or really talk to anyone.
Well, there's your problem. You need to view this thing in the span of months. This month, dial down your diet, start adding in smaller amounts of supplements. Next month, make efforts to transform your lifestyle. Do what you're passionate about and open yourself up to others; social isolation is far worse than most diseases.

Your diet needs to be awesome. That means lots of fruit, low-fat dairy, coconut oil, and sugar/honey.

I'm currently experiencing panic attacks. The most helpful thing for me was Buteyko breathing. Slow your breathing; breathe less and more shallow until you feel a tolerable need for air.

Unless this has been going on for over a month or two, then you have nothing to be worried about. You're in your prime and your body has its peak restorative capacity at this time in your life. You'd probably bounce back in no time at all even with a poor diet. With a good diet? Forget about it.

Last edited:
OP
D

Dhair

li.
Well, there's your problem. You need to view this thing in the span of months. This month, dial down your diet, start adding in smaller amounts of supplements. Next month, make efforts to transform your lifestyle. Do what you're passionate about and open yourself up to others; social isolation is far worse than most diseases.

Your diet needs to be awesome. That means lots of fruit, low-fat dairy, coconut oil, and sugar/honey.

I'm currently experiencing panic attacks. The most helpful thing for me was Buteyko breathing. Slow your breathing; breathe less and more shallow until you feel a tolerable need for air.

Unless this has been going on for over a month or two, then you have nothing to be worried about. You're in your prime and your body has its peak restorative capacity at this time in your life. You'd probably bounce back in no time at all even with a poor diet. With a good diet? Forget about it.
I'm trying but it's already been 14 days. I'm very scared. Vision is still blurry, still have a lot of anxiety.

Been Floxed by Levaquin or Cipro? Maybe Fleeced, too…

if you read those comments, you'll see many, many people who were never the same after taking this drug.
I'm scared to death

I'm scared to death

Please don't allow yourself to be frightened, your struggle is real, but healing is VERY MUCH POSSIBLE. You are young and you will recover your health, but in my opinion you need to follow Dr. Peat's advice to rebuild.

I went through the same thing after my appendix ruptured and was given GIANT doses of Levaquin among other anti-biotics It's been a very long recovery for me, but I am much older than you.:2cents:

tara

bluewren

I'm sorry you're going through this, Dhair. But I want to tell you, there are tons of recovery stories from floxies, please check them out and don't obsess with the bad ones. Also, since you know Peat already, targeting cellular respiration and mitochondrial health is key to help cells heal from insults. My best hopes for you.
Great post, Pakpik.

DaveFoster

li.

I'm trying but it's already been 14 days. I'm very scared. Vision is still blurry, still have a lot of anxiety.

Been Floxed by Levaquin or Cipro? Maybe Fleeced, too…

if you read those comments, you'll see many, many people who were never the same after taking this drug.
I'm scared to death
You have to take these in context. Many people have very little capacity to heal; in fact they use all their energy to subsist, and even then they fail, age, develop degenerative conditions, and die.

If you support the organism, then its regenerative capacities will be far greater than the average Joe Shmo. You have the information, the tools, and I'd expect the intelligence and will to do this. You're young; you have just over 60 years (maybe more) to fix yourself. I'm sure you can do it within a couple months.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
You have to take these in context. Many people have very little capacity to heal; in fact they use all their energy to subsist, and even then they fail, age, develop degenerative conditions, and die.

If you support the organism, then its regenerative capacities will be far greater than the average Joe Shmo. You have the information, the tools, and I'd expect the intelligence and will to do this. You're young; you have just over 60 years (maybe more) to fix yourself. I'm sure you can do it within a couple months.
:+1

OP
D

Dhair

Thanks everyone. I had an okay few days. I'm having some horrible anxiety and dersonalization attacks now. I don't know how much more of this I can take.
Any tips??

Back
Top Bottom