Guide On Noise Pollution

For people who had not yet seen this blog post, I had basically written this up a few weeks ago. In this blog post I've synthesized most important data on noise pollution:

How Noise Pollution Slowly Degrades Your Health Without You Even Noticing (+Solutions For More Silence)

A summary of my argument is included at the beginning of the post.

Of course, let me know what you think!

I've written this blog post because I think noise is really underappreciated in the health community. Of course, we all know how much Ray is minding the environment, as he's been one of the first who really claimed that light is so important.

Enjoy...

Regina

For people who had not yet seen this blog post, I had basically written this up a few weeks ago. In this blog post I've synthesized most important data on noise pollution:

How Noise Pollution Slowly Degrades Your Health Without You Even Noticing (+Solutions For More Silence)

A summary of my argument is included at the beginning of the post.

Of course, let me know what you think!

I've written this blog post because I think noise is really underappreciated in the health community. Of course, we all know how much Ray is minding the environment, as he's been one of the first who really claimed that light is so important.

Enjoy...
Amen! I need to make getting out of the city my #1 priority.
Nice article. I would add that decibel levels do not reflect the quality of the noise.
The most offensive noise is "structural" (as opposed to "ambient").
For structural noise, no sound curtains will help you. The noise/vibration is in the structure unopposed by de-coupling agents. Let's also remember older buildings used lime mortar (not portland cement) -- which is much more dense and absorbing of noise (deadening). So, if a thumping speaker is vibrating a concrete wall, then it will get into that masonry and travel unopposed. I conjective that the people who require the thumping saturation are desperately trying to create a coherent environment by making the constant sound vibration at least artificially set some kind of energetic tone - to compensate for desperately low GABA. But I digress.

If there are people playing home theatres and sound systems in the city, then the only relief is to open the windows and let as much ambient city noise come in as possible. You will pray for garbage trucks, trains, anything to go by to give a respite to the throb.

OP
KalosKaiAgathos
Damn, that's very interesting Regina! I'll surely include that fact once I update this article to a next version.

If I remember correctly, I did include some information about the dampening effects of several types of walls, but suffice it to say, many walls are not constructed in such a way that they block all noise.

So yes, curtains may not block all noise incoming from the environment. For that reason, I also opted for advising hearing plugs or white noise, even though there's no 100% bulletproof solution for most people in the city to get rid of all noise.

I think that different situations take radically different solutions in the case of noise pollution... :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals