Gut motility after SSRI use.

Greg says

what would be beneficial to switch back on peristalsis after 10 years of SSRI use, in a female 31 that now suffers constipation, bloating, inflammation and slow motility. I read SSRIs block phase 2 of liver detoxification. Trying the usual carrot, mushrooms, cascara. 🙏🏼

what would be beneficial to switch back on peristalsis after 10 years of SSRI use, in a female 31 that now suffers constipation, bloating, inflammation and slow motility. I read SSRIs block phase 2 of liver detoxification. Trying the usual carrot, mushrooms, cascara. 🙏🏼
You could try a small amount of boiled and buttered organic potatoes at night. They would be good for sleep too. Fresh squeezed and strained orange juice or lemon water on an empty stomach is stimulating. A quarter to a half cup of black beans mops up some estrogens and gets things moving too. Avoid foods that are dry like chips, toast, cereal, cookies and such.

LucH

Hi,
I use Resolor 0.5 mg (prucalopride) as prokinetic, at bedtime to optimize MMC.
See Dr Mark Pimentel for details.
=> Search with: Dr Mark Pimentel + SIBO
Note: 5 hours between meals are optimal for MMC.

GreekDemiGod

Hi,
I use Resolor 0.5 mg (prucalopride) as prokinetic, at bedtime to optimize MMC.
See Dr Mark Pimentel for details.
=> Search with: Dr Mark Pimentel + SIBO
Note: 5 hours between meals are optimal for MMC.
How are you feeling on Resolor?
Do you take it at least 4h after your last meal?

LucH

How are you feeling on Resolor?
Do you take it at least 4h after your last meal?
Hi,
I've been taking 0.5 mg Resolor before bedtime on first week (at midnight). Need to wait half an hour before going to bed (stools). Afterwards no "prolem" any longer.
After one month, I décided to take it sooner, 2 hours before bedtime, in order not to wake up at 5 or 6 o' clock a.m. to urine. More or less 3.5 hours after last meal.
Note: I took resolor for 56 days. Afterwards pause 2 weeks. Since the end of the cure, no resolor any longer because no need. Possibly taken again if necessary but 2 or 3 times to toilet without resolor, up to now, if I eat 30 gr fibers from vegetables and fruit.
Second step with EO and nutrients in progress (drink every 3 hours). Fine. Health satisfaction: 8.5/10.
No side effects with resolor.

P

Peatress

Has she tried increasing salt? SSRIs can disrupt the body’s ability to retain sodium.

I have been eating high quality, clean, chocolate first thing in the morning with my coffee, before having my calcium rich foods, and it has made a noticeable difference in my digestion. I also highly recommend having cascara tea, not the capsules, in the evening. It strengthens the digestive system, like your intestines went to the gym.

I have been eating high quality, clean, chocolate first thing in the morning with my coffee, before having my calcium rich foods, and it has made a noticeable difference in my digestion. I also highly recommend having cascara tea, not the capsules, in the evening. It strengthens the digestive system, like your intestines went to the gym.

maybe they did! Did you see my guts on the monkey bars :eek:

That's very interesting. Chocolate first thing, and cascara TEA.

Can you share if this is just steeped cascara in water, or is it "coffee cascara" @Rinse & rePeat thank you

maybe they did! Did you see my guts on the monkey bars :eek:

That's very interesting. Chocolate first thing, and cascara TEA.

Can you share if this is just steeped cascara in water, or is it "coffee cascara" @Rinse & rePeat thank you
I steep it in water, but only for like thirty seconds, so it doesn’t have too strong of an effect. I generally use it after a restaurant visit.

sorry, is it just aged cascara root steeped in water then?
No worries, questions are good! Unlike over-the-counter medications and natural laxatives that have a downside, cascara doesn’t change the flora of the intestines, and is highly touted to fend off cancer. Don’t use it often though. I try to use a change in diet and food timing as a strategy too. That same chocolate does not have the same effect having it after a meal.

1695832873367.jpeg

No worries, questions are good! Unlike over-the-counter medications and natural laxatives that have a downside, cascara doesn’t change the flora of the intestines, and is highly touted to fend off cancer. Don’t use it often though. I try to use a change in diet and food timing as a strategy too. That same chocolate does not have the same effect having it after a meal.

View attachment 56072

yep, thought so. Got it. Thank you!

BTW, I find a little progesterone dissolve in olive oil and swallowed helps a huge amount if my stomach is upset from a restaurant.

yep, thought so. Got it. Thank you!

BTW, I find a little progesterone dissolve in olive oil and swallowed helps a huge amount if my stomach is upset from a restaurant.
Oh I don’t get stomach upset ever. I have a gut of steel. I just want to get that bad meal out of me quicker, and not let it have time to harm me. That is a really interesting and healthy tip though. Can you post that in my “Pain” thread?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals