How Much Progesterone For A Post Menopausal Woman?

ReneeAnn

I see people taking, what seem to me to be really low doses of progesterone. I take 200 mg progesterone capsules. I am post menopausal and I take 5 mg of DHEA, but no other hormones. I started on 100 mg in November and morning body temperature went into the low 97s instead of being in the 96s. Then, I bumped up to 200 mg one month ago and my temps went up another degree. I take one week off of the progesterone per month. Is this too much progesterone long term?

Birdie

The kind that Ray recommends is progesterone dissolved in vitamin E. We use Progest-E Complex by Kenogen.
Unless there is some special illness you are using it for, he recommends just using drops of it, and taking a week off each month for post-menopausal women.

I use just one drop morning and evening. You can rub it on your gums and lips.
We don't use it by itself to raise body temps.

OP
ReneeAnn

ReneeAnn

Thanks! It has almost completely stopped my hot flushes, so I'm going to keep it up unless I see something that shows it is detrimental. I do stop one week per month, but my immune system goes into overdrive during that week causing terrible allergies, so I'm going to talk to my doc about that. If there are any studies showing it to be detrimental in 200 mg doses, I would like to see them, though.

Birdie

Oh, of course. But we try to point out Peat's advice to avoid possible confusion on the forum. You're taking a different route.

OP
ReneeAnn

ReneeAnn

Yes. I appreciate that and am glad to know that what I'm doing is not Peaty. I will keep that in mind if I run into any bumps in the road. I'm still a beginner in learning about Peat's advice and do like to know what is and is not Peaty. :)

Birdie

I was just thinking of you because I was reading this other thread below. It's got some good info!

But, I do think some here have taken large amounts of progesterone. What I meant to say is that Ray has recommended that brand for purity of product. Apparently, the prescription ones are are sometimes a synthetic progestin I think it is. He explained that these don't work like real progesterone.

Complete Menopausal Peat

Last edited:
OP
ReneeAnn

ReneeAnn

Thank you so much! I'll take a look at it. I get mine from a compound pharmacy because the regular ones have peanut oil in them which I don't tolerate. So, I think mine is a good one.

L

lollipop

I was just thinking of you because I was reading this other thread below. It's got some good info!

But, I do think some here have taken large amounts of progesterone. What I meant to say is that Ray has recommended that brand for purity of product. Apparently, the prescription ones are are sometimes a synthetic progestin I think it is. He explained that these don't work like real progesterone.

Complete Menopausal Peat
Hi @Birdie - I could not access the link and tried searching for it. Would you mind reposting it or pointing me there? Curious.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals