How to decrease hair smell when doing no shampoo?

Ratatopo

I stopped shampoo 2 months ago, only wash with baking soda like once a week and condition with an egg once a week too, the rest of the days I wash with water, my parents say my hair smells bad, how do you deal with this?

Jonk

Not sure if it helps, but when washing without shampoo it's important to get the bulk of the grease out, and for that you need quite hot water. Also skin and hair is probably linked to gut health so trying to have the gut clean maybe will help with the smell also, at least long term.

Korven

Sounds like it might be the egg.

+1

It may not be such a good idea to put a raw egg in your hair and never use shampoo.

I never using anything in my hair, just hot water, and it works great.

aniciete

If you rinse the egg out with hot water it will cook in your hair and leave a foul smell. If you use eggs again, rinse with cool water and there shouldn’t be any smell.

akgrrrl

Consider finding some sal-soda. I think DrBronners still makes it in a liquid, otherwise its been used for 100yrs as a surfectant. This should allow you to lather up and then mix anything else you want with it, be that a tablspoon of vinegar, or essential oils or whatever. Better than stink at any rate.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals