Hyponatremia / Psych Issues

CoconutEffect

Correspondence with Ray 6/2015

ME:

Interestingly, only AEDs have ever worked for my depression and general uselessness. Dilantin, before, and Klonopin now, but not without the side effects

I'm doing everything pro-thyroid and avoiding everything anti-thyroid that I can glean from your writings. (OJ, gelatin, milk etc...)

• What's a good starting dose for Lithium/target blood level? (if you still think this is a good idea)

• What about progesterone for its Anti-Seizure value? (pregnenalone caused a
severe depression, albeit followed by a period of high creativity)

Ray:

What seizures and depression have in common is hyponatremia, too little sodium with too much water. Lithium acts on the antidiuretic hormone to reverse that pattern in the kidneys. Thyroid hormone (and sugar, rather than fats) has the function of letting the kidneys retain sodium, while releasing excess water. Progesterone works on the same system.

RP forum: How can I track sodium levels? I can serious fatigue spells throughout the day, always accompanied with a severely depressed mood

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    175.2 KB · Views: 42

tara

I'm not sure. Does your taste for salt give you much of an indicator?
I'd guess on approach might be that if you've tested low in sodium, you could consider raising your daily intake by eg 1 tsp spread across the day, and see if it makes you feel better, and retest again after a while?

I can attest to hyponatremia having effects on mood and cognitive function.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals