Insulin Resistance Cause...?

OP
Katelove

Katelove

I meant low fat, sorry. What worked for me is to eat extremely simplistic, 1-2 products only. Took 10 days for the (morning) blood glucose to fall into the almost normal range of a healthy person as opposed to over 180 as it was before. And now I'm going to add one by one product to see what happens. I also eat less than 10g fat. Whaen I was doing high carb eating multiple foods, it never worked for me either.
Hmmmm, that is very interesting. Thank you for sharing that with me Serge.

Kram

Thanks Kram. I was losing weight on low fat, high carb, about 5 lbs a month...losing some muscle too though. But anyway, I appreciate your advice. I am considering this...but how do you really find satiation on low carb and low fat? Lean protein and non starchy veg I guess.
Eating lots of lean, red meat, eggs and also getting plenty of electrolytes (salt + potassium + magnesium) with clean water can help with satiation. I personally haven't struggled with weight issues but ketosis makes the most sense for weight loss. Have also seen a lot of people have success with it.

It just isn't healthy (or optimal) long-term due to all the other reasons discussed on this forum.

OP
Katelove

Katelove

Eating lots of lean, red meat, eggs and also getting plenty of electrolytes (salt + potassium + magnesium) with clean water can help with satiation. I personally haven't struggled with weight issues but ketosis makes the most sense for weight loss. Have also seen a lot of people have success with it.

It just isn't healthy (or optimal) long-term due to all the other reasons discussed on this forum.
Thank you so much. You think eating eggs is good on low fat diet...maybe just a limit on how many...?

youngsinatra

I am confused then about the Randle cycle info if I am eating so much fat on a Keto diet. Is this addressed in this video?
Just as other members said, it is true that ketosis is a state where the body oxidizes body fats at an accelerated speed.

I would neither do very low fat nor very high fat when doing ketogenic dieting.

Even if you eat dietary fats, your body will burn your body fat through betaoxidation when you are in a caloric deficit, which is much easier to sustain in ketosis because of it‘s appetite-suppressing effects.

I‘d consider an intermittent fasting routine with 2 big meals a day. High quality protein like steak, chicken thighs, eggs, wild fish, cooked non-starchy vegetables, some extra virgin olive oil for taste, iodized salt.

Angus Barbieri (1939 – 7 September 1990) was a Scottish man who fasted for 382 days, from June 1965 to July 1966. He lived on tea, coffee, soda water, and vitamins while living at home in Tayport, Scotland, and frequently visiting Maryfield Hospital for medical evaluation.

Barbieri's starting weight was recorded at 456 pounds (207 kg) and he stopped fasting when he reached his goal weight of 180 pounds (82 kg). He lost weight at an average of 327 g (12 oz) per day, or 10 kg (22 lb) per month.

The ketogenic diet is essential a fasting-mimicking diet, but you still get essential nutrients.

OP
Katelove

Katelove

Just as other members said, it is true that ketosis is a state where the body oxidizes body fats at an accelerated speed.

I would neither do very low fat nor very high fat when doing ketogenic dieting.

Even if you eat dietary fats, your body will burn your body fat through betaoxidation when you are in a caloric deficit, which is much easier to sustain in ketosis because of it‘s appetite-suppressing effects.

I‘d consider an intermittent fasting routine with 2 big meals a day. High quality protein like steak, chicken thighs, eggs, wild fish, cooked non-starchy vegetables, some extra virgin olive oil for taste, iodized salt.

Angus Barbieri (1939 – 7 September 1990) was a Scottish man who fasted for 382 days, from June 1965 to July 1966. He lived on tea, coffee, soda water, and vitamins while living at home in Tayport, Scotland, and frequently visiting Maryfield Hospital for medical evaluation.

Barbieri's starting weight was recorded at 456 pounds (207 kg) and he stopped fasting when he reached his goal weight of 180 pounds (82 kg). He lost weight at an average of 327 g (12 oz) per day, or 10 kg (22 lb) per month.

The ketogenic diet is essential a fasting-mimicking diet, but you still get essential nutrients.
Thank you very much for this detailed reply. I understand more now. I will consider doing this. <3

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals