Is Ray giving Inositol his approval here?

movebetter

Is Ray giving Inositol his approval here?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6NvwqEE8Is

inositol that it cures even treatment resistant depression that nothing else can
1:06:29
really touch in terms of pharma drugs i don't know but i i think it will
1:06:37
eventually come into use as just a a a situational
1:06:45
defense like pregnenolone or progesterone as something that has an all-purpose
1:06:52
protective effect studies been done on on various cells with
1:06:58
x irradiation uh showing that it is a powerful anti-radiation damage
1:07:05
factor so it structurally acts similar to sugar basically even though it's technically not
1:07:11
yeah yeah it doesn't get burned up so fast as a fructose
1:07:18
or glucose so it can have a longer lasting
1:07:23
stabilizing effect so switching gears a little bit uh i've

Oleg

It does seem that inositol has lots of benefits according to Ray. I wanted to buy some, but it's in inositol phosphate form. The phosphate part gives me a pause.

I’ve been using 1.5g for Several months. No effects detectible, but I’m doing very well so I’m continuing to take it.

OP
movebetter

movebetter

It does seem that inositol has lots of benefits according to Ray. I wanted to buy some, but it's in inositol phosphate form. The phosphate part gives me a pause.
I am using myo-inositol. From Pure Encapsulations. Do you think it's ok?

Oleg

I am using myo-inositol. From Pure Encapsulations. Do you think it's ok?
I haven't seen that before, but it looks like it an alcohol sugar, a better form than phosphate one. I would give it a try myself. Thanks for info

Osukhan

dr james dinicolantonio has some good info on Inositol

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/CYug280ugcR/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I have been putting inositol in my coffee for a long time now, and only recently added d-chiro inositol maybe a couple weeks ago...

OP
movebetter

movebetter

dr james dinicolantonio has some good info on Inositol

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/CYug280ugcR/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I have been putting inositol in my coffee for a long time now, and only recently added d-chiro inositol maybe a couple weeks ago...

Hi, thanks, have you seen any noticable improvements from either?

Zucker

Hi, thanks. Do you know the differences and have you used it and has it helped you?
As far as I am aware, the body is able to transform the Myo version to D-chiro version if all goes well. D-chiro helps more with synthesis and storage of glucose. I take Inositol to help with insulin resistance and this particular brand because it has no fillers added. I do not know whether the supplement is working , I will have my longterm blood sugar tested in a couple of months.

Oleg

This sounds great and seem like a very beneficial supplement. I would love to add it to my regiment, but I don't trust the industry, the purity and their claims. I guess the only way to find out is to try and test on ourselves :p:

summergirl

This is just my personal experience. I am a 26 year old woman. I had irregular periods since my first period age 13. I would get my period about every other month. Many symptoms of estrogen dominance, hormone imbalance, acne, over the years. Then I was diagnosed with PCOS at age 20 based on my hormone levels (high LH:FSH ratio, high testosterone) and I started taking inositol. This was years before discovering Ray Peat. That was my only change. I have gotten my period every 32-35 days, for all these years, ever since the first month that I started taking myo-inositol at age 20. I am now 26 and I still take it. (4g per day)

This is just my personal experience. I am a 26 year old woman. I had irregular periods since my first period age 13. I would get my period about every other month. Many symptoms of estrogen dominance, hormone imbalance, acne, over the years. Then I was diagnosed with PCOS at age 20 based on my hormone levels (high LH:FSH ratio, high testosterone) and I started taking inositol. This was years before discovering Ray Peat. That was my only change. I have gotten my period every 32-35 days, for all these years, ever since the first month that I started taking myo-inositol at age 20. I am now 26 and I still take it. (4g per day)

wow. Amazing. Thank you for posting.

OP
movebetter

movebetter

Thank you summergirl, can you tell me what brand you've been using? I am now using Pure Encapsulations, But I see Now brand has the same thing at less then half the price.
Amazon product ASIN B002HZ5MRMView: https://www.amazon.com/Pure-Encapsulations-Hypoallergenic-Supplement-Emotional/dp/B002HZ5MRM/ref=sr_1_2?crid=G2DUU1O3ZJ02&keywords=pure+encapsulations+inositol&qid=1697425513&s=hpc&sprefix=%2Chpc%2C959&sr=1-2

Amazon product ASIN B002F8J47KView: https://www.amazon.com/Now-Foods-Inositol-Powder-oz/dp/B002F8J47K/ref=sr_1_9?crid=XGJQR9LBK185&keywords=Now+brand+inositol&qid=1697425339&s=hpc&sprefix=now+brand+inositol%2Chpc%2C267&sr=1-9

summergirl

I used the brand “ovasitol” for the first year or 2, it has both Myo and d chiro inositol and it is expensive. then I switched to Jarrow formulas Myo inositol (the powder version) for another 3 years or so. A month ago I couldn’t find Jarrow formulas powdered version on Amazon so I actually bought a different brand called zazzee naturals.

It appears that Zazzee brand also makes one with 40:1 ratio of myo-inositol to d-chiro. Maybe I will try the “pregnositol” next time although it’s more expensive and I think the regular myo inositol has worked fine for me for years.

Zazzee Myo-Inositol Powder, 226 Servings, 16 Ounces, 2000 mg per Serving, Includes Free Scoop for Exact Dosage, 100% Pure, Vegan and Non-GMO Amazon.com

Last edited:
OP
movebetter

movebetter

Thanks for that information. I made a spread sheet to compare brands and it's kind of crazy. The serving size goes from .73mg to 4.2mg and the per pound price goes from $27 to $100.

Brand, oz, servings, ser size mg, total mg, Cost
Now162262452$27
Zazzee166220.736457$40
Nutricost164541454$27
Pure Encap161204.2504$100

summergirl

Thanks for that information. I made a spread sheet to compare brands and it's kind of crazy. The serving size goes from .73mg to 4.2mg and the per pound price goes from $27 to $100.

Brand, oz, servings, ser size mg, total mg, Cost
Now162262452$27
Zazzee166220.736457$40
Nutricost164541454$27
Pure Encap161204.2504$100
I know, it’s funny how the pricing is so different. I went from spending like $90 per container on ovasitol and then switched to $18 per container of Jarrow formulas and they were very similar quantities.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals