Jock Itch (Ringworm)

M

member 2106

For about 2 years now, I've suffered from jock itch around my groin area, and have not been able to clear it. I'm convinced it's indicative of a systemic problem, and am looking at ways of curing it from the inside. Does anyone have any suggestions/testimonies? I'm pretty desperate now. It's a really embarrassing condition, and I want rid of it as quickly as possible, but it's so stubborn. Attempts to clear it from the outside don't seem to work. Do you think living a cleaner lifestyle will eradicate it, or do you think it needs to be tackled externally, eg. With ointments or coconut oil or suchlike?

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

dfspcc20

Have you tried epsom salt baths, or do you supplement with magnesium?
When my son was around 3 yo, he ended up getting ringworm on his scalp (from a kitten we adopted). The general consensus we got was the the only way to get rid of it on the scalp was with internal antifungal drugs, which have some pretty nasty side effects. We didn't want to go that route. We started giving him epsom salt baths daily, and the ringworm ended up going away on its own.

OP
M

member 2106

Have you tried propolis topically

No, I haven't. Is this something that worked for you? I'm worried that, because I've had this in the area for so long, it's going to be very hard to eradicate topically. But I'm up for trying anything that might help.

OP
M

member 2106

Have you tried epsom salt baths, or do you supplement with magnesium?
When my son was around 3 yo, he ended up getting ringworm on his scalp (from a kitten we adopted). The general consensus we got was the the only way to get rid of it on the scalp was with internal antifungal drugs, which have some pretty nasty side effects. We didn't want to go that route. We started giving him epsom salt baths daily, and the ringworm ended up going away on its own.

Epsom salt baths are my next step, actually. One of the things that seemed to work was swimming in the sea, but that's not possible for me again until July.

Yes ,I find when all else fails Propolis comes to the rescue, seems to have that something extra. Has good antimicrobial,anti fungal,and is immune stimulating, antiinfective antiviral etc,definitly worth a shot.

OP
M

member 2106

Yes ,I find when all else fails Propolis comes to the rescue, seems to have that something extra. Has good antimicrobial,anti fungal,and is immune stimulating, antiinfective antiviral etc,definitly worth a shot.

Thanks for your recommendation, I'm going to try that. Also have some hope for the Epsom salt baths.

Richiebogie

I know a swimmer who could not stop the tinea on his feet with topical treatments. However when he stopped eating wheat it went away. He also stopped getting calculus building up in his mouth!

This occurred despite eating more fruit juice, fresh and dried fruit and sugar in place of the wheat.

Wheat is in so many foods that it took a while to cut it out completely.

OP
M

member 2106

I know a swimmer who could not stop the tinea on his feet with topical treatments. However when he stopped eating wheat it went away. He also stopped getting calculus building up in his mouth!

This occurred despite eating more fruit juice, fresh and dried fruit and sugar in place of the wheat.

Wheat is in so many foods that it took a while to cut it out completely.

Interesting. I've always suspected wheat might be a contributing factor, but haven't had the strength of will to stop eating it. Scrambled eggs are so good on toast. Maybe this will be an incentive to try harder.

Heidi

I agree that fixing diet, breathing, and metabolism is best. However, a topical cure can be welcome until you can heal systemically. I am a woman who has had problems with yeast and athlete's foot. The best remedy that I have found for topical application is boric acid powder. I've mixed it with water to make a paste that I've applied. I've also made an ointment by mixing boric acid into coconut oil and adding a few drops of tea tree oil. My husband has used my ointment a few times and it cleared up his problem very fast. I tried tons of different things before I found the boric acid. It is very inexpensive. A small amount works. A container of it lasts a long time.

OP
M

member 2106

I agree that fixing diet, breathing, and metabolism is best. However, a topical cure can be welcome until you can heal systemically. I am a woman who has had problems with yeast and athlete's foot. The best remedy that I have found for topical application is boric acid powder. I've mixed it with water to make a paste that I've applied. I've also made an ointment by mixing boric acid into coconut oil and adding a few drops of tea tree oil. My husband has used my ointment a few times and it cleared up his problem very fast. I tried tons of different things before I found the boric acid. It is very inexpensive. A small amount works. A container of it lasts a long time.

Thanks, I will consider trying the boric acid paste. I have also heard that tea tree oil can be effective. I've started using Himalayan bath salts and am going to cut out wheat for a while - maybe those changes will be sufficient.

Ledo

Do you eat alot of coconut oil?

I think ketones can feed it systemically.

OP
M

member 2106

Do you eat alot of coconut oil?

I think ketones can feed it systemically.

I don't, actually, but had been intending to take more because I've heard about the antifungal properties of coconut oil. But is that only true if applied topically, I wonder? Now that you mention it, I see some discussion about how ketones can been used as fuel by fungi, which is quite worrying. Do you have any articles you can link to? Does anyone else have a say in this?

Ledo

I don't, actually, but had been intending to take more because I've heard about the antifungal properties of coconut oil. But is that only true if applied topically, I wonder? Now that you mention it, I see some discussion about how ketones can been used as fuel by fungi, which is quite worrying. Do you have any articles you can link to? Does anyone else have a say in this?
The idea is ketones available systemically are feeding the fungus. Consuming coconut oil produces the ketones. A few years back when I ate alot of coconut oil I had jock itch. Something I had on and off over the years eating SAD. It went away when I stopped eating CC and hasn't returned. I think my metabolism is very good now. I don't think applying it topically would generate any ketones so it might help in that case.

Wow...I never knew this about the ketones feeding fungus. Anecdotally, I ate a TON of coconut oil while on a low-carb diet and despite eating NO fruit, grains or sugar my foot fungus was the worst it's ever been....of course I was freezing cold too.

I eat way more fruit/sugar/carbs now than ever and I haven't had foot fungus since I started "Peating".

Hmmmm, so now I'm wondering if coconut/MCT oil induced diarrhea was from this ketone feeding fungus as well??? They say coconut oil is anti-fungal and the gut issues are from the die off...

I still cook with coconut oil on occasion, but no longer eat the spoonfuls that I choked down during my "paleo-daze".

Lilac

Pedifix FungaSoap cured a very stubborn athlete's foot I had.