Looking For A Good T3 Only

bennyha

Could you guys please let me know of some good quality t3 only brands?

It looks like Cytomel is backed up for a few months, and I can't wait that long. Is Tiromel decent? Thats the only thing I can seem to find online right now.

Any help on what and where to buy would be so greatly appreciated.

jaguar43

Ray Peat has said the only t3 medication he trust are cynomel from mexico and Cytomel from the U.S made by king pharmaceuticals.

jaguar43

Yea, if you anyone who hunts deer or bear. That last about two months. Or if you live in an area that sells the whole animal you could go from their.

Xisca

What is a "good" T3?
jag2594 said:
Ray Peat has said the only t3 medication he trust are cynomel from mexico and Cytomel from the U.S made by king pharmaceuticals.

So, I cannot just get any T3 from a pharmacy around?
I have a friend who got her thyroid removed, and she does well with her medication, how can it be then? How are all those people doing? If it is doing its job... Are there any drawbackS?

Strongbad said:
Until then, the best bet is chicken neck, fish head or neck bones :(

Ho, do you mean that we get thyroid from the animals those neck we eat? Any animal even fish?
Chickens are sold head and neck free...

jaguar43

Xisca said:
What is a "good" T3?
jag2594 said:

I have a friend who got her thyroid removed, and she does well with her medication, how can it be then? How are all those people doing? If it is doing its job... Are there any drawbackS?

Strongbad said:
Until then, the best bet is chicken neck, fish head or neck bones :(

Ho, do you mean that we get thyroid from the animals those neck we eat? Any animal even fish?

Is your friend on t3 or t4 or Both ? The problem with t3 is how its made. There has been some reviews on the internet saying that the generic t3 is not as potent as the brant t3. This website to be exact. But yea, The branded version of t3 is the best next to Grossman Cynomel.

http://thyroidrt3.com/which.htm

There isn't any natural T3 product, in the sense of biologically created, but the activity of T3 is so great that the effective dose, of a few micrograms, couldn't introduce a significant amount of industrial junk; the excipients are the main concern, and whether the people making the tablets understand what they are doing. Cytomel and Cynomel, so far, have been very well made, and there isn't any other T3 product that I trust.

http://peatarian.com/peatexchanges

tara

Xisca said:
May be different where you are. Some places it's prescription only. As far as I've been able to tell, it's not even available on prescription where i am.

Xisca said:
Again, I don't know how it works in La Palma, so I don't know what your friend is prescribed.
Some people do fine with synthetic T4 only supplementation, if their liver etc are very good at converting it to the active T3.
Some people get NDT or whole thyroid, which should contain natural proportions of T3 and T4 - usually about 1:4. Some people do fine with this ratio. Some people seem to do better if they get a higher ratio of T3. Peat says people who need thyroid supplementation vary in what teh ideal ration is, but usually 1:4 - 1:2. There are quite a few here using NDT, and quite a few how use synthetic T4 and T3 with a separate T3 only component that allow them to adjust the ratio.

Xisca said:
Apparently fish heads do.
Chicken necks should hopefully have a thyroid gland still in them. I buy lots of chicken necks, and boil up a potful of stock, freeze in icecube trays, and just eat a little twice a day. Whoever is taking the necks out of those chickens is doing something with them. Maybe you can find out and get some.
In many places, they are careful to remove the thyroid glands from larger animals, so people don't get accidentally (and dangerously) overdosed. Peat said in decades past they used to get thrown in with other bits for sausage meat. I would not expect the lamb neck chops I get to have any significant thyroid hormone.
If you grow and slaughter you own animals at some stage, maybe you can learn to find and use the thyroid. But this would have to be careful - very little is needed.

Xisca

"Some people do fine with synthetic T4 only supplementation, if their liver etc are very good at converting it to the active T3."
Well, that's Europe.... She takes levotiroxina, and my mother actually had the same some years ago.
A quick search told me that it is T4...
which certainly means that t3 is not available, so good for people who metabolise it!
I am going to give a try to the 25mg mini dosis...

Let's wait for the mexicans to provide again with cynomel!

jaguar43

I actually have started TRIYOTEX again. It seems to work at larger dosage than cynomel. But still works for warmer, high pulse, more energy. So yea, for those who feel like crap without t3 even in the summer. that is pretty much last resort. There is a Uk product called Tertroxin and seems to be second best to cynomel from mexico. If anyone can find a link to it or a source that may be good quality.

Others on this forum have found the Turkish brand so any reviews from that would be helpful.

This is a website that I found on the internet talking about different brands of t3.

Note: when it says Tryotex is a waste of money. It doesn't have the I from the one presently sold one from mymexicandrugstore. Which could mean several things. That it isn't the same product or they add an I and formula change.

jaguar43

bennyha said:
Could you guys please let me know of some good quality t3 only brands?

It looks like Cytomel is backed up for a few months, and I can't wait that long. Is Tiromel decent? Thats the only thing I can seem to find online right now.

Any help on what and where to buy would be so greatly appreciated.

If you don't mind me asking could you pm me your source for Tiromel ? I would be definitely interested in trying it.

Hyuckaderp

jag2594 said:
I actually have started TRIYOTEX again. It seems to work at larger dosage than cynomel. But still works for warmer, high pulse, more energy. So yea, for those who feel like crap without t3 even in the summer. that is pretty much last resort. There is a Uk product called Tertroxin and seems to be second best to cynomel from mexico. If anyone can find a link to it or a source that may be good quality.

Others on this forum have found the Turkish brand so any reviews from that would be helpful.

This is a website that I found on the internet talking about different brands of t3.

Note: when it says Tryotex is a waste of money. It doesn't have the I from the one presently sold one from mymexicandrugstore. Which could mean several things. That it isn't the same product or they add an I and formula change.

How much triyotex are you using daily? One pill doesn't seem strong enough for me but I'm kind of just using it to adjunct my NatureThroid dose

jaguar43

Hyuckaderp said:
jag2594 said:

How much triyotex are you using daily? One pill doesn't seem strong enough for me but I'm kind of just using it to adjunct my NatureThroid dose

Depends how I feel. Maybe 2 a day. morning and night. I think it's best to pull apart the covering and down the substance itself, rather swallow the case as well.

forterpride

Depends how I feel. Maybe 2 a day. morning and night. I think it's best to pull apart the covering and down the substance itself, rather swallow the case as well.

2 a day. As in 2 75mcg triyotex a day? Is this because you have found it to be much weaker than cynomel? Are you taking t4 as well?

jaguar43

2 a day. As in 2 75mcg triyotex a day? Is this because you have found it to be much weaker than cynomel? Are you taking t4 as well?

Yea, in my experience it probably equivalent to 35-50 micrograms of cynomel. But i haven't tried it within a year.

forterpride

Yea, in my experience it probably equivalent to 35-50 micrograms of cynomel. But i haven't tried it within a year.

Thanks for responding. Can I ask why you take it all at one as opposed to throughout the day? Also... Just to be clear... You are saying that 1 75mcg triyotex is approximately equal to 35-50 mcg of cynomel?

jaguar43

Thanks for responding. Can I ask why you take it all at one as opposed to throughout the day? Also... Just to be clear... You are saying that 1 75mcg triyotex is approximately equal to 35-50 mcg of cynomel?

Yea, I when I was on cynomel I took around 35-50 micrograms for breakfast and lunch. I tried one whole pill and it was similar to that dose. I use to take it throughout the day but I didn't really have time to take it that frequent and it was time consuming. So I started taking it during eating to make it last longer and it has work.

I think I remember ray peat saying that once your body got used to the t3 then you can take it in larger doses less frequently. I think he is concern about people taking to much at one time.

forterpride

Yea, I when I was on cynomel I took around 35-50 micrograms for breakfast and lunch. I tried one whole pill and it was similar to that dose. I use to take it throughout the day but I didn't really have time to take it that frequent and it was time consuming. So I started taking it during eating to make it last longer and it has work.

I think I remember ray peat saying that once your body got used to the t3 then you can take it in larger doses less frequently. I think he is concern about people taking to much at one time.

thank you! Do you know if triyotex has any excipients that are bad like gum?

Last edited:

jaguar43

tara

Yea, I when I was on cynomel I took around 35-50 micrograms for breakfast and lunch.
Not trying to talk jag out of doing something that's working for him, but just want to reinforce for new-comers that this is not Peat's recommendation. Peat usually recommends tiny nibbles (eg 1-2mcg) of T3 at a time, and says that more than 4mcg in an hour is unphysiologic and can affect regulation.

I think triotex may be a supposedly slow-release formulation, so it may behave differently?

achillea

We listened to an old 2009 Ask the Herb Doctor and Ray Peat recommended Novotiral and Thyrolar. Found Novotiral at MyMexicanPharmacy.com. They mention cytomel in the info. I am new at this too so hopefully it is good