Methylene Blue Induced Serotonin Syndrome At 400mcg Dose

yoshiesque

hello all,

i finally tested MB, one damn drop in my coffee at 400mcg dose. for next 36 hours or so i had high body temps (38 to 39), headaches, nausea, light headed, dizzy, spaced out etc - all the symptoms of serotonin syndrome.

question is why would i get it at such a ridiculously low dose? i thought ppl generally take it at 1mg to 15mg. i think that dose would literally kill me (given how high my temps were already going)

J

jb116

hello all,

i finally tested MB, one damn drop in my coffee at 400mcg dose. for next 36 hours or so i had high body temps (38 to 39), headaches, nausea, light headed, dizzy, spaced out etc - all the symptoms of serotonin syndrome.

question is why would i get it at such a ridiculously low dose? i thought ppl generally take it at 1mg to 15mg. i think that dose would literally kill me (given how high my temps were already going)
Not serotonin syndrome. Low blood sugar.

miki14

I've heard from some Peaters, who were big time cheese eaters that MB gave them crazy reactions. All the tyramine got moving. More of a first time thing.

ShotTrue

If I remember the first couple of times the serotonin reaction is high but then the body gets used to it

OP
Y

yoshiesque

it cant be low blood sugar coz im always eating sugar. i have also been taking small amounts of t3 (2.5mcg), pregnenolone (actually took about a gram or so that day), coffee, vitamin b1, b2, k2.

if anything would have been an issue it could have been the pregnenolone i only started taking that about a week before.

im now thinking next time starting significantly lower. eg maybe just 50mcg. and work my way up very slowly.

what sucks is though how would i kinow if temps are raising coz of metabolism via MB being an uncoupler VS temps raising from serotonin?

it was definitely serotonin syndrome as i googled the symptoms and it was 100% correct. i went to see the docs and they suggested it was too and id just hav eto wait for it to come down.

J

jb116

it cant be low blood sugar coz im always eating sugar. i have also been taking small amounts of t3 (2.5mcg), pregnenolone (actually took about a gram or so that day), coffee, vitamin b1, b2, k2.

if anything would have been an issue it could have been the pregnenolone i only started taking that about a week before.

im now thinking next time starting significantly lower. eg maybe just 50mcg. and work my way up very slowly.

what sucks is though how would i kinow if temps are raising coz of metabolism via MB being an uncoupler VS temps raising from serotonin?

it was definitely serotonin syndrome as i googled the symptoms and it was 100% correct. i went to see the docs and they suggested it was too and id just hav eto wait for it to come down.
Sorry but that is totally absurd. MB in concentrations of usually around 100mg or so can cause this type of issue. Even some reports around 30mg. No way with mcgs.

haidut

Forum Supporter
hello all,

If you have actual serotonin syndrome you'd be in the hospital in no time. This thing is no joke. Google it, if you want to get scared of just how serious it is. The vast majority of people do NOT recover on their own without getting IV cyproheptadine and spending a few days in the ER.

OP
Y

yoshiesque

what would explain the very high body temps then? it was consistently around 38.6 to 39 for 2 days.

tankasnowgod

hello all,

Actually, those sound like symptoms of the common cold. Or fighting off a minor infection. Or food poisoning. Not a pleasant 36 hours, but it doesn't sound completely out of the ordinary or life threatening, either.

You might have encountered low blood sugar and/or triggered a stress response. It sounds like you added a bunch of pro metabolic substances in a short period of time.

japanesedude

I thought nausea,headache and increased body temp are signs of high dopamine atleast thats what I always gets from Diamant and Lisuride.

OP
Y

yoshiesque

i was also feeling feverish. thats why it was inline with serotonin syndrome, at least what i saw on wikipedia lol.

iPeat

I get the same spaced-out feeling with a wicked headache even at 300mcg. I've attempted MB at least a dozen times and have only made it up to 400mcg. For some reason, I just can't tolerate it. I've tried avoiding cheese during the attempts but it didn't help. I do drink a ton of coffee though. I don't know how some people on here take MB and drink coffee, if it's that major of a conflict.

I don't think it's serotonin syndrome but it does seem like it's related to serotonin because of the mental side effects.

Gone Peating

i get light headed when i drink coffee with Methylene Blue

when i take it on its own without coffee, milk , or cheese i get all the benefits without the lightheaded side effects

Fractality

Today I had two drops of MB after eating eggs, hard goat cheese, and orange juice. I also took b vits and vit k. I've had a headache all day with elevated body temperature and pulse rate. I'm not sure if I just turbocharged my metabolism or if I had the MB too close to tyramine consumption. I'm leaning towards the latter since I have had 2 quarts of goat milk, 3 peaches, and a mexican cola which is a decent amount of calories. I've been averaging a 2x2 to 2x4 inch chunk of goat cheese every day. I've had b vit and MB combo previously without these effects so I think I had the MB too close to the cheese consumption.

Waynish

I hate when people assume the molecular cause of specific experiences. How is that not more boastful that knowing God?

The only case from real life experience probably caused by serotonin syndrome involves binge on MDMA and resulted in multi-organ failure. You never got anything close to serotonin syndrome. You just experienced psychological stress from consuming some previously unknown substance imo.

mrchibbs

These thread titles are always entertaining. 400mcg is a very, very safe dose.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals