Moving 2,000 feet from 5g tower.

Bingo

We live in a smaller town that has the large 5G towers along corridors, but none of the little antennas or nodes yet. I found a house 2,000 feet from a tower that has everything we need. You can see the top of th tower through the trees but the leaves will come out on the trees in a couple of weeks and it won't be visible. I have kids who play outside. we're moving from a place that also has 5G but the distance to the nearest tower is 1.5 miles. These are sprint/cellular one towers with the band frequency that is lower and goes farther. Hard to say how much energy they put out. Anybody experience problems with this distance from a rural tower?

Nick

We live in a smaller town that has the large 5G towers along corridors, but none of the little antennas or nodes yet. I found a house 2,000 feet from a tower that has everything we need. You can see the top of th tower through the trees but the leaves will come out on the trees in a couple of weeks and it won't be visible. I have kids who play outside. we're moving from a place that also has 5G but the distance to the nearest tower is 1.5 miles. These are sprint/cellular one towers with the band frequency that is lower and goes farther. Hard to say how much energy they put out. Anybody experience problems with this distance from a rural tower?
A lot of the time topography makes as big a difference as distance in how much signal reaches a given area. If you can see the antenna when the leaves are off the trees that's not great, leaves do attenuate signal but not nearly as much as hills, it also depends on how many layers of trees are between you and the antenna.

AOSJ

Forum Supporter
Agree with the previous poster who mentioned effect of topography - I live in a hilly area with towers pretty nearby but my cell phone signal is very poor

OP
B

Bingo

A lot of the time topography makes as big a difference as distance in how much signal reaches a given area. If you can see the antenna when the leaves are off the trees that's not great, leaves do attenuate signal but not nearly as much as hills, it also depends on how many layers of trees are between you and the antenna.
yeah I am not happy that the tower is visible through the trees. Some people worry at 1000 feet. I am thinking 2000 feet is safer. Not really sure these towers can be completely avoided. now we have Starlink as well here. wish we could move to the countryside. this resource helps find towers and google maps has a distance feature to determine how far. AntennaSearch - Search for Cell Towers & Antennas

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals