New bloodwork, surprised.

mrsmith

I started a carnivore diet about 2 years ago, I experienced relief from joint pain, I could tolerate more time in the sun, and I didn't need my sunglasses anymore.
I lost 30 lbs but didn't want to, and I was already slim.
I had great blood work a few months after starting the carnivore diet.
I just had more bloodwork done this month and
VitD is at the low end of normal and I get daily sun.
Ferritin is super high, I don't recall ever having that tested before though.
Glucose and A1C are higher which is shocking because I wasn't consuming sugar.
I suspected a thyroid problem prior to testing because my morning temps are always around 96.3. I don't know what to make of the thyroid numbers.
I found my way here to the forum after seeing Mr. Dinkov on Paul Saladino's youtube channel. I decided to add fruit and honey to my diet, this was a week or 2 prior to the latest bloodwork.
I made an appointment to donate blood after seeing that ferritin number.

What is driving these numbers out of range?

Attachments

• bloodwork_page1.jpg
    bloodwork_page1.jpg
    416.4 KB · Views: 85
  • bloodwork_page2.jpg
    bloodwork_page2.jpg
    455.3 KB · Views: 81
  • bloodwork_page3.jpg
    bloodwork_page3.jpg
    436.5 KB · Views: 75
  • bloodwork_page4.jpg
    bloodwork_page4.jpg
    454.2 KB · Views: 72
  • bloodwork_page5.jpg
    bloodwork_page5.jpg
    476.8 KB · Views: 89

youngsinatra

I‘d get checked for hemochromatosis!

Iron overload can be a serious problem, and can mess with all organ systems.

cs3000

I started a carnivore diet about 2 years ago, I experienced relief from joint pain, I could tolerate more time in the sun, and I didn't need my sunglasses anymore.
low thyroid is connected to the lack of carbs probably. eating enough carbs helps t4 convert to t3 which lowers tsh

glucose up, could be your carb tolerance went to ***t and needs time to adapt again after the re-introduction
could be hemochromatosis but strange that your other iron markers are in range, so idk

assuming u dont have chronic infection your high ferritin & cholesterol combo points to diabetes i think (cholesterol and ferritin rise in response to inflammation) (statins which come with a bunch of problems dont treat underlying cause, underlying cause is inflammation cholesterol is responding to)

if not hemochromatosis could be the sustained release of fat tissue PUFA from losing weight constantly causing damage over time. or the low carb for so long caused insulin resistance.

&

Last edited:

chrstn4o

Forum Supporter
I had great blood work a few months after starting the carnivore diet.
I just had more bloodwork done this month and
VitD is at the low end of normal and I get daily sun.
Ferritin is super high, I don't recall ever having that tested before though.
Glucose and A1C are higher which is shocking because I wasn't consuming sugar.
I suspected a thyroid problem prior to testing because my morning temps are always around 96.3. I don't know what to make of the thyroid numbers.
I found my way here to the forum after seeing Mr. Dinkov on Paul Saladino's youtube channel. I decided to add fruit and honey to my diet, this was a week or 2 prior to the latest bloodwork.
I made an appointment to donate blood after seeing that ferritin number.

How old are you? Female?

chrstn4o

Forum Supporter
Regarding ferritin, if not hemochromatosis (which I would check for ASAP), chronic infection may be possible and liver dysfunction is also quite plausible. This is corroborated by the high GGT, which can be elevated when there is liver cell damage, biliary obstruction or stasis/insufficiency.

Of course other things could be a factor like pancreatic insufficiency or pancreatitis, so I wouldn't take risks in terms of "seeing how it goes", but would get checked with my doctor for those more serious things.

Another it could be is parasites, so a test like the GI-MAP may be warranted. In all cases, if it was me or a loved one I would recommend doing several liver flushes once a more serious diagnosis has been ruled out, as they can really help decongest the liver and biliary system.

Hope this helps.

OP
M

mrsmith

Regarding ferritin, if not hemochromatosis (which I would check for ASAP), chronic infection may be possible and liver dysfunction is also quite plausible. This is corroborated by the high GGT, which can be elevated when there is liver cell damage, biliary obstruction or stasis/insufficiency.

Of course other things could be a factor like pancreatic insufficiency or pancreatitis, so I wouldn't take risks in terms of "seeing how it goes", but would get checked with my doctor for those more serious things.

Another it could be is parasites, so a test like the GI-MAP may be warranted. In all cases, if it was me or a loved one I would recommend doing several liver flushes once a more serious diagnosis has been ruled out, as they can really help decongest the liver and biliary system.

Hope this helps.
Hi, I think the TIBC is used to diagnose hemochromatosis, which mine is in the normal range.
If I had a chronic infection wouldn't my WBC be elevated? Screenshot 2023-08-21 100052.jpg

Thanks

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals