Only Caffeine Gets Rid Of My Chronic Constipation, The Question Is WHY!

Quality

Been suffering from ever so long from chronic constipation and food sensitivity the only thing that seems to normalize my stools is coffee (which I personally avoid as I dont like its stimulating effect) and cocoa (I take 1000mg Chocamine plus daily).

Having tried several probiotics, alot gave me high histamine side effects, Ive tried L. Reuteri ATCC 6475, California Gold - http://eu.iherb.com/California-Gold-Nutrition-LactoBif-Probiotics-5-Billion-CFU-10-Veggie-Caps/64008, Life extensions florassist - Life Extension, Florassist Mood, 60 Capsules.
Allthough they did gave me some stool/digestion relief and mood beneficial (im convinced they have a powerfull effect on the brain and gut, was getting slight nausea and good mood enhancement from LEFT florassist ) they seemed to aggrivate my allergy symptoms due to histamine sensitivity/intollerance I suffer from.

So long story short, if anyone with knowledge could please explain me the mechanism of action of caffeine on stool improvement.
Any help welcome.

mujuro

Forum Supporter
I'll add my 2c, seeing as it helped me immensely.

I tried lots of probiotics and they typically made my digestion worse, especially the lactobacilli strains. Yeasts and spore probiotics made no noticeable difference. Apparently the bifidobacteria species are the dominant species in the human colon, so after a course of antibiotics at the beginning of 2015 I tried the 5 strain bifidobacteria product from Custom Probiotics. It was a game changer for my digestion. Perhaps the antibiotics played a part as well, I can't say for sure. I took it a few times, perhaps twice a month for 3 or 4 months, and have never had to take it since. My bowel movements are firm and effortless. Even after bad diarrhea or a stomach bug, my digestion returns to normal afterward.

Anyway, I hope that helps.

OP
Q

Quality

Greatly appreciate your input mujuro,

Regarding the effects ( and side effects of probiotics as they can be quite powerfull ), I've felt headache/earpain from " LEF florassist mood" starting at around 30mins after intake lasting up to an hour or 2.
Not to mention the sneezing and allergy like symptoms from L. Reuteri ATCC 6475 (Oxytocin raising one).
Even on all those different probiotics, my stools are still the best on coffee/cocoa ( guessing due to the caffeine content ). Day before I can have the hardest stools which hurt alot while going to the loo, then the day after I would lets say drink a cup of coffee around lunch or take my chocamine and the next time I go to the bathroom my stools are perfect.
Did forgot to mention that I'm diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome, and its quite common different forms of autism/autism spectrum disorders/high functioning autism to have gut/stool problems.

charmer

I think it is irritating to the small intestine as I run to the bathroom just after a few sips, can't even finish drinking the cup. The effect is even stronger if I drink magnesium citrate, overall magnesium takes at least a few hours to start working, and usually about 8.

OP
Q

Quality

I think it is irritating to the small intestine as I run to the bathroom just after a few sips, can't even finish drinking the cup. The effect is even stronger if I drink magnesium citrate, overall magnesium takes at least a few hours to start working, and usually about 8.
I can take up to 2gram magnesium at once, no stomach problems whatsoever. In fact I cant even remember when I had diarrea last time.
Also its not due to my fiber intake, as ive tried a very very low fiber diet, still constipation.

During alcohol hangover my constipation also disappears and I feel mentally like the best version of myself.
It seems that caffeine temporarily resets my gut flora to a good baseline.

L

lollipop

I'll add my 2c, seeing as it helped me immensely.

I tried lots of probiotics and they typically made my digestion worse, especially the lactobacilli strains. Yeasts and spore probiotics made no noticeable difference. Apparently the bifidobacteria species are the dominant species in the human colon, so after a course of antibiotics at the beginning of 2015 I tried the 5 strain bifidobacteria product from Custom Probiotics. It was a game changer for my digestion. Perhaps the antibiotics played a part as well, I can't say for sure. I took it a few times, perhaps twice a month for 3 or 4 months, and have never had to take it since. My bowel movements are firm and effortless. Even after bad diarrhea or a stomach bug, my digestion returns to normal afterward.

Anyway, I hope that helps.
I agree with @mujuro - powerful, powerful substance. Made a HUGE difference in my gut. Only needed a few doses.

Xisca

diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome, and its quite common different forms of autism/autism spectrum disorders/high functioning autism to have gut/stool problems.
Yes, because the vagus nerve is the main parasympathic nerve for organs work.
When it is not activated enough, then digestion is slow.
And all spectrum of autism affect one part of the vagus nerve, which is the one that facilitate social engagement.
Look for Steven Porges and the polyvagal theory.

So my best explanation about the effect of coffee is that it has an effect through the nervous system, and not by irritating, which is good news I think. But I cannot explain the physiology of this effect.

OP
Q

Quality

And all spectrum of autism affect one part of the vagus nerve, which is the one that facilitate social engagement.

So my best explanation about the effect of coffee is that it has an effect through the nervous system, and not by irritating, which is good news I think. But I cannot explain the physiology of this effect.
Thank you for your reply Xisca, the problem is I cannot handle coffee emotionally, freshly in love so to speak and a common misconception about Aspergers Syndrome in the past has been "lack of emotions" which is so false - Theory finds that individuals with Asperger’s Syndrome don’t lack empathy – in fact if anything they empathize too much (plus personal experience) .
I've always been the first to cry at movies, even before women... also in reallife situations.
The odd thing is my prolactin seems to be very low in blood tests, yet men with high prolactin is associated with crying... its odd
Im trying to avoid anything that stimulates dopamine too much such as coffee to dampen the emotional responses, as the craving for my beloved ones overwhelm me too much including insomnia.

InChristAlone

The five strain bifidobacteria from custom probiotics is $130!!!! There are like a million probiotics supps out there... it is hard to make that kind of financial decision!

MAGNESIUM CITRATE IS DANGEROUS FOR YOUR HEALTH

AND EVEN RAY PEAT DIDNT RECOMENDED IT AT ALL
AND HE SAID ABOUT IT
ITS DANGEROUS

AND HE ADVISED THAT WE TAKE IT FROM FOOD ITS ALO ALOT BETTER

OP
Q

Quality

Thank you for your response and yes I've read alot about vagus nerve activation and the gut-brain axis, I do truely believe they both are on, without sounding too spiritual, you are what you eat literally you become one with you digest.
Seems like the vagus nerve is a major "housekeeper" if you get what I mean.
Food being a MAJOR underrecognized part of it ( food = survival ), modern unlimited resources makes people lazy, LITERALLY, modern jobs are a form of "hunting" so to speak.
Yet the thrill of not knowing if you come back alive at the end of the day as in fighting wild beasts is gone, we have became now both LAZY AND TAME, offsetting our own motivational brain chemicals, the motivation go out and get food becomes... knowing you will wake up the next day and go to work at your office or whatsoever.
Think about humans thousands of years ago, little has changed genetic wise, yet the our revolution mankind has gone through has been at ever increasing speed, not allowing our genetics and wild innerselves to keep up.
Forced adaptation to meet modern society (including its stress of inhibitions) have surprissed our inner beasts and is taking its toll.
For those of you interested in my weirdness, welcome to my world :)

jyb

Been suffering from ever so long from chronic constipation and food sensitivity the only thing that seems to normalize my stools is coffee (which I personally avoid as I dont like its stimulating effect) and cocoa (I take 1000mg Chocamine plus daily).

This is not surprising, both coffee and cocoa can have mild laxative effects. These are not the only things that can have this effect, but as far as common food stuff, these are probably the main two. I notice the effects when I drink those, but not everyone experiences this.

If I were to take a wild guess from my own experience, I would speculate the effect is due to effects on the nervous system possibly dopamine. I can feel the same effect with other dopamine enhancing food or lifestyle habits. The effect is very mild and short lasting.

OP
Q

Quality

This is not surprising, both coffee and cocoa can have mild laxative effects. These are not the only things that can have this effect, but as far as common food stuff, these are probably the main two. I notice the effects when I drink those, but not everyone experiences this.
I know that, but no matter how much caffeine I seem to have consumed in the past daily, up to 400mg/day before I kinda rehabbed off it so to speak, literally NEVER have diarrea, not thatI want diarrea dont get me wrong.
I get about 80mg caffeine/day now at around 10am through my Chocamine plus supplement, any more than that and ill be awake till 4-5am begging my new girl to give it one more go even when she has to work the next day.

L

lollipop

@Makrosky
"Hey lisa...what substance are you referring to?

Cheers"

This one @Janelle525 is referring to!

The five strain bifidobacteria from custom probiotics is $130!!!! There are like a million probiotics supps out there... it is hard to make that kind of financial decision!
I know. This discouraged me at first. Then I researched them and saw they are simply the bomb for quality. I think it was @Peata who mentioned it on one thread - having such good results with it. I could be wrong Peata forgive if I am wrong. Anyway, I bit the bullet and seriously got stunning results in days. I only needed a few doses. Rather than waste the bottle, I gave to my mom and she also experienced great results.

jyb

I know that, but no matter how much caffeine I seem to have consumed in the past daily, up to 400mg/day before I kinda rehabbed off it so to speak, literally NEVER have diarrea, not thatI want diarrea dont get me wrong.

I would never expect that either. I do not experience loose stools from those, only short term movement in bowels. This should be enough to unblock stools if you were constipated.

PeatThemAll

Probably gets the OP going because of a mix of 1) coffee's so-called "neurotoxin" (blame DurianRider for this one haha) so the body wants to get it, and the rest, out ASAP, 2) coffee acts as an antagonist to too much opioïd activity (opioids slowing/stalling the gut). :2cents:

InChristAlone

Did you get die off @lisaferraro ?? It is why I haven't tried any probiotics in years as I was scared of the side effects.

OP
Q

Quality

Probiotics to boost Neurotransmitters - In the media

This might be of interest to some people wanting to try certain probiotics for improved stool, they have a pretty strong affect on the mind aswell.
The usual recommendation of an average doctor "just take some probiotics" is dangerous to be honest.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom