Optimal Fracture Healing Advice

Mori68

I'd be very grateful for everyone's advice on optimising healing following a fracture and subsequent surgery.

I've sustained a Lisfranc injury to my left foot. Basically, I've fractures several metatarsals and caused some ligamentous damage. I'm due surgery next week, to internally fix the fractures with some (temporary?) metalwork.

I'll be non-weight bearing on crutches for around six to eight weeks.

It's a slow recovery. Could be six months before I can fully walk on it.

I'm trying to be zen about it all, but the foot is painful at night especially, and I'm not sleeping well. Feeling a bit hacked off.

Any advice would be great!

PS I fell down two steps awkwardly. Mind how you go.

OP
M

Mori68

Self-interested bump.

Pretty please.

I'm applying Vit D3, A and E topically. Red and infra-red light from @RedLightMan, and upping my calcium intake.

Any other ideas? Thanks in advance.

honeybee

This is non peaty but has a very long history of human use. The herb comfrey , or knitbone, can speed healing of bone fractures . Google it there s lots of anecdotal stories. Good luck.

And red light is very helpful. If you can sit under it for hours that would help a lot. And if you have a handheld smaller device to apply to injury - but it's probably casted, yes? If you sit under it for hours may increase appetite. That has been my experience.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom