Preventing miscarriage advice

Nfinkelstein

"After the drug companies began, in the late 1950s, marketing some newly discovered (thiazide) diuretics, which cause sodium to be lost in the urine, their advertising campaigns created a cultish belief that salt caused hypertension. They convinced a whole generation of physicians that pregnant women should limit salt in their diet, take a diuretic preventively, and restrict calories to prevent "excessive" weight gain. Millions of women and their babies were harmed by that cult...
The danger of salt restriction in pregnancy has hardly been recognized by most physicians, and its danger in analogous physiological situations is much farther from their consideration." RP

Gustav3Y

Yes I strongly agree with this - interestingly enough the studies I was looking at seemed to increase Progesterone blood serum in male fetusus only - in the female fetus it slightly decreased Progesterone Blood Serum interestingly enough - the study was posted in the thread asking if the sex of a baby is really 50/50 at conception

I know for sure two persons who were on the prescribed synthetic progesterone (can't recall the name unfortunately) one had a boy, the other person had twins, a boy and a girl. The first person had a miscarriage before, the second person did not.
That's anecdotal but well, it's something.

Beastmode

Yes I strongly agree with this - interestingly enough the studies I was looking at seemed to increase Progesterone blood serum in male fetusus only - in the female fetus it slightly decreased Progesterone Blood Serum interestingly enough - the study was posted in the thread asking if the sex of a baby is really 50/50 at conception
Does the female fetus store the progesterone differently than the males (i.e- in the tissues more than the serum?)

We have a daughter, 4 year old now, and mommy supplemented progest-e quite a bit. That progest-e went somewhere as she's a smart little queen....and "hard headed" :).

Stifler

Does the female fetus store the progesterone differently than the males (i.e- in the tissues more than the serum?)

We have a daughter, 4 year old now, and mommy supplemented progest-e quite a bit. That progest-e went somewhere as she's a smart little queen....and "hard headed" :).
That's what I'm thinking - got to be right ? all that Progesterone has to go somewhere

Gustav3Y

That's what I'm thinking - got to be right ? all that Progesterone has to go somewhere
It can go out by excretion, only saying.

I would be careful with huge amounts of progesterone, there is CAH which can virilize girls from early age by opposing cortisol production, but naturally that happens due to over production of hydroxyprogesterone (OHP).
This is also prescribed for reduction of premature birth or so called pregnancy preserving needs.
But doctors just use the term "progesterone" for pretty much anything in that class, that is why some might say they never heard of hydroxyprogesterone and actually sold under lots of brands.

belcanto

i do plan on taking progesterone when pregnant and low dose aspirin
Hello Tseri12, if you want more success in getting pregnant, start taking Ray's progesterone drops (or Haidut's) while you're trying! I lent Ray's book, "Nutrition for Women" to my gym trainer who had had a miscarriage. She started with progesterone and had a healthy pregnancy and a beautiful baby. Best of success to you!

Beastmode

It can go out by excretion, only saying.

I would be careful with huge amounts of progesterone, there is CAH which can virilize girls from early age by opposing cortisol production, but naturally that happens due to over production of hydroxyprogesterone (OHP).
This is also prescribed for reduction of premature birth or so called pregnancy preserving needs.
But doctors just use the term "progesterone" for pretty much anything in that class, that is why some might say they never heard of hydroxyprogesterone and actually sold under lots of brands.

It's unfortunate what women are told to put in their bodies when told it might help them maintain a pregnancy.

We tried ideal labs for a bit when my wife couldn't stand it orally, taste wise. However, the the progest-e vaginally, and eventually at "high" doses, really helped her.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals