Progesterone, Pregnenolone, DHEA, and D-Aspartic acid Protocol to Reverse Pubertal Gynecomastia

HillVrily

Hello,

I am a 21 year old male who has had gynecomastia since about the age of 14. I have devoted myself to fitness over the past 7 years in order to build muscle/lose fat in order for the gyno to be less noticeable. I not just have large and puffy nipples, which are not sensitive or sore. I have previously tried raloxifene, with little/no success, and debating whether to try cutting out dairy from my diet.

I recently came across this article detailing the use Progesterone, Pregnenolone, DHEA, and D-Aspartic acid to reverse gyno by raising test levels and lowering estrogen. I was wondering what peoples thoughts were on this approach, and if they have tried anything similar. The article detailed a protocol of:

1. Topical progesterone – 60 mg a day;
  2. Pregnenolone (progesterone’s precursor) – 100 mg capsules every other day;
  3. DHEA – 25 mg pill once a week,
  4. D-Aspartic acid – between 1,500 and 2,000 mg per day (usually comes in a capsule of 500mg or 750 mg).

Additionally, I was curios about whether this would be a viable approach for someone my age and if this would be something that I would have to cycle off to not have hormones rebound and the gyno to worsen, or is this something I would have to continue indefently?

Greatly appreciate any advice or insights.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
I am 42 (I think) and have had gynecomastia since I was around 13 or so.

I also have tried many things and nothing seemed to work. Weight loss definitely reduced the severity.

I have tried topical progesterone and it seemed to have helped perhaps 5%.

It's an interesting stack you have up there.

Androsterone is the only thing that seemed to have put a dent in my chest. I used about 5-10 drops daily for about a week and the volume of the breasts has come down significantly. I still have gyno but I notice it a lot less post andro. I will try again another time. Too busy now.

mostlylurking

1. Pregnenolone (progesterone’s precursor) – 100 mg capsules every other day;
  2. DHEA – 25 mg pill once a week,
Too much DHEA will convert to estrogen. Just taking pregnenolone should optimize you DHEA level. Ray Peat has said it's a safer way to optimize DHEA than taking DHEA itself.

Have you cut ALL polyunsaturated fats out of your diet? They are estrogenic.

JohnHafterson

I am 42 (I think) and have had gynecomastia since I was around 13 or so.

I also have tried many things and nothing seemed to work. Weight loss definitely reduced the severity.

I have tried topical progesterone and it seemed to have helped perhaps 5%.

It's an interesting stack you have up there.

Androsterone is the only thing that seemed to have put a dent in my chest. I used about 5-10 drops daily for about a week and the volume of the breasts has come down significantly. I still have gyno but I notice it a lot less post andro. I will try again another time. Too busy now.
Androsterone - topical or oral?

OP
H

HillVrily

Too much DHEA will convert to estrogen. Just taking pregnenolone should optimize you DHEA level. Ray Peat has said it's a safer way to optimize DHEA than taking DHEA itself.

Have you cut ALL polyunsaturated fats out of your diet? They are estrogenic.
Wouldn't the D-Aspartic acid prevent the DHEA from converting to estrogen ?

mostlylurking

Wouldn't the D-Aspartic acid prevent the DHEA from converting to estrogen ?
I have no idea. I'm simply reporting what Ray Peat has advised. If you search for "D-Aspartic acid and aromatase" interesting articles pop up. Aromatase increases estrogen.
and
"D-Aspartic Acid is all the rage right now in sports supplements. it has the potential to boost testosterone via multiple pathways, but there is a hidden danger that ALL people need to know about when using this popular bodybuilding product. That danger is from increased estrogen production via aromatase."

OP
H

HillVrily

I have no idea. I'm simply reporting what Ray Peat has advised. If you search for "D-Aspartic acid and aromatase" interesting articles pop up. Aromatase increases estrogen.
and
"D-Aspartic Acid is all the rage right now in sports supplements. it has the potential to boost testosterone via multiple pathways, but there is a hidden danger that ALL people need to know about when using this popular bodybuilding product. That danger is from increased estrogen production via aromatase."
Interesting

Greatly appreciate the reply and sources

A.R

Hello,

I am a 21 year old male who has had gynecomastia since about the age of 14. I have devoted myself to fitness over the past 7 years in order to build muscle/lose fat in order for the gyno to be less noticeable. I not just have large and puffy nipples, which are not sensitive or sore. I have previously tried raloxifene, with little/no success, and debating whether to try cutting out dairy from my diet.

I recently came across this article detailing the use Progesterone, Pregnenolone, DHEA, and D-Aspartic acid to reverse gyno by raising test levels and lowering estrogen. I was wondering what peoples thoughts were on this approach, and if they have tried anything similar. The article detailed a protocol of:

1. Topical progesterone – 60 mg a day;
  2. Pregnenolone (progesterone’s precursor) – 100 mg capsules every other day;
  3. DHEA – 25 mg pill once a week,
  4. D-Aspartic acid – between 1,500 and 2,000 mg per day (usually comes in a capsule of 500mg or 750 mg).

Additionally, I was curios about whether this would be a viable approach for someone my age and if this would be something that I would have to cycle off to not have hormones rebound and the gyno to worsen, or is this something I would have to continue indefently?

Greatly appreciate any advice or insights.
Did you decide to go ahead with this stack, if so, how did you get on?
Topical, 10 drops on chest. Smells heavenly but I am trying to use it in short phases only.
That’s great you got such positive effects.

Did you get any negative effects such as decrease in testicle size/ and weird reactions from people due to the pheromone effects?

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Did you decide to go ahead with this stack, if so, how did you get on?

That’s great you got such positive effects.

Did you get any negative effects such as decrease in testicle size/ and weird reactions from people due to the pheromone effects?
I don't think so... but it seems that after I use and stop it, I get random muscle twitching for a few days. I am still testing if it's the main trigger for twitching (seems like detox twitch).

A.R

I don't think so... but it seems that after I use and stop it, I get random muscle twitching for a few days. I am still testing if it's the main trigger for twitching (seems like detox twitch).
Have you still got the positive effects for your gyno? Could be that it raised serotonin ime. Have you had a read through the whole of Androsterone thread? Some people have reported symptoms similar to yours. You used quite a high dose at 10 drops.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Have you still got the positive effects for your gyno? Could be that it raised serotonin ime. Have you had a read through the whole of Androsterone thread? Some people have reported symptoms similar to yours. You used quite a high dose at 10 drops.
Interesting. I have read the andro thread but don't remember similar symptoms. It seems like the improved gyno lasts for about a month or so after few days of application. I haven't paid enough attention to see if it negatively affects my IBS.

A.R

Interesting. I have read the andro thread but don't remember similar symptoms. It seems like the improved gyno lasts for about a month or so after few days of application. I haven't paid enough attention to see if it negatively affects my IBS.
Ok so the positive gyno effects only last for a month?

I’m surprised you never got any shutdown from that dose.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Ok so the positive gyno effects only last for a month?

I’m surprised you never got any shutdown from that dose.
Yes, or perhaps a bit longer it seems. I just am hesitant to reapply it due to fear of the crazy twitching that seems to be exacerbated when I start and stop it.

As far as libido, no effects - just a more pleasant outlook on the world and a sense of heightened masculinity. With 10 drops on chest, I don't think too much is absorbed to cause any shutdowns.

A.R

Yes, or perhaps a bit longer it seems. I just am hesitant to reapply it due to fear of the crazy twitching that seems to be exacerbated when I start and stop it.

As far as libido, no effects - just a more pleasant outlook on the world and a sense of heightened masculinity. With 10 drops on chest, I don't think too much is absorbed to cause any shutdowns.
You could try low dose Taurine/Glycine combo to help with the twitches.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
You could try low dose Taurine/Glycine combo to help with the twitches.
Oh man - can of worms - there isn't anything I haven't tried...
But currently do take glycine and taurine daily.
Carrots, oatmeal, and other high fiber foods seem to also trigger them.
Perhaps they are irritating the gut to trigger serotonin synthesis.
I am not sure by what mechanism androsterone might do that though to produce twitches or increase serotonin.

A.R

Oh man - can of worms - there isn't anything I haven't tried...
But currently do take glycine and taurine daily.
Carrots, oatmeal, and other high fiber foods seem to also trigger them.
Perhaps they are irritating the gut to trigger serotonin synthesis.
I am not sure by what mechanism androsterone might do that though to produce twitches or increase serotonin.
Ok that’s interesting. Do you also take vitamin k(mk4)?

I’m personally not surprised you get this bad effect from androsterone. I’ve had bad effects from much lower dose.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Ok that’s interesting. Do you also take vitamin k(mk4)?

I’m personally not surprised you get this bad effect from androsterone. I’ve had bad effects from much lower dose.
I do take K2 yes.
In general I'd say it's pleasant effects till I stop it and the twitches strike.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals