RBTI - Reams - mineral deficiency

tara

Hi,
I'm starting this thread to record thoughts about RBTI, which bits of it seem compatible/incompatible with Peat's ideas, and which may be useful, based on my shallow beginner's understanding of both. Apparently there are others out there (hi Jennifer :) ) who know a lot more about it than I do. Please add your thoughts (and corrections if I am msisrepresenting RBTI).

Carey Reams was a chemist, a mathematician, and an agricultural expert. He analysed lots of vegetables to find out what was in them. He was very good at figuring out what to add to soils to grow healthy, high-brix* crops and healthy well-nourished animals.

He eventually applied himself to helping restore humans' health by measuring a bunch of parameters, and prescribing individual diets to bring them back towards optimum values. He saw minerally impoverished soils as a major contributor to human ill health (along with some unsuitable eating habits). As a general guideline, he encouraged people to eat as wide a variety of of fruits and vegetables as possible to help ensure they were getting all the minerals they needed (barring specific counter-indications depending on the numbers).

He did many measurements in the beginning, and eventually settled on 7 key parameters that were non-invasive to measure, and sufficient to see what was going on and guide towards what was needed. The 7 parameters were:
Urine brix (1.5), pH (6.4); conductivity (7 -forgotten the units); a couple of nitrogenous substances - representing protein available for building and protein on it's way out; and insoluble suspended particles; saliva pH (6.4).
When we are unwell, these numbers move away from optimum homeostasis, and make it hard for the body to use the nutrients in food to repair and replace cells. If you eat an appropriate diet, you can bring these numbers gradually closer to optimum, and restore health.

The idea of optimising these parameters, which tell something about the environment the cells are trying to maintain themselves in, makes sense to me.

Ideas apparently compatible with Peat's ideas
Mineral deficiencies are important. Especially Calcium.
Optimise intercellular environment for cellular repair.
Aim to get nutrition from nutricious food.
Grow and eat high-brix mineral-dense vegetables.
Drink little and often, not too much, not too little.
If you have a tendency to blood sugars plummeting, keep them stable by drinking a little juice every hour.
Measure individual's state, and design individual diet. Likely to change, so remeasure and adapt.
If you are a long way off optimum homeostasis, it is hard to absorb and use some minerals.
Eat most protein early in the day.
Spend at least a couple of hours outside each day.
Walking is good exercise. Do some every day.
Not too much bread.
Tended to favour sweet fruit and veges over high starch ones?
Eat (and drink) to maintain stable blood sugars, and your weight will go up or down to where it should be (where your genes prescribe, not always where you want it to be).

Reams' ideas incompatible with Peat's:
Avoid liver (I think?),
  • Avoid shell fish (not kosher - he claimed it threw the numbers off for days after, something to do with a lot of phosphate being released ina hurry at some stage of digestion/assimilation).
  • Avoid refined sucrose; use molasses and a variety of other sweeteners
  • Not too many potatoes.
  • Don't feed meat to kids.
  • Favour corn oil for cooking over saturated fats.
  • A little weak coffe is good, but not lots of strong stuff.
  • Grain-based breakfast is good for many people.
  • Eat salad before meals.
  • Drink fresh green juice for the chlorophyl before meals.
  • Follow your prescribed diet and drinking regimen; don't trust your own tastes; let your advisor adjust the prescription if it's not working (not sure how accurate this is - may only have applied to people in serious trouble).
  • Be careful with salts
  • Follow kosher food rules

Reams seemed to have a record of helping very many people restore their health after the US medical system had nothing to offer them. He was hounded by the AMA for practicing medicine. He said he was not making diagnoses (diagnoses are guesses - the numbers were acurate analyses), and was only recommending diet (not prescribing drugs), so he wasn't practicing medicine. He was not aiming at immortality for anyone, but aimed to overcome serious disease, including diabetes, risks of sudden unexpected heart attacks, and a myriad other conditions.

His theories seem very complicated to learn, and the language Reams used to describe his theories is not aligned with current common scientific descriptions of biochemistry. He described biology/biochemistry in terms of frequencies, which is probably quite a valid to describe things, but it's not the way things are usually described. It was hard for me to get a grip on how his descriptions aligned with other science. Maybe it would be easier with more chemistry and maths background.

His students developed an ability to see patterns in the numbers.
But even experienced followers of Ream's seem to have differing views in some cases about how to treat particular situations, and while they seem to be helpful to many, there also seem to be some whose situation worsened with inappropriate advice.

I suspect he was really brilliant. Whole there seem to be some experience people around who have learned a lot from his methods, I didn't get the impression that anyone fully understood his theories, or is further developing them or verifying them using the usual scientific method. I could be wrong bout htis - I didn't take it all that far.

Personally, I tried to learn and apply some of the methods to my own situation, but never did it fully because I couldn't figure out how to get the reagents for a couple of the tests here. And they were a bit daunting. Couldn't find anyone in cooee here who was doing it. However, I did get a refractomer, a pH meter and strips, and a conductivity meter. I tested many times for the these measures, and used calcium supplements to bring pH from a bit too acid closer to optimal range. I measured urine pH about a month ago, figuring it would be good to check that the calcium I've been supplementing hasn't pushed me into the alkaline. I was happy with it being slightly acid - 6.8ish I think. For anyone concerned about milk-alkali syndrome, I think this would be a useful test. Does that make sense to others?

*Brix values tell you something about how much sugar and minerals are in the juice of a plant. The higher the brix for a particular plant type, the more nutrition it contains. If the minerals are not in the soil, they won't be in the plants.

Jennifer

Good job describing Carey A. Reams and RBTI, tara! :)

tara said:
His students developed an ability to see patterns in the numbers. But even experienced followers of Ream's seem to have differing views in some cases about how to treat particular situations, and while they seem to be helpful to many, there also seem to be some whose situation worsened with inappropriate advice.

There really are differing views and as you said, RBTI is quite complicated so I got the help of a really knowledgable practitioner, Su Aberle. Su studied and trained personally under Carey Reams "Doc" and Dr. Joseph Manthei in Pennsylvania, from 1979-1986. During those years she received RBTI Retreat training from Reams and Dr. Manthei. She's a biochemist, registered nurse of 35+ years and a board certified enzyme replacement therapist and without her help, I'm sure I would have been lost.

Some of the things she did differently from Reams is she didn't recommend corn oil, only butter, coconut oil and olive oil. If I remember correctly, Reams was a Seventh Day Adventist and tended to promote a more low-fat vegetarian based diet. Su recommended meat if numbers indicated a need for it and also liver (thinks it's nutritious), stipulating that they should be from grass-fed pastured raised animals. The fact that she studied enzyme therapy helped because she could do tests that Reams wasn't doing while he was alive. Tests that measure more accurately how a person digests fats, proteins and sugars/starches. Whereas, Reams would have to wait to see a change in the patient's numbers to know if a food didn't fit well for their chemistry.

I have to say out of any practitioner I had ever seen (even the Gynecologists) Su was the only one to tell me that I needed to get off estrogen as it would break down my bones further and she put me on natural progesterone. She had an unbelievably good track record of reversing osteoporosis in patients. I had already stopped taking the bio-identical estrogen Dr. Shanahan had me on (I didn't tell her) because of an incident were I was ready to commit suicide and knew it was stemming from the estrogen. She was also the first practitioner to have me do a full thyroid panel and helped me understand it. She also had me eating lots of fruit and tons of dairy. Another similar thing to Ray is Su focused a lot on the negative effects of stress whether from environmental, physical or mental. She's a devout Christian and believes in what she calls "spiritual roots of disease" and though I myself am not religious, what she told me was something I hadn't ever thought of before...that my thoughts really do affect my health on a biological level. After that, I've been trying hard to change my inner dialogue. I use to be REALLY hard on myself expecting perfection that I could never live up to.

So much has changed since Reams was alive and I think that's why we see varied applications of RBTI. As new information becomes available, RBTI practitioners adjust, but they still refer back to that basic formula Reams developed.

For me, a standout with RBTI is the emphasis on high Brix foods. I joined a high Brix gardening yahoo group because I would love to eventually start growing fruit trees, melons ect. and that group has a lot of knowledgable gardeners and agriculturalists.

Oh and like you, I was instructed to keep my urine pH around 6.8 to get me in the "healing range" and I noticed my digestion was really good at that number. Any higher and my digestion slowed down big time! I ended up stopping with RBTI because we just weren't getting my numbers to budge and at that point I knew I was never going to get better till I put a good amount of weight on and that took some massive refeeding (based on the Minnesota Starvation Experiment).

OP
T

tara

Fantastic. Su Aberle sounds brilliant - sounds like she does a good job of incorporating additional information. It's very good reading your recovery story, with this and other things. Sounds like refeeding worked well for you. I had read about Su's outfit. If I was nearby, I might have gone for her help.

In my kind-of attempts, one of the things that surprised my most was that if I really did eat a solid breakfast and lunch before 1pm, I could get through the afternoon without snacking and sleep through the night on a light dinner and a very light supper. I was sleeping better then than I am now.

The drinking little and often idea was helpful to me too - I carried bottles of distilled water round with me everywhere for months. Now I carry OJ and sometimes coffee milk, and drink soup, and occasionally other juices, green tea, cocoa, and seldom drink any straight water. Not sure what to do with Ream's idea that we need some pure water to carry things around well.

I tried the lemon water too, though I think that would have been proscribed without full testing. Sometimes it seemed too strong for me - stirred up bad reactions.

I moved on for a few main reasons. I figured I couldn't do it properly or get consultant help if I couldn't test all the numbers. Too often I couldn't get enough food into me before 13:00. And I lost weight faster than I wanted - when my ribs started showing again I wanted to eat more. And learning was hard - I got a book and started working my way through it, and I could see how it could make sense, but couldn't keep it all in my head. And a variety of high brix fruit and veges were not in easy supply.

OP
T

tara

Hi Jennifer,
Nosey questions if you want to answer. Have you been monitoring RBTI numbers as you recover by other means? Now that you have made such progress with your recovery, do the RBTI numbers reflect that? If you were monitoring this, did you have to push your brix/sugar numbers up higher than the RBTI optimum to get in enough calories to repair? Did any other numbers go way out of line on the way?

Jennifer

tara said:
Fantastic. Su Aberle sounds brilliant - sounds like she does a good job of incorporating additional information. It's very good reading your recovery story, with this and other things. Sounds like refeeding worked well for you. I had read about Su's outfit. If I was nearby, I might have gone for her help.

Yes, she's wonderful! I was actually contacted by a lovely woman on the RBTI Yahoo group I had joined. She sent me a PM because she read about my bone issue and she told me about Su. This woman had also suffered from osteoporosis and Su had helped her immensely.

So yeah, I definitely feel like there are angels in the outfield looking out for me. :) I recently heard from that woman again. I hadn't heard from her in over two years. She was looking for help for a woman who was having major hormonal problems and she thought I was still under Su's care and wanted to know if I could help her. And of course, it just so happened that I had been delving into Ray's work, using progest-e, NDT ect. and I passed along all the information I had gathered over the last two years. Funny how things come full circle.

tara said:
In my kind-of attempts, one of the things that surprised my most was that if I really did eat a solid breakfast and lunch before 1pm, I could get through the afternoon without snacking and sleep through the night on a light dinner and a very light supper. I was sleeping better then than I am now.

Hmm...so maybe you do better with a more RBTI eating schedule? So eat more Ray recommended foods while following the RBTI eating schedule? I was never able to overcome my crashing sugars until I refed. While doing RBTI, I would wake up constantly from very vivid nightmares. That's how I first learned about stress hormones causing me to wake up several times a night and I learned to keep something sweet like raisins, by my bedside.

tara said:
The drinking little and often idea was helpful to me too - I carried bottles of distilled water round with me everywhere for months. Now I carry OJ and sometimes coffee milk, and drink soup, and occasionally other juices, green tea, cocoa, and seldom drink any straight water. Not sure what to do with Ream's idea that we need some pure water to carry things around well.

I tried the lemon water too, though I think that would have been proscribed without full testing. Sometimes it seemed too strong for me - stirred up bad reactions.

Oh yes, the distilled water. I remember the backs of my heals ballooning up/swelling and were incredibly painful to the point that I couldn't bear weight on them without having to limp. That went on for almost a year and I was stuck wearing flip flops even in the dead of winter. Su said the back of the heal is related to the ovaries. I ended up stopping the d. water and the swollen heals went away. I won't touch the stuff ever again.

With Su, she was adamantly against the use of the lemon water regimen unless in a retreat setting where a person could be supervised. She had seen so many people do more harm with taking the lemon water without being looked after. I remember a lot of people on the RBTI Facebook group Matt Stone and Pippa started were having major problems with the lemon water. Scary to think lemons can be that powerful.

tara said:
I moved on for a few main reasons. I figured I couldn't do it properly or get consultant help if I couldn't test all the numbers. Too often I couldn't get enough food into me before 13:00. And I lost weight faster than I wanted - when my ribs started again I wanted to eat more. And learning was hard - I got a book and started working my way through it, and I could see how it could make sense, but couldn't keep it all in my head. And a variety of high brix fruit and veges were not in easy supply.

Yeah, it definitely is tough without the help of someone schooled in RBTI, that's for sure! That's why I'm thankful I had Su's help. I have to laugh. I was reminded of when I did my first 24 hour urine sample that Promise requires all their new patients do. I had to gather all my urine from a 24 hour period and collect it in a gallon milk jug. Well, the week I started working with Su we had ice storms and massive power outages across the state and were left without power for a week in the dead of winter. Because I had started with Su, I had to do my urine test so I'm outside in the snow wearing nothing but a t-shirt and my boots peeing in a gallon milk jug. I learned guys aren't the only ones with good aim. ;)

And I agree with the issue of not easily finding high Brix fruits and veggies. Su wanted me to test the produce before I bought it. I can just imagine the strange looks I'd get if I whipped out my refractometer in the grocery store and started checking the fruit's Brix. I'm use to marching to a different beat, but umm...no! That one is not happening! A girl can only take so many weird looks.

And no I haven't checked all my numbers yet. Just my urine pH and Brix and saliva pH. I was actually thinking about doing it after I finish healing up my gut. I figured with a messed up gut, my numbers would be all over the place. I can tell though that my urea levels are probably much better. They had been dangerously low to the point that Su had me get an MRI because she was concerned with me possibly having a brain tumor. She said that she sees low urea levels in scientists, computer engineers and even moms due to heavy use of the brain, but she had never seen as low a number as mine. She kept telling me I needed to stop researching and thinking so much. That I needed to rest more. I finally took her advice this past year. Better late than never!

OP
T

tara

Been reading comments about vitamin D and vitamin C on Peaty threads, and to help me not clutter those threads with non-Peaty RBTI thoughts, I'm putting them here.

As I understood Reams, he said that if your system is too alkaline (as measured by UpH), you will have difficulty retaining and using vitamin D, and there is no point in supplementing it. For people running alkaline, he suggested vit-C supplements.

Conversely, if you are running on too acid (UpH < 6.4? 6.2?) your body will not be able to retain and use vitamin C, and supplementing it is likely to have detrimental effects by pushing your system in a more acid direction. He considered vit-C very important. In this situation, if you need vit-C but can't helpfully supplement it, he recommended stewed onion broth, and said it had a similar effect in the body. But the more acid you are, the more supplementary vit-D you can make good use of.

Sometimes he would give people with acid pH enough alkalising calcium supplements to bring them up to or over the top of the optimal pH range (6.2-6.8), so he could also prescribe them vit-C supplements (and/or more vit-C containing fruits) as well. For fighting cancer, he considered the more alkaline end of this range to be safer.

Intuitively, it wouldn't surprise me if he was onto something with this, since he seemed to get a few other things right. If so, this might be part of why people get different effects from these supplements. In the absence of better information to determine when vit-C or vit-D supplements might be helpful, I'd be inclined to consider this as good a guide as any I've come across so far.

OP
T

tara

The easiest way to check pH is to buy a roll of pH test strip. You tear off an inch, immerse very briefly in pee, and compare the colour with the associated chart.

OP
T

tara

Both C and D are necessary for good health and tissue repair and build, but if you are struggling with tissue repair and building, which supplement will help might depend on current pH state.

Anything to add or amend on this Jennifer? :)

Jennifer

Thanks for sharing, tara. That was an excellent summary.

I was always way too alkaline (UpH of 8+) and was advised not to touch vitamin D. Instead I was consuming onion soup daily. Reams found onions to be one of the most bioavailable sources of vitamin C. I cooked the soup at a very low simmer as to not destroy their vitamin C content.

Hmm...I should of told Mr. Charlie about this. He's been having an issue with gum inflammation and for some reason, I've noticed vitamin C always stopped my gums from bleeding. I wonder if onion soup might help him?

Anyhow, the great thing about Reams is he actually tested hundreds of foods in his own lab, which is something that Ray hasn't been able to do due to laws, but has said that he's wanted to test fruit for their keto acid content. Here's the a quote:

"Yes, but since there isn't much known about their ketoacid content, it would be best to have a wide variety of fruits.
A couple of times in the last ten years I've started a project to test some fruits, but because of the new laws since 2001, I haven't able to buy the necessary reagents. It would have to be done in some government approved institution." Ray Peat

As a side note: Reams found the tropical fruits mango, pineapple, papaya and coconut to be rich sources of calcium phosphate. I've often wondered is this is "part" of the reason why Pacific Islanders in Weston A. Prices day had beautiful teeth and dental arches.

The RBTI practitioner I was a patient of had written in one of her books that when she worked at one of Reams retreats, there was a women who did missionary work in the pacific islands and the woman told her that the children use to climb trees day and evening to get coconut and when asked, the natives said the coconuts were a reason for their strong teeth. I thought that was interesting.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Jennifer said:
I was always way too alkaline (UpH of 8+) and was advised not to touch vitamin D. Instead I was consuming onion soup daily. Reams found onions to be one of the most bioavailable sources of vitamin C. I cooked the soup at a very low simmer as to not destroy their vitamin C content.

Hmm...I should of told Mr. Charlie about this. He's been having an issue with gum inflammation and for some reason, I've noticed vitamin C always stopped my gums from bleeding. I wonder if onion soup might help him?

Wow! Imagine that. Ok so LAST NIGHT I had an epiphany and immediately jumped out of bed and started googling, and then I shared this:

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=5081&p=61927#p61893

So now I am searching out as many ways as possible to get vitamin C into my body, and low and behold Miss Jennifer has some answers. :mrgreen: <---non scurvy teeth :P

I LOVE onion soup. However, not exactly sure how to make it so can you clue me in on how to do it and also what kind of onions to get and what not. I will be heading off to the store in a couple hours.

Oh and Jennifer if you could keep petitioning for me, that would be great because it seems to be working. :pray

edit: tara I didnt mean to thread jack. I can move it over to my thread if needed.

Jennifer

WOW! We're sharing the same brain, Charlie. I was thinking of scurvy too!

I like the sweet vidalia onions, but you could get whatever ones you prefer. I kind of wing it when I make my soup so I don't really have a recipe I go by. You could do whatever recipe you enjoy. So you could make it in a base of bone broth or beef broth and that would probably taste good. I usually add a small amount of blackstrap molasses just for added minerals, but some don't like it's strong taste. Anyhow, the most important thing is to cook the onions slowly on a low temp to preserve the vitamin C.

And you got it, Charlie! I'll keep potitioning away and we're gonna see you better in no time! :D

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Vidalia onions are my fav. :D Can't really do the bone broth right now but I am going to go ahead and add cucumber and apple according to Mittirs recipe so that I can get some other good nutrients at the same time.

Slow simmer for the win!

HDD

Charlie, do you check your ph? Do you supplement vitamin D?

French onion soup is delicious made with beef broth. I think I will add that for my son, too.
Thanks, Jennifer, Tara, and Charlie.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
HDD, no I have not checked my PH. I did supplement vitamin D up till a couple days ago but ran out. I should get my vitamin D results today and will decide whether I should keep supplementing it or not.

Will beef broth from the store be ok to use? Any specific brand?

Zachs

Vitamin C is highly fragile at any heat. A slow simmer (200+ degrees) is sure to denature almost all C content. This paper found a loss of over 60% C in 30 minutes at only 140 degrees.

http://www.ijstr.org/final-print/nov201 ... tables.pdf

Why is onion stew better than raw fruit for C on the RBTI protocal? I was under the impression that all fruits are alkaline producing even with they have a low pH?

Jennifer

Zachs said:
Vitamin C is highly fragile at any heat. A slow simmer (200+ degrees) is sure to denature almost all C content. This paper found a loss of over 60% C in 30 minutes at only 140 degrees.

Why is onion stew better than raw fruit for C on the RBTI protocal? I was under the impression that all fruits are alkaline producing even with they have a low pH?

No, not all fruits are alkaline producing if you go by RBTI, which is about ionization. It gets really complicated, but the standard alkaline/acidic food charts are not at all the same as what Reams studied in his lab. Those food charts go by blood pH not urine or saliva pH.

For example, Reams found that lemons were the only anionic food like human bile so this is why he says that lemons are the perfect food for healing the liver. If I remember correctly, his theories don't follow the typical theories of anions and cations in biology. I want to say he came up with his own theories as to how anions and cations work in the body. He worked in the theory of optimizing energy and was friends with Einstein and we can see a lot of his influence in Reams' work, or at least I can.

One concept of Reams biological theory of ionization is to push our pH up or down by specific foods. So each food is categorized by it's ability to lower an alkaline pH or raise an overly acidic pH. What he was trying to accomplish is changing our chemistry to that of a healthy person's who optimizes energy production efficiently. So I guess you could say having optimal metabolic functions.

As far as the vitamin C goes and it being degraded by any form of heat isn't the point with RBTI because it comes down to how our bodies utilize the vitamin C it's given. The vitamin C in onion soup is highly bioavailable (in Reams' findings) to the body so 5mg of vitamin C in onion soup can trump 100mg of vitamin C in a piece of fruit because more will be utilized from the soup. Does that make sense?

Sorry, I'm not very good at explaining it. it's actually much more complicated than that, but I only did RBTI for about a year and was under the guidance of an amazing long time practitioner/nurse/biochemist so a lot of the tests that you could perform at home, I was actually sending out my urine to their lab and having them run the tests for me because I was so ill at the time. Because of this, I'm not even close to being an expert with RBTI. This is of course if you even believe Reams' theories to be true.

I have to say RBTI theories overlap Ray theories in A LOT of ways that are too many to list without boring people LOL, but I wanted to note something I find interesting about Reams. He was healing thousands of people from cancer and other terminal illnesses at his retreats and the AMA got wind of this and were after him because of it.

OP
T

tara

Zachs said:

Reams said when their system was too acid, people couldn't use vit C itself. In terms of the why, I'm afraid I didn't get a good enough grip of his complex picture of biochemistry and biophysics to be able to understand let alone explain, sorry. RBTI has its own lists of acidifying and alkalising and neutral foods, and it doesn't always line up with the lists in other systems. He did not recommend acidifiying fruits for people who were already too acid. Some RBTI followers use baking soda in fruit juice to make it less acidic, as do some Peat-inspired folk.

I'm not sure that it actually is vitamin C in the onion soup. I wonder if it might be something else that has some similar effects, or helps spare any vit-C in the system, or some other mechanism.

OP
T

tara

Charlie said:
I LOVE onion soup. However, not exactly sure how to make it so can you clue me in on how to do it and also what kind of onions to get and what not. I will be heading off to the store in a couple hours.
I don't know how to make the kind you like. I tend to stew onions either with meat for stew, or with other veges and mix with with stock for soup. I often add ginger root too, mostly for taste, but Haidut's posted some studies about it being useful for a few other things too. Hardly ever have more than one kind of white onions to choose from at a time locally, so I use what I find.

Charlie said:
edit: tara I didnt mean to thread jack. I can move it over to my thread if needed.
I was hoping you'd find this and please do discuss here if you want. :): I'm not always sure where to draw the line about referring to non-Peat theories in the Peat subforums, so I was being cautious about this one yesterday.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
tara said:
I don't know how to make the kind you like. I tend to stew onions either with meat for stew, or with other veges and mix with with stock for soup. I often add ginger root too, mostly for taste, but Haidut's posted some studies about it being useful for a few other things too. Hardly ever have more than one kind of white onions to choose from at a time locally, so I use what I find.

I got some beef stock from the store, does not look too terribly bad on ingredients. :lol: Going to try and make a french onion type soup, but without the bread of course. Yum!

I honestly dont mind what kinda onion soup it is, long as I get the benefits. However, this first time I am gonna try the french onion.

Oh and what kind of PH strips does one need to buy?

narouz

I'm going to need to educate myself up on the Reams stuff.
But just on the point of the ph measurement,
I wonder if he's looking for the same thing as Peat.

In an interview, Peat discussed at some length
how the ph thing is often misunderstood.

Peat said there is an optimal ph for inside the cell
and then an opposite optimal ph for outside the cell.
And that these are often confused
and lead to diets he thinks are silly.

Inside the cell should be acid, outside the cell alkaline,
or vice versa.
I can't recall.
And just to be more unhelpful,
I can't remember which interview. :lol:
But it likely is in the KMUD Acid vs Alkaline show....