Scientists Develop Lab-Made Mineral That Will Suck CO2 From The Atmosphere

Herbie

We need to preserve the forests and jungles, this fooling around is embarrassing.

tara

we need more CO2 not less
Some of us need more of it in our bodies. Another one or two hundred parts per million in the atmosphere makes little difference to that. But it can make a big difference to the stability of various habitats in the biosphere.

tara

Tenacity

It's like a smoker trying to prevent damage from smoking by using a machine to suck all the tar from his lungs.

x-ray peat

Some of us need more of it in our bodies. Another one or two hundred parts per million in the atmosphere makes little difference to that. But it can make a big difference to the stability of various habitats in the biosphere.
You're right a a few more hundred parts per million and plants will begin to function again closer to their normal evolutionary levels. Many plants cant survive below 150 ppm and we were heading that way. Luckily the drop in CO2 levels has reversed, perhaps due to the evil burning of fossil fuels. Propaganda not withstanding.

This is a useful graph

CO2Collapse.png

Last edited:

tara

Many plants cant survive below 150 ppm and we were heading that way.
We're well over double that now and rising.
I'm sure you can find some places where some plants will thrive from some effect of climate change.
Last I looked, though, hurricanes, floods, erosion, and especially droughts, heatwaves, wildfires and desertification aren't doing the flora in quite a few places much good. When the glaciers are gone, there will be more areas deprived of the water they've depended on for a long time.
https://www.independent.co.uk/envir...nge-growth-global-warming-sahel-a8280361.html

Herbie

If they were sucking carbon monoxide and leaving carbon dioxide than it’s ok but they have this problem with all carbon.

x-ray peat

We're well over double that now and rising.
I'm sure you can find some places where some plants will thrive from some effect of climate change.
Last I looked, though, hurricanes, floods, erosion, and especially droughts, heatwaves, wildfires and desertification aren't doing the flora in quite a few places much good. When the glaciers are gone, there will be more areas deprived of the water they've depended on for a long time.
https://www.independent.co.uk/envir...nge-growth-global-warming-sahel-a8280361.html
yes that's what the mainstream media and bought off scientists will tell you. Fortunately none of it is true. Severe weather is not increasing, leaf cover over the planet is increasing, and the ice is growing thicker in Antarctica. Oh and there are more polar bears alive today than in the last 30 years. hmm I thought they were all going to starve.

tara

yes that's what the mainstream media and bought off scientists will tell you.
And the people who ave lived and travelled in the affected areas.

x-ray peat

And the people who ave lived and travelled in the affected areas.
whatever areas you are speaking about they are not due to man made CO2. Temperatures and sea levels have been rising since the mini ice age in the 18th century, well before the industrial revolution. Climate has always changed, whether we like it or not.

nwo2012

A great way to justify spraying the sky with chemicals which of course is not already being done. The CO2 red herring, much like ozone depleting substances much like pink rubbon day. This is how you distract the sheeple from waking up to what is really wrong with the world.

tara

whatever areas you are speaking about they are not due to man made CO2.
Guess I'm inclined to give weight to the scientists who have done extensive research on it. Yes climate has always changed; a chunk of the recent change is shown to be caused by human activity. (CO2 is just one of the significant GHGs, and not the whole of the story.)

nwo2012

Guess I'm inclined to give weight to the scientists who have done extensive research on it. Yes climate has always changed; a chunk of the recent change is shown to be caused by human activity. (CO2 is just one of the significant GHGs, and not the whole of the story.)

There is plenty of contradictory evidence to the mainstream narrative of man made warming from co2 emissions. Its just a red herring for the sheep. Divide and conquer as is always employed by ruling inbreds.

Joe C

Very easy to get polarised on this issue... But one thing people often forget is that it is the rate of change that is the key, not the degree. Ecosystem will thrive in a wide range of parameters if they have time to adapt - but will collapse if change comes too quickly. Desertification is real.

Secondly, the focus is always on CO2...but what about all the other crap our industrial activity is releasing into the biosphere? Radiation, PCBs, dioxin, heavy metals etc... Polar bear numbers aside, they've been found to be contaminated with PCBs, which should be a stark warning on how we are pushing our entire environment to be less hospitable to life. For me that is the real story.

OP
L

lampofred

What surprises me the most is why the focus is always on CO2 when there are so many other legitimate toxins in the air that need to be gotten rid of. Why not focus on smog for example.

tara

What surprises me the most is why the focus is always on CO2 when there are so many other legitimate toxins in the air that need to be gotten rid of. Why not focus on smog for example.
There are people focusing on smog too. Not everyone can do everything. If smog is your thing to tackle, go for it.

Solving each of those problems should help with the other - both have fossil fuel burning as a major contributor.

The scientists saying there is the potential for further destructive anthropogenic climate climate change and possibly climate collapse are not only looking at CO2, they are also looking at other green house gases, including methane etc.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals