Low Toxin Diet So if the immune system doesn’t exist according to Garrett Smith , what part of our nervous system triggers “detox events”?

pubh12

I’ve talked about how I haven’t been able to get acutely sick in six years , as well as losing the ability to sweat at the same time

Or in other words , lost the ability to detox through multiple pathways.

A couple of weeks ago I quit the beta blockers I was taking for POTS. To my shock, while my heart rate still sky rockets upon standing up, I’ve experienced no adrenaline surges like I did at the onset of POTS six years ago.

It’s been suggested by a couple people here I’m stuck in a parasympathetic state and maybe that’s why I cannot sweat. I’d be interested to know if detox events are controlled by the sympathetic nervous system and maybe my seemingly drained norepinephrine/epinephrine might be behind some of my inability to detox. But I need to figure out if it’s a parasympathetic Or sympathetic response, and then maybe I can target certain neurotransmitters/hormones or something to try and get my detoxing working again.

DanDare

Forum Supporter
I’ve talked about how I haven’t been able to get acutely sick in six years , as well as losing the ability to sweat at the same time

Or in other words , lost the ability to detox through multiple pathways.

A couple of weeks ago I quit the beta blockers I was taking for POTS. To my shock, while my heart rate still sky rockets upon standing up, I’ve experienced no adrenaline surges like I did at the onset of POTS six years ago.

It’s been suggested by a couple people here I’m stuck in a parasympathetic state and maybe that’s why I cannot sweat. I’d be interested to know if detox events are controlled by the sympathetic nervous system and maybe my seemingly drained norepinephrine/epinephrine might be behind some of my inability to detox. But I need to figure out if it’s a parasympathetic Or sympathetic response, and then maybe I can target certain neurotransmitters/hormones or something to try and get my detoxing working again.

It depends on your definition of what being acutely sick means. If I work with gypsum plaster and inhale the dust, the next day I may have a cough, perhaps runny nose. That's a detox of sorts. If I eat some food that doesn't agree with me, I poop it out quickly, again acutely sick.
I haven't had a sore throat in over 10 years, but then that's due to a career change ( speaking to a classroom all day makes your throat sore).

You mention Garrett smith. I wouldn't be too concerned with the mechanisms as again as Garrett says there is no specific protocol for specific conditions. He says in effect try eating according to the recommendations, get off toxic drugs and supplements, eat enough, that many things will enhance detox like beans and niacin, selenium , potassium, magnesium zinc, etc and it's going to take time. And if it doesn't work then deal with that down the line.

mosaic01

The immune system exists. A better name would be repair system.

When cellular integrity is threatened, the cells initiate an immune (defense) and repair response.

OP
P

pubh12

It depends on your definition of what being acutely sick means. If I work with gypsum plaster and inhale the dust, the next day I may have a cough, perhaps runny nose. That's a detox of sorts. If I eat some food that doesn't agree with me, I poop it out quickly, again acutely sick.
I haven't had a sore throat in over 10 years, but then that's due to a career change ( speaking to a classroom all day makes your throat sore).

You mention Garrett smith. I wouldn't be too concerned with the mechanisms as again as Garrett says there is no specific protocol for specific conditions. He says in effect try eating according to the recommendations, get off toxic drugs and supplements, eat enough, that many things will enhance detox like beans and niacin, selenium , potassium, magnesium zinc, etc and it's going to take time. And if it doesn't work then deal with that down the line.

When I say acutely sick I mean flu like illness. I’m doing what he says with magnesium , potassium and taking flush niacin but still cannot trigger a detox event. Still can’t sweat at all.

I’m worried I’m just stirring heavy metals or other toxins up and not eliminating them.

OP
P

pubh12

The immune system exists. A better name would be repair system.

When cellular integrity is threatened, the cells initiate an immune (defense) and repair response.

I have an issue with mast cells. Without antihistamines I break out, get itchy etc. It’s very bad if I don’t take them

Is this also a “detox”? Would taking antihistamines just be stifling this detox?

mosaic01

Yeah you probably have to stop the antihistamines.

Have you tried smoking tobacco or using nicotine patches to influence the nervous system in a positive way? Have you tried taking CDS? Have you tried replacing the antihistamines with ascorbic acid?

Are you taking binders beyond fiber?

Last edited:

Hidden49

Where does he say the immune system doesn't exist? Pretty far fetched statement but I would be interested to see his reasoning.

DanDare

Forum Supporter
Where does he say the immune system doesn't exist? Pretty far fetched statement but I would be interested to see his reasoning.

I have listened to him quite a bit and it is more that he doesn't accept the virus/ germ theory model of it all.

OP
P

pubh12

Yeah you probably have to stop the antihistamines.

Have you tried smoking tobacco or using nicotine patches to influence the nervous system in a positive way? Have you tried taking CDS? Have you tried replacing the antihistamines with ascorbic acid?

Are you taking binders beyond fiber?
I’m doing vitamin C now. I haven’t tried nicotine patches. I’m a bit worried that it might make my breathing worse by increasing acetylcholine. But I don’t even really know if that’s why my bronchoconstriction is chronically “turned on”

I might be starting OSR to bind heavy metals.

Nick

I'm not sure where the idea is coming from that the immune system doesn't exist, although as mosaic01 said, it is definitely misnamed since most immune activity is cleaning up debris or facilitating repair. Perhaps you are referring to the theory that "autoimmune" diseases do not exist and that the immune cell presence in these so-called "autoimmune" diseases is there to clean up toxins, dead cell debris, and try to repair the damage. The theory that viruses are extracellular vesicles produced to excrete toxins and damaged cell constituents from the cell would then imply that the immune system "attacking" viruses is just cleaning up this junk as well.

DanDare

Forum Supporter
I’m doing what he says with magnesium , potassium and taking flush niacin but still cannot trigger a detox event. Still can’t sweat at all.

You might want to try following his ideas more closely because if you are taking an anti histamine and vitamin c, both are claimed to be anti-detox under the toxic bile theory.

DanDare

Forum Supporter
I'm not sure where the idea is coming from that the immune system doesn't exist, although as mosaic01 said, it is definitely misnamed since most immune activity is cleaning up debris or facilitating repair. Perhaps you are referring to the theory that "autoimmune" diseases do not exist and that the immune cell presence in these so-called "autoimmune" diseases is there to clean up toxins, dead cell debris, and try to repair the damage. The theory that viruses are extracellular vesicles produced to excrete toxins and damaged cell constituents from the cell would then imply that the immune system "attacking" viruses is just cleaning up this junk as well.
I concur with this. In addition, a lot of auto immunity is due to the damaged tissues that should be working barriers but are not, and so substances (retinol is often claimed) that shouldn't be are leaking though and damaging tissues which should be protected but are not. This is particularly observable with skin for many. People often have areas of skin that let them know when something is wrong by flaring up, whereas the rest of their skin shows no difference.

OP
P

pubh12

You might want to try following his ideas more closely because if you are taking an anti histamine and vitamin c, both are claimed to be anti-detox under the toxic bile theory.
What makes vitamin C anti detox?

ddjd

When I say acutely sick I mean flu like illness. I’m doing what he says with magnesium , potassium and taking flush niacin but still cannot trigger a detox event. Still can’t sweat at all.

I’m worried I’m just stirring heavy metals or other toxins up and not eliminating them.
I don't understand what you mean by can't sweat.

If you spend 30 minutes in a sauna you won't sweat?

OP
P

pubh12

I don't understand what you mean by can't sweat.

If you spend 30 minutes in a sauna you won't sweat?
Yes. Instead of sweating I get tingly prickly sensations all over and red splotches etc. It’s awful.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals