Study says: Cyproheptadine - Specific Serotonin Antagonist, Doesn't Block Dopamine and Noradrenaline

NewACC

"Cyproheptadine and LSD, two known antagonists of the peripheral effects of 5-HT, were administered i.v. to conscious rabbits at different times before the intracerebroventricular (i.c.v.) administration of 5-HT, NAD or dopamine. Cyproheptadine (which had a slight hypothermic effect) antagonized the rise in temperature induced by 5-HT; this antagonism was dose-related and appeared to be specific in that the hyperthermia induced by noradrenaline or dopamine was hardly modified. Interactions between LSD (which is hyperthermic alone) and 5-HT were more complex — both potentiation and depression being observed."

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
This is very fascinating.

I’ve never used LSD… tempted to but don’t trust any sources.

I’m still trying to figure out what Cyproheptadine does to my entire body 4 days after dosing. It always leaves me feeling the best I’ve ever felt. Almost like how people describe MDMA… that’s how I feel on day 4-5 after taking a 1mg dose of Cyproheptadine.

OP
NewACC

NewACC

I’m still trying to figure out what Cyproheptadine does to my entire body 4 days after dosing. It always leaves me feeling the best I’ve ever felt. Almost like how people describe MDMA… that’s how I feel on day 4-5 after taking a 1mg dose of Cyproheptadine.
I wonder what makes you react like that, I only get a fraction of the effects you describe when stopping 24mg of cypro a day

OP
NewACC

NewACC

but still you really feel some kind of sensitization of the limbic system during the rebound, but I have a much less effect than you, but still there

Jamsey

Found something interesting. So, Cyproheptadine theoretically has the most affinity for the D3 receptor out of any dopamine receptors. In this review of D3 antagonism,
they discuss D3 receptor in relation to cue induced cocaine craving.
“A more recent study also evidences that cue-induced incubation of cocaine craving coincides with an increase of D3 (and not D1 or D2) receptor expression in the nucleus accumbens and ventral caudate-putamen in rats after prolonged withdrawal from cocaine self-administration (Conrad et al., 2010), suggesting a possible role for increased D3 receptor signaling in incubation of cocaine craving.”

In this study, cyproheptadine was not found to antagonize these effects.
“no antagonistic effect whatsoever was obtained with dibenamine, propranolol, cyproheptadine and methysergide.”

However, selective D3 antagonists do antagonize this effect.
“These findings suggest that treatment with SR 21502, a DA D3 receptor antagonist, in the presence of cocaine cues can facilitate extinction of cocaine CPP”

laleto12

Microdose LSD makes me feel awesome
but only on days that i take it
the effects dont linger

hierundjetzt

Lokzo, may I ask you when you take the 1mg dose? In the evening before bed?

OP
NewACC

NewACC

Found something interesting. So, Cyproheptadine theoretically has the most affinity for the D3 receptor out of any dopamine receptors. In this review of D3 antagonism,
they discuss D3 receptor in relation to cue induced cocaine craving.
“A more recent study also evidences that cue-induced incubation of cocaine craving coincides with an increase of D3 (and not D1 or D2) receptor expression in the nucleus accumbens and ventral caudate-putamen in rats after prolonged withdrawal from cocaine self-administration (Conrad et al., 2010), suggesting a possible role for increased D3 receptor signaling in incubation of cocaine craving.”

In this study, cyproheptadine was not found to antagonize these effects.
“no antagonistic effect whatsoever was obtained with dibenamine, propranolol, cyproheptadine and methysergide.”

However, selective D3 antagonists do antagonize this effect.
“These findings suggest that treatment with SR 21502, a DA D3 receptor antagonist, in the presence of cocaine cues can facilitate extinction of cocaine CPP”
Yes, there are a lot of different studies that found even synergy of cyproheptadine with various dopamine agents such as levodopa and amphetamine

baron

Cypro makes me very risable acutely but chronically bluntens the response to dopamine for me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom