The complexiy of life increases even without evolution

haidut

Forum Supporter
Related to the previous post I just made, this is another confirmation of Ray's views - i.e. that life evolves in the direction of increasing complexity and structure and away from disorder/entropy. The interesting thing is that this property of life does not seem to be dependent on Darwinian evolution, but rather is a more fundamental property of matter. Darwinian evolution itself maybe a result of this tendency for increased complexity, structure, and organization/order of matter.

https://www.simonsfoundation.org/quanta ... omplexity/

bradley

Similar to Terence McKenna's Timewave theory of ever-growing novelty

jaa

McKenna's timewave theory seems pretty bunk. He looked for events that correlated with his graph and was incorrect with future predictions. Perhaps I'm missing something, but the wiki explanation:

"So as the graph approaches the zero point on the grand Timewave, waves of novelty and habit change more rapidly. This can appear chaotic to our sense of time but it is, according to novelty theory because the very pattern of time itself is speeding up. The Timewave plots the move from one direction to the other. Moving up indicates a gradual increase in stability and organization while a downward curve shows that some new factors are influencing change."

Is just woo language that appears designed to confuse and allure. Could you explain the theory in everyday language?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals