Using a handheld tooth scaler for plaque buildup (low-cost dentistry)

A high quality, handheld, stainless steel SICKLE SCALE TOOTH SCALER can be used to REMOVE tough PLAQUE buildup at your own pace and leisure.

It's an empowering tool that takes away from complete reliance on a dental hygienist.

Overuse can definitely lead to temporary tooth sensitivity, but careful and infrequent use can go a long way towards keeping the teeth in top shape... especially the back teeth which are more prone to plaque buildup.

This is one that I've been happy with:

https://a.co/d/jiAoQM2

sketch-1683910239954.png

BRMarshall

Good for the brave and resourceful....perhaps a bit of lidocaine might be preferred by some prior to descaling!

Mossy

A high quality, handheld, stainless steel SICKLE SCALE TOOTH SCALER can be used to REMOVE tough PLAQUE buildup at your own pace and leisure.
I can confirm that these do actually work quite well. In general, as you say, a higher quality one would be best. I've had two variations of a low-cost version, where one worked very well, and the other did not.

frannybananny

It's an empowering tool that takes away from complete reliance on a dental hygienist.

Overuse can definitely lead to temporary tooth sensitivity, but careful and infrequent use can go a long way towards keeping the teeth in top shape... especially the back teeth which are more prone to plaque buildup.

This is one that I've been happy with:

https://a.co/d/jiAoQM2

View attachment 50228
I have been considering this for a long time. Thanks for the link!

Cow

How do you know if you have plaque on your teeth? Usually at the end of the day, my two front teeth will feel like they have a couple fuzzy bits of thread on them, but it comes right off with just brushing. The rest just feel slick all the time and I don't see anything.

OP
Twohandsondeck
How do you know if you have plaque on your teeth? Usually at the end of the day, my two front teeth will feel like they have a couple fuzzy bits of thread on them, but it comes right off with just brushing. The rest just feel slick all the time and I don't see anything.
dental-plaque.jpg

It's that yellow-ish line that comes off of the gums.

Cow

Thank you, kindly. I do have a bit of brownish-yellow discoloration along the gumline of some teeth. Is that it? It doesn't stick out though, it seems to just be discoloration. And I have one tiny thread like line that looks black. Would love to get rid of all that and get them a bit whiter. Although I think I heavily damaged my enamel during my misspent youth. I've only been to the dentist 2-3 times in the last 30 years and only go if I crack a tooth and it causes issues!

1684358853798.jpeg

OP
Twohandsondeck
Thank you, kindly. I do have a bit of brownish-yellow discoloration along the gumline of some teeth. Is that it? It doesn't stick out though, it seems to just be discoloration. And I have one tiny thread like line that looks black. Would love to get rid of all that and get them a bit whiter. Although I think I heavily damaged my enamel during my misspent youth. I've only been to the dentist 2-3 times in the last 30 years and only go if I crack a tooth and it causes issues!

View attachment 50296
That's remarkable! Yeah that looks like it fits the bill.

Something worth considering is to try a water flosser (ex. Waterpik) with a water solution that has hydrogen peroxide and/or baking soda added to it. Has a nice whitening effect that lasts for a few days. Probably not good to do everyday, but nonetheless I'd deem it to be on the 'safe' side.

Also... brushing with a combination of green clay + apple cider vinegar used as a toothpaste will help the plaque dilemma.

Last edited:

oxphoser

It takes some skill to use these. I used one and now the dentist says there are permanent scratches on my teeth.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom