DMSO ?

jaguar43

Ray Peat believes that the hydrophobicity of DMSO with its hydrogen bonding and methyl bonds can be beneficial for different remedies. Has anyone tried it, if so feel free to talk about it. I have read that it can increase absorption of other compounds. I am thinking of trying it, are their any good brands to look for. Thanks

loess

I have not tried it yet but I was listening to one of Ray's KMUD interviews last night and someone had called in asking about treatment of toe fungus/athlete's foot. Ray recommended using a bar of 10% sulfur soap. Several of my toes on my left foot have had fungus living in the nail bed for years and I have never been able to eradicate it (once it gets in the nail bed it is very difficult to make contact with the fungus). I was thinking about getting some DMSO to use in conjunction with the sulfur soap; perhaps it will be able to penetrate into the keratin. So I would also love to know if someone has a particular brand or source of DMSO to recommend.

Jenn

They sell it at the feedstore for horses. I used it to treat joint ill on a baby goat. It stinks and you will start to stink it you use a lot of it (like garlic) but it's very effective and cheap....which is always a plus. I prefer the liquid, best pricing and most versatile.

burtlancast

There are some people able to use regularly DMSO that never smell, others that do.
It depends on the person.

DMSO is a very safe and effective substance, used to open the skin's pores, but must not be in contact with some plastics, or it will leech them, and must be mixed 70-30 or 50-50 with water or glycerin when used on the skin ( otherwise it will dehydrate it, causing scratching)

It has a myriad of applications when used with various drugs, or even alone.

You can put some on your toenail, wait 20 min, then pour some MMS or colloidal silver ( MMS works best) and you will kill the fungus.

For more info on DMSO, there's many books on Amazon.

OP
J

jaguar43

burtlancast said:
There are some people able to use regularly DMSO that never smell, others that do.
It depends on the person.

DMSO is a very safe and effective substance, used to open the skin's pores, but must not be in contact with some plastics, or it will leech them, and must be mixed 70-30 or 50-50 with water or glycerin when used on the skin ( otherwise it will dehydrate it, causing scratching)

It has a myriad of applications when used with various drugs, or even alone.

You can put some on your toenail, wait 20 min, then pour some MMS or colloidal silver ( MMS works best) and you will kill the fungus.

For more info on DMSO, there's many books on Amazon.

Thanks, do you know any good brands to buy ?

OP
J

jaguar43

Jenn said:
They sell it at the feedstore for horses. I used it to treat joint ill on a baby goat. It stinks and you will start to stink it you use a lot of it (like garlic) but it's very effective and cheap....which is always a plus. I prefer the liquid, best pricing and most versatile.

Is it available on the internet ?

loess

Thanks burtlancast!

It appears that there are a number of DMSO products on Amazon. I read some reviews and comments and people seem to be upset that the cheaper liquid bottles, though they claim to be "99% pure", are repackaged from larger industrial-sized drums of DMSO with no clear information about the repackaging process. That raises concerns about purity. Also most of those bottles are plastic.

These two are apparently pharmaceutical grade and come in glass bottles:
http://www.amazon.com/DMSO-99-995%25-Ph ... 1380389983
http://www.amazon.com/DMSO-Pharma-Grade ... 1380389983

I did a cursory Google search and Jacob Lab keeps showing up as a recommended source in reviews, forums, etc. From their website:

Jacob Lab was founded by Stanley W. Jacob, MD, FACS. Dr. Jacob is the medical doctor who discovered the therapeutic qualities of DMSO - MSM. Since 1964, our laboratory has worked exclusively with DMSO - MSM. We established the quality standard and formulas for which all pharmaceutical grade DMSO is made.

Jenn

jag2594 said:
Jenn said:

Is it available on the internet ?

Sure, the Jeffer's catalog sells it...or used too.

I have also used it mixed with aloe vera juice for something on a cow, can't remember now what. Works great.

burtlancast

jag2594 said:
Thanks, do you know any good brands to buy ?

I buy mine in france from horse pharmacies.
But i've found this brand that sells DMSO in glass bottle at a reasonnable price.
Google "nature's gift dmso"

Anyway, one bottle will last a loooooong time !

OP
J

jaguar43

loess said:
Thanks burtlancast!

It appears that there are a number of DMSO products on Amazon. I read some reviews and comments and people seem to be upset that the cheaper liquid bottles, though they claim to be "99% pure", are repackaged from larger industrial-sized drums of DMSO with no clear information about the repackaging process. That raises concerns about purity. Also most of those bottles are plastic.

These two are apparently pharmaceutical grade and come in glass bottles:
http://www.amazon.com/DMSO-99-995%25-Ph ... 1380389983
http://www.amazon.com/DMSO-Pharma-Grade ... 1380389983

I did a cursory Google search and Jacob Lab keeps showing up as a recommended source in reviews, forums, etc. From their website:

Jacob Lab was founded by Stanley W. Jacob, MD, FACS. Dr. Jacob is the medical doctor who discovered the therapeutic qualities of DMSO - MSM. Since 1964, our laboratory has worked exclusively with DMSO - MSM. We established the quality standard and formulas for which all pharmaceutical grade DMSO is made.

What I heard was that you have to use 70% dmso and 30% water to use on joints. What do you think?

4peatssake

I heard the same thing about dissolving 70/30 with distilled water because using full strength causes skin irritation and burning. I have no direct experience, just what I have read.

burtlancast

DMSO is an extremely hidrophilic substance; it will suck water from everything, even from air !
( fill right to the top a glass with DMSO; leave it overnight; in the morning it will have overspilled because he absorbed air's humidity).

This is why if you use it 100% on your skin, it will dehydrate it and cause a burn/ scratching.
The scratching/ burn is caused by the skin cells being dehydrated.

And it hurts !!

It's all explained in Morton Walker's book about DMSO; highly recommended.

OP
J

jaguar43

Just heard that DMSO should be medical grade. What do you guys think.

burtlancast

jag2594 said:

Frankly, that's a marketing gimmick.
I use veterinary grade without any problems.
The most important thing is purity, and you can easily check it out by leaving the bottle in a cool place below 15 degrees centigrades; if it's pure, it should start to solidify.

If it's not so pure, you will need to get lower temps ( 8 or 5 degrees cent.) for it to solidify.
That's an easy way to know if the product is as pure as advertised.

loess

A potential problem I could see with industrial grade DMSO is that companies repackaging/bottling the substance as an industrial solvent likely use the same equipment to bottle other substances. So the residual toxic materials could contaminate industrial grade DMSO and may be taken into the body by the DMSO.

You have to keep things in perspective with all of this stuff, nothing is perfect...I shower in tap water and I'm sure there's all kinds of junk being absorbed through my skin when I do that. You just do the best you can with what is available and within your budget.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
loess said:
You have to keep things in perspective with all of this stuff, nothing is perfect...I shower in tap water and I'm sure there's all kinds of junk being absorbed through my skin when I do that. You just do the best you can with what is available and within your budget.

Settled. No more showers for me. :mrgreen:

OP
J

jaguar43

burtlancast said:
jag2594 said:

Frankly, that's a marketing gimmick.
I use veterinary grade without any problems.
The most important thing is purity, and you can easily check it out by leaving the bottle in a cool place below 15 degrees centigrades; if it's pure, it should start to solidify.

If it's not so pure, you will need to get lower temps ( 8 or 5 degrees cent.) for it to solidify.
That's an easy way to know if the product is as pure as advertised.

I don't know, you buy dmso in france so its probably better quality than ones made in the U.S. I will take search around vet websites see if I find anything.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals