Niacinamide Prevents Development Of Diabetes Type I

haidut

Forum Supporter

Giraffe

Haidut, do you know of any risk that doses of 1.5 - 2.0 g taken orally deplete anything important in the body?

I have read what you wrote about the longer half live of topical applied substances, but I don't completely understand the implication: Could 2 g daily (dissolved in water) applied topical lead to a too high concentration?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Giraffe said:
Haidut, do you know of any risk that doses of 1.5 - 2.0 g taken orally deplete anything important in the body?

I have read what you wrote about the longer half live of topical applied substances, but I don't completely understand the implication: Could 2 g daily (dissolved in water) applied topical lead to a too high concentration?

The only "side effect" of higher doses of niacinamide I know of is methionine depletion, which is actually a good thing as long as you consume some methionine through the diet. Some people get elevation of liver enzymes in doses of 3g+ daily but subsequent ultrasound did not show liver damage. So the enzyme elevation is probably not relevant clinically for most people.
I don't know of a product that would deliver 2g niacinamide topically since it would require essentially covering your entire bod with the solution.

Giraffe

haidut said:
I don't know of a product that would deliver 2g niacinamide topically since it would require essentially covering your entire bod with the solution.
I bought a powder and a 100 ml glas bottle with a spray nozzle. I dissolved about 1 tsp (with a bulk) and sprayed the solution all over my body. At the moment it's over 30°C where I live, and it's tempting to do it several times a day... :)

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Giraffe said:
haidut said:
I bought a powder and a 100 ml glas bottle with a spray nozzle. I dissolved about 1 tsp (with a bulk) and sprayed the solution all over my body. At the moment it's over 30°C where I live, and it's tempting to do it several times a day... :)

One tsp is probably about 5g. Did you use the whole bottle? I would watch for signs like nausea which may indicate liver issues and discontinue or lower the dose if you get bad symptoms.

Giraffe

haidut said:
One tsp is probably about 5g. Did you use the whole bottle? I would watch for signs like nausea which may indicate liver issues and discontinue or lower the dose if you get bad symptoms.
I used half of the bottle in 24 hours.

Thanks for your answers and advice.

aquaman

I just saw this on the RP email advice depository:

Dear Ray,

I have been taking the following supplements for type 1 diabetes. I have read your milk article now and diabetes one also.

Do you think these supplements are the most beneficial, alongside diet (milk, eggs, liver, oysters, orange juice, coffee etc)?

Niacinamide 250mg a day
Pregnenolone 50mg a day
T3 low dose building up
Vitamin D 8000iu a day
Cascara Sagrada (does contain silica- bad?)

Coffee and chocolate for magnesium. Not sure where to find thiamine (liver?)

Ray peat Said:
"All those foods contain some thiamine and niacinamide, is there a special reason for that much niacin? Coffee is a good source."

Interesting that even at 250g he is asking why Bumberleybee is taking so much Niacinamide!

Ray Peat Email Advice Depository | Page 9 | Ray Peat Forum

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals