Low Toxin Logs Attempting low vit A / low toxin lifestyle

Morten

It can be necessary to take some Betaine (TMG) with the niacin for some people to prevent hypomethylation.

The hair shedding sounds like a histamine reaction. The histamine release lessens within a couple days.

Also just a general note - one should never take a hot shower during the time of taking niacin. This makes the histamine reaction almost unbearable.
Hot shower and niacin.
Why?, because of to much heat?

mosaic01

Why?, because of to much heat?

Don't know why but it happens. Probably heat + pores opening, thus potentiating the vasodilation and flush reaction. Some people combine niacin and sauna, and feel fine with it. I haven't tried that. When starting niacin, its probably good to not start with very hot showers, because during the first weeks, the flush reaction is very intense.

Morten

Don't know why but it happens. Probably heat + pores opening, thus potentiating the vasodilation and flush reaction. Some people combine niacin and sauna, and feel fine with it. I haven't tried that. When starting niacin, its probably good to not start with very hot showers, because during the first weeks, the flush reaction is very intense.
👍👍

mattmm24

It's interesting. I have never tried supplementing niacin. But the program I am on does not reccomend it because it builds up in the liver. Are you guys doing blood work or hair testing to verify that you are dumping metals or detoxing from it?

mosaic01

It's interesting. I have never tried supplementing niacin. But the program I am on does not reccomend it because it builds up in the liver.

It doesn't build up on the liver. It's water-soluble and is gone completely after a day. The half-life of niacin in the body is very short, it's removed from the blood after only 3 hours.

"The mean plasma terminal half-life for niacin (0.9 h) was shorter as compared to niacinamide (4.3 h)."

mattmm24

It doesn't build up on the liver. It's water-soluble and is gone completely after a day. The half-life of niacin in the body is very short, it's removed from the blood after only 3 hours.

"The mean plasma terminal half-life for niacin (0.9 h) was shorter as compared to niacinamide (4.3 h)."

Maybe he is wrong then.

mattmm24

How much does Smith reccomend taking daily? Probably not much. He is pretty conservative on his reccomendations.

OP
m_arch

m_arch

day 12 today.

my dry eyes continue to be worse than before, and all my skin and hair seems quite dry.
it feels almost as if i'm on accutane again.

i've got some blue-blocking computer glasses and they seem to MASSIVELY help my eyes. i wonder if there is some interaction between the blue light on a computer screen causing havoc with a vitamin A detox. its almost as if my eyes were never try, they were just having massive strain from the interaction of the blue light on the screen and (perhaps) the vitamin A releasing from my eyes? Just a wild theory, but i can literally take the glasses off and my eyes burn or keep them on and my eyes feel alright.

i've been a bit constipated and have had some headaches. i think perhaps i took too much activated charcoal, and one day i forgot to soak my oats over night and that seemed to give me gut isses.

grapes

i wonder if there is some interaction between the blue light on a computer screen causing havoc with a vitamin A detox. i
I always wondered about that too, as I'm often on computer and seem to do better when otherwise.

OP
m_arch

m_arch

day 14 (officially 2 weeks woo!)

feeling great generally today. some thoughts:
- my eyes have been feeling great since starting to use blue light blocking glasses. i figure i will continue to wear them. if it truly is vitamin A detoxing from my eyes like i suspect, and not true dryness, then if i wear the glasses the vit A will detox through other pathways like the bile eventually and i wont have to go through the eye pain.
- my scalp was feeling super dry and uncomfortable and i was having lots of shedding, today i think i've sorted that by using a coconut oil conditioner - this is the one i'm using. it seems like mostly coconut oil and shea butter, but it does have some other stuff.
- i've just been using the thorn b-complex as a supplement rather than straight nicotinic acid. i may try it again at some point but i figure the b-complex is more balanced
- i've had better digestion again, a big bowl of cooked oats in the morning and not having the activated charcoal seems to help this
- i'll try not having apple juice for this week
- i watched a podcast with Garrett Smith where he talked about beef / red meat in general making detox happen faster due to its high zinc content, and that having less red meat (or reducing total meat) could help if feeling too uncomfortable. i had beef only pretty much for the last few days and it was causing some issues, i've had issues in the past with zinc supplementation too. so i'm going back to a beef / chicken hybrid diet now. beef only is too plain for me also, i like a bit of mix in terms of taste and sustainability of the diet.

OP
m_arch

m_arch

Day 18
- i've had some minor constipation, where i've only been going for craps every 2nd day and only smallish amounts. I had a big one today however. I tried changing a few things which i will try my best to continue:
- introducing more water (i think this diet could be pretty drying, there is no liquidish food in there)
- introducing the magnesium / potassium chloride spray (did this last night)

- eyes are still feeling better
- having the mix of beef and chicken seems to be working well

- getting a bit bored of the diet, hopefully i just get used to it soon. eating was almost like a hobby.
- i've felt more productive and happy but i partly wonder if just having this plain food is a bit of a dopamine detox, and i'm just getting more dopamine from other activities now because its not coming from food hahaha
- i'm going to attempt to introduce small amounts of beans and see how i go

- i've upped my soaking game: now soak the rice in hot water + a pinch of activated charcoal. im also straining both the rice and oats thoroughly in a new strainer, before re-adding fresh water to cook them in before consumption.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals