Low Toxin Lifestyle Does losing fat liberate stored VA?

Peater

The past several days here have had glorious weather so I've been able to do some hiking, at least 4 miles a day with good sun exposure. I've dropped a decent amount of weight since starting this, easily too- I haven't been hungry or starving myself at all.

I woke up today with a headache. As walking is a "fat burning zone" activity to use the standard terms, I wondered if it was a VA dump from fat. I've made sure to take potassium and salt so I don't think it's dehydration.

DanDare

Forum Supporter
Yes it releases whatever is in you fat cells into the blood, however there are also plenty of other variables to consider for getting a headache. Personally I have never found a connection between vitamin a and acute headache, and I am quick to get headaches and have identified many triggers. I suppose the test would be to take a vitamin a pill and see if it gives you a headache, but I wouldn't fancy doing that for other reasons.

OP
P

Peater

Yes it releases whatever is in you fat cells into the blood, however there are also plenty of other variables to consider for getting a headache. Personally I have never found a connection between vitamin a and acute headache, and I am quick to get headaches and have identified many triggers. I suppose the test would be to take a vitamin a pill and see if it gives you a headache, but I wouldn't fancy doing that for other reasons.

Thanks. True, it's probably not directly related. I rarely get headaches so I can normally associate them with something - it feels like the 'across the forehead' ache I got with "COVID" I saw a theory about it being a big VA dump so it made me think. Mercifully, it's not a migraine, at least. I don't miss those. (Went away when I started "Peating")

Nick

The headache could be from any combination of fat soluble toxins being liberated, including retinoids.

I do think free retinoids in the blood can cause acute headache but it would be difficult for anyone to notice this correlation because the amount and kind of unbound retinoids spilling into the blood at any given time is not directly related to the retinoids you have just eaten or take in a pill, since the food intake of retinoids goes through first pass liver metabolism and should get quickly stored or bound.

OP
P

Peater

The headache could be from any combination of fat soluble toxins being liberated, including retinoids.

I do think free retinoids in the blood can cause acute headache but it would be difficult for anyone to notice this correlation because the amount and kind of unbound retinoids spilling into the blood at any given time is not directly related to the retinoids you have just eaten or take in a pill, since the food intake of retinoids goes through first pass liver metabolism and should get quickly stored or bound.
Thanks for the detail! I skipped breakfast, but just had beef and beans for lunch. I had a few drops of zinc and ~40mg niacin with it just to give a boost, with potassium chloride and salt (Leaning more towards potassium) to season it.

It's staring to clear now. It wasn't absolutely crippling, I just like to try and work out what's going on if possible!

Nick

Thanks for the detail! I skipped breakfast, but just had beef and beans for lunch. I had a few drops of zinc and ~40mg niacin with it just to give a boost, with potassium chloride and salt (Leaning more towards potassium) to season it.

It's staring to clear now. It wasn't absolutely crippling, I just like to try and work out what's going on if possible!
what form of zinc?

Dutchie

The past several days here have had glorious weather so I've been able to do some hiking, at least 4 miles a day with good sun exposure. I've dropped a decent amount of weight since starting this, easily too- I haven't been hungry or starving myself at all.

I woke up today with a headache. As walking is a "fat burning zone" activity to use the standard terms, I wondered if it was a VA dump from fat. I've made sure to take potassium and salt so I don't think it's dehydration.
Possibly Histamines...

Sunshine is a histamine liberator and toxins (the vit.A turned ethanol /alcohol?) raise histamine levels.

I now infrequently get nagging headaches too and then when I look in the mirror, I see a couple of red spots in my face. (Both symptoms of histamines).
Though I unfortunately don't seem to be losing fat (especially in the rigth places). 🙄

OP
P

Peater

Possibly Histamines...

Sunshine is a histamine liberator and toxins (the vit.A turned ethanol /alcohol?) raise histamine levels.

I now infrequently get nagging headaches too and then when I look in the mirror, I see a couple of red spots in my face. (Both symptoms of histamines).
Though I unfortunately don't seem to be losing fat (especially in the rigth places). 🙄
Thank you. It's an interesting idea - in my case I don't think it's that as I am a complete sunseeker, every year I go out it in it as much as possible, usually topless (Male) so a good level of sun exposure is not new to my body, I usually feel great after a day in the sun (And did yesterday, just not this morning!)

Dutchie

Thank you. It's an interesting idea - in my case I don't think it's that as I am a complete sunseeker, every year I go out it in it as much as possible, usually topless (Male) so a good level of sun exposure is not new to my body, I usually feel great after a day in the sun (And did yesterday, just not this morning!)
Neither for me. I always loved taking relaxing walks in the morning sun, until a couple of years ago when I suddenly started to become more sensitive to it, resulting to me now not even being able to handle the weak sun anymore. (Probably bc of vit A though I never ate ridiculous high amounts of it.)
I'm not saying this is the case for you, just that things can change even if you've always been used to it.

OP
P

Peater

Neither for me. I always loved taking relaxing walks in the morning sun, until a couple of years ago when I suddenly started to become more sensitive to it, resulting to me now not even being able to handle the weak sun anymore. (Probably bc of vit A though I never ate ridiculous high amounts of it.)
I'm not saying this is the case for you, just that things can change even if you've always been used to it.
The sun is definitely stronger now. (Or, perhaps, the composition of UVA/UVB/UVC has changed/more is getting through). I think we are reaching a higher point of the solar cycle too.

I noticed I can burn now if I am not careful whereas some years I could be absolutely irresponsible and just end up golden olive colour. :D

CrystalClear

I have also lost weight recently but through a CRON diet and some exercise. A recent hair tissue mineral analysis showed up some toxic heavy metals that didn't show up in the last test I did three years ago. I concluded it was due to fat loss and the heavy metals were being mobilised. So I am taking binders now to help move them out. I have never experienced getting headaches with vitamin A but certainly have had my share of morning headaches due to low blood sugar. More hiking and losing weight - I guess you keep an eye on all your nutrient levels. Some of my nutrient levels are being affected by the toxic heavy metals especially magnesium I think.

Parrot

The sun is definitely stronger now. (Or, perhaps, the composition of UVA/UVB/UVC has changed/more is getting through). I think we are reaching a higher point of the solar cycle too.

I noticed I can burn now if I am not careful whereas some years I could be absolutely irresponsible and just end up golden olive colour. :D
Same with me. I have lived in Australia all my life and am circa 60 yo now, however from 10yo to 40yo I could spend all day in the sun and not burn. I now use vco on my skin as this is meant to lengthen the protective time before your skin starts to burn. I ride (cycle) three mornings a week and this works fine for me.
Also, I remember spending a year os in the early 90's and was amazed at the English and southern European sun as it seemed to caress your skin whereas the Aussie sun, even then, was much, much harsher??

OP
P

Peater

Same with me. I have lived in Australia all my life and am circa 60 yo now, however from 10yo to 40yo I could spend all day in the sun and not burn. I now use vco on my skin as this is meant to lengthen the protective time before your skin starts to burn. I ride (cycle) three mornings a week and this works fine for me.
Also, I remember spending a year os in the early 90's and was amazed at the English and southern European sun as it seemed to caress your skin whereas the Aussie sun, even then, was much, much harsher??
Thank you for sharing your experience too, it's interesting and also somewhat good to know it's not just me that's noticed it. I was surprised by how quickly the apparent change happened, but apparently Earth is losing its magnetic shield and the rate of loss is increasing. I don't think it effects UV directly, but could effect ozone, which then impacts UV.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals