50, lifelong focus on exercise and food, just had a heart attack

OP
C

cremes

Did you try discussing this apparent side effect with Andrew Saul?
On his web site he makes it clear on the contact page that he doesn't do consultations or want to be email pen pals with anyone.

BTW, when you read Hoffer's book, it is listed as a potential side effect. I read it cover to cover a few months ago before embarking on this and figured the probability of this side effect was small. Now that I have it, I'd like to resolve it. The Hoffer book doesn't shed any light on treatment other than "don't do that" or "reduce the dosage to alleviate symptoms." I am doing that now.

Jessie

Cool you've read Shuter's work. I was going to say you should definitely stick with the vitamin E, make sure you've got a product that delivers all the tocopherols (alpha, beta, gamma, delta). Pauling's C therapy is a good call too. Beings you already had a heart attack, I'd recommend throwing the lysine in with the C, which is what Pauling also recommended.

The only other thing I'd recommend you check out is Broda Barnes's work with desiccated thyroid. Taking 1-2 grains daily is very important for thwarting off heart attacks, hypertension, kidney problems, etc. It also helps with mental cognition, depression, arthritis, hypogonadism, and much more. Check out his book "The Unsuspecting Illness: Hypothyroidism."

Keep endotoxin low with fibers like wheat bran and raw carrots. Endotoxin plays an integral role in inflammation.

I would also personally recommend a low oil diet. PUFA's are granted, we all know to avoid them. But even too much saturated fat is likely not good for heart patients and/or hypothyroid patients. When you displace glucose in the diet your body retains less carbon dioxide.

Also the anti-vaxx stuff likely won't help you. I'm not telling you to get the jab, but the virus itself causes heart inflammation. So you're pretty much screwed either way. The best thing is to just keep your immunity high. I've seen studies suggesting intravenous vit C mitigates COVID severity and vastly reduces downtime in subjects exposed.

You're already on C and D, both great for immunity. You could also take low-dose zinc. Thyroid can also boost your immunity.

juicy

Familiar thread to me, looks like I could have wrote it. I would suggest looking At Patrick Thuet's work on Vitamin K (K-vitamins.com) he has a lot of REFERENCED information on the subject.
No doubt he made himself regain health with his approach. One thing he says tho : 'Stay away from high fructose stuff as it will cause liver fat, which ends up being an "organ" onto itself, which in turn makes chemicals that really are not that good for you.' not sure if he means stay away form fruits here? Fructose would be a preferred type of sugar by Ray Peat

OP
C

cremes

No doubt he made himself regain health with his approach. One thing he says tho : 'Stay away from high fructose stuff as it will cause liver fat, which ends up being an "organ" onto itself, which in turn makes chemicals that really are not that good for you.' not sure if he means stay away form fruits here? Fructose would be a preferred type of sugar by Ray Peat
I assumed he was referring to High Fructose Corn Syrup.

David PS

I assumed he was referring to High Fructose Corn Syrup.
That is a fair assumption. This is thread to read (2 posts).

Richiebogie

Dr Lee Merritt reckons that mRNA technology is very expensive and unlikely to be in the vaccines.

She reckons that under Emergency Use Authorisation the vaccine batches can vary a lot.

She reckons the vaccines may contain parasites or they may contain ingredients that lower your resistance to parasites.

This is what she believes is causing a lot of the illnesses and deaths!

This is why the powers that be do not want us using anti-parasitics.

Ivermectin, black seed oil, lemon peel, garlic, coconut, papaya seeds and various spices can help you manage parasites.

Vitamin C can help with graphene and metallic particles.

Last edited:

Michael Mohn

A lot of beginners to Peat's ideas find this book very helpful.
I general Peat cautions against vitamin C supplements, fresh ripe fruit is a better choice.

I found that high alcohol consumption is often a compensation for a low sugar diet as both foods increase CO2. Sugar from fruit is certainly better than too much alcohol.
Thyroid and pregnenolone are worth looking into.

P.S. I don't appreciate this automatic link to a product/company as if I had posted it. @charlie

OP
C

cremes

A lot of beginners to Peat's ideas find this book very helpful.
I general Peat cautions against vitamin C supplements, fresh ripe fruit is a better choice.

I found that high alcohol consumption is often a compensation for a low sugar diet as both foods increase CO2. Sugar from fruit is certainly better than too much alcohol.
Thyroid and pregnenolone are worth looking into.

P.S. I don't appreciate this automatic link to a product/company as if I had posted it. @charlie
I eat a ton of Cuties (branded name for Mandarin oranges out of California). I put about a gram of vitamin C powder into my morning tea but that's it now. The rest of my C is natural in origin.

I have looked into thyroid a bit. I just had my annual physical and TSH came back at 1.95 which is squarely in the middle of the "normal" range, so my doctor doesn't want to look further. I am going to ask for additional tests to directly measure T3 and T4 because my temperatures and heart rate aren't right. We'll see how that goes... most doctors don't appreciate the demands but IDGAF anymore for obvious reasons.

My Peat journey has only just begun.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals