5lbs gained in 5 days. Minimal calorific increase. More anti cortisol tips/supplements.

faust jaeger

I have slowly tried to increase my calories to a healthier 1800+ or so from the 1000-1200 I have been at for months with one extra glass of orange juice and whole milk a day. I have gained 5 pounds very quickly just through this which is disheartening. I was at such a low calorie level to lose weight which I accomplished but my metabolism was wrecked in the process. My cortisol levels are extremely high and I’m looking for better methods to lower it via supplement/breathing exercise/lifestyle etc.

Best anti cortisol supplements?
Best routine for those who have been in this spot?

Runenight201

I’d steer away from the milk and oj. Start gravitating towards savory soupy dishes. A meat soup with plenty of tomatoes, leaves, salt should ground you and bring your cortisol levels way down. You may have to play around with the meat/fat/water/vegetation ratio to find the perfect balance for your body, but this should form the bedrock of your diet.

HumanLife

Could also be from increased carb intake leading to increased water weight. Try going for goat’s milk instead of cow’s milk. It has less lactase and should cause less bloating, and it is more similar to the milk of a human mother. It is more pricey though. In case you haven’t - remember to not take orange and milk too close together as well.

I was in a lower calorie diet too and ballooned when I stopped (from 100kg to 71.5kg through a deficit and training to 90kg when I stopped both and I didn’t even increase food intake as much) - now I eat as much as I want without fear and have been able to go to the gym more because I have more energy from more food. My mood is generally better as well and I am okay at being around 80kg. If I wanted to look lean for anything I would cut carbs and/or injest anything that decreases water weight. I also feel less hungry than usual, as in, it takes more time for me to feel hungry, and I could eat less food during the day without feeling the need that I HAVE to eat during the night (even after a training session) which makes sense because of increased glycogen stores.

Younger kids in general don’t feel like they need to eat much either, and it’s definitely not just because of their lower height and weight because there are kids of the same height and sex that feel the need to eat a lot more to feel satiated. Likely because of cortisol and lowered glycogen from their life or some other reason.

tasfarelel

I experienced a very strong cortisol reduction from 6-keto-progesterone (from idealabs). Never tested formally, but by judging how well I slept after introducing it (on top of pregnenolone and theanine) and the subjective energy level that dropped significantly (I had to increase T3 and my carb intake, and not use keto-6-P too often).

mostlylurking

I was at such a low calorie level to lose weight which I accomplished but my metabolism was wrecked in the process. My cortisol levels are extremely high and I’m looking for better methods to lower it via supplement/breathing exercise/lifestyle etc.
I gained 25 pounds in 25 days when my thiamine function was blocked via Bactrim antibiotic. Thiamine is required for oxidative metabolism. Sounds like a similar thing has happened to you. Perhaps you have a thiamine deficiency from not eating? I managed to recover in several months via high dose thiamine hcl plus magnesium. I also believe that niacinamide was key to allowing that weight to come off. I lost the weight after taking 90mg niacinamide 4Xday for several months.
Best anti cortisol supplements?
Best routine for those who have been in this spot?
Best anti cortisol supplements: magnesium lowers cortisol.

I chose to follow Dr. Costantini's protocol for high dose thiamine hcl. I take 1 gram 2Xday. There's lots of helpful information on his website. I take about 3/4 teaspoon of magnesium glycinate powder daily, divided into two doses (equals about 400mg magnesium). The high dose thiamine has greatly improved my tolerance for magnesium. I've been taking this amount of thiamine hcl, magnesium glycinate, and niacinamide for 2.5 years. I also take a pretty high dose of progesterone. And a little riboflavin. And prescription thyroid medication for my hypothyroidism.

-edit-
Note: I spent 4 months methodically increasing my dose of thiamine hcl. I started with around 300mg, 2Xday and increased the dose about every 10 days (when I felt like I needed more).

freyasam

I gained 25 pounds in 25 days when my thiamine function was blocked via Bactrim antibiotic. Thiamine is required for oxidative metabolism. Sounds like a similar thing has happened to you. Perhaps you have a thiamine deficiency from not eating? I managed to recover in several months via high dose thiamine hcl plus magnesium. I also believe that niacinamide was key to allowing that weight to come off. I lost the weight after taking 90mg niacinamide 4Xday for several months.

Best anti cortisol supplements: magnesium lowers cortisol.

I chose to follow Dr. Costantini's protocol for high dose thiamine hcl. I take 1 gram 2Xday. There's lots of helpful information on his website. I take about 3/4 teaspoon of magnesium glycinate powder daily, divided into two doses (equals about 400mg magnesium). The high dose thiamine has greatly improved my tolerance for magnesium. I've been taking this amount of thiamine hcl, magnesium glycinate, and niacinamide for 2.5 years. I also take a pretty high dose of progesterone. And a little riboflavin. And prescription thyroid medication for my hypothyroidism.

-edit-
Note: I spent 4 months methodically increasing my dose of thiamine hcl. I started with around 300mg, 2Xday and increased the dose about every 10 days (when I felt like I needed more).
Any suggestions for the insomnia and anxiety many of us get when taking thiamine? Like OP I have chronically high cortisol and react badly every time I try thiamine.

mostlylurking

Any suggestions for the insomnia and anxiety many of us get when taking thiamine? Like OP I have chronically high cortisol and react badly every time I try thiamine.
Don't take thiamine after 3:00pm; if taken later in the day it can cause sleep issues.

Thiamine uses magnesium to work. If you are low in magnesium, taking thiamine will make the deficiency worse. Magnesium lowers stress hormones, including cortisol. A magnesium deficiency will increase anxiety and an Epsom salts bath/soak will improve sleep because the body absorbs the magnesium sulfate (Epsom salts).

David PS

In addition to magnesium, it is important to have a good level of thyroid so that it can turn cholesterol into pregnenolone, progesterone and dhea which are the main opponents of cortisol.

The video is set to start after 46 minutes.

View: https://youtu.be/cWHyV8qiDwc?t=2788

youngsinatra

A mixed meal consisting of white rice with some meat cooked in saturated fat plus some ripe, peeled fruit for dessert is very grounding for me personally. It definitely makes me calm and in the evening even a bit sleepy afterwards. (in a positive way)

David PS

A mixed meal consisting of white rice with some meat cooked in saturated fat plus some ripe, peeled fruit for dessert is very grounding for me personally. It definitely makes me calm and in the evening even a bit sleepy afterwards. (in a positive way)

Agreed. Georgi spoke about 4:21 Cortisol and Insulin Resistance.

Mazzle

I listen to cortisol lowering frequencies on YTube from people like Sapien and Good Vibes. Listen to the ones that run for 11 hours or so. I wake up often during the night with my heart racing and in full panic mode, it's horrible.

freyasam

In addition to magnesium, it is important to have a good level of thyroid so that it can turn cholesterol into pregnenolone, progesterone and dhea which are the main opponents of cortisol.

The video is set to start after 46 minutes.

View: https://youtu.be/cWHyV8qiDwc?t=2788

This is a great clip. My problem (and that of others who struggle to tolerate thyroid) is that I have too much cortisol to take thyroid and even tiny crumbs of thyroid taken with food increase cortisol and stress response.

David PS

This is a great clip. My problem (and that of others who struggle to tolerate thyroid) is that I have too much cortisol to take thyroid and even tiny crumbs of thyroid taken with food increase cortisol and stress response.

There is a lot of information on the forum about lowering cortisol. Here is a search that may help.

David PS

@freyasam - Here is are the timestamps from a recent video interview of Georgi.

00:32 Vitamin A/Copper Toxicity
4:21 Cortisol and Insulin Resistance
12:53 What Long Term Obesity does to your HEALTH
26:40 Best way to Exercise
31:17 How Much PROTEIN
47:49 Randle Cycle
56:00 Cortisol Cliff Notes
1:08:00 Glyphosates

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals