A thread for Great movies to watch

Autumn

I don’t think anyone’s mentioned Dogtooth. Brilliant movie. Greek. But brutal.

I can’t think of any movie more relevant to the current times.

About the collective versus the individual. And what the collective deems fit for the individual.

Early on, the main character thinks she is so informed, and debates issues with her brother.

But then, the family (which, I think, represents the collective) changes its state toward her, and traumatic revelations ensue.

Horrible horrible movie. But unforgettable.

How do you find freedom, when everything you’ve ever been taught is a lie?

P

Peatness

I don’t think anyone’s mentioned Dogtooth. Brilliant movie. Greek. But brutal.

I can’t think of any movie more relevant to the current times.

About the collective versus the individual. And what the collective deems fit for the individual.

Early on, the main character thinks she is so informed, and debates issues with her brother.

But then, the family (which, I think, represents the collective) changes its state toward her, and traumatic revelations ensue.

Horrible horrible movie. But unforgettable.

How do you find freedom, when everything you’ve ever been taught is a lie?
Dogtooth - One of the best films I've ever seen. Yes the subject matter is horrid but it's a cinematic masterpiece.

Z

Zsazsa

Someone recommended it to me:
Percy

AlaskaJono

The Velvet Queen. Beautiful film, French language, mais....Not so much, but Engrish Subtitles. Incredible Cinematography. On various legit and other sites.

1666924516753.png

Zerdusht

For me, it's the McChicken. The best fast food sandwich. I even ask for extra McChicken sauce packets and the staff is so friendly and more than willing to oblige.

One time I asked for McChicken sauce packets and they gave me three. I said, "Wow, three for free!" and the nice friendly McDonald's worker laughed and said, "I'm going to call you 3-for-free!".

Now the staff greets me with "hey it's 3-for-free!" and ALWAYS give me three packets. It's such a fun and cool atmosphere at my local McDonald's restaurant, I go there at least 3 times a week for lunch and a large iced coffee with milk instead of cream, 1-2 times for breakfast on the weekend, and maybe once for dinner when I'm in a rush but want a great meal that is affordable, fast, and can match my daily nutritional needs.

I even dip my fries in McChicken sauce, it's delicious! What a great restaurant.
https://www.reddit.com/r/copypasta/comments/6zhkue/for_me_its_the_mcchicken/

Z

Zsazsa

Anyone facing a possible scarcity in egg supply should watch the last short story in this movie

AlaskaJono

This thread is weak. ***t films.
Well Samurai, let's beef it up! Japanese Cult Classic - the trio of "Hanzo The Razor" . WARNING - Not for the timid, bizarre sex n slashing swords (not too bloody actually). Shows the Edo period decline, and the wacky world this honest policeman must navigate to get justice done. :cool:

Samurai Drive

Well Samurai, let's beef it up! Japanese Cult Classic - the trio of "Hanzo The Razor" . WARNING - Not for the timid, bizarre sex n slashing swords (not too bloody actually). Shows the Edo period decline, and the wacky world this honest policeman must navigate to get justice done. :cool:
Mm very niche, ill keep my eye out for it.
My top 5 movies seen thus year

Aftersun - lovely proper film
Smile - Scary
Uncut gems - stressful but great
Bone tomehawk - surprisingly gd
Good Time - cool as ****

LadyRae

Black Mirror series, Netflix
Fight Club
It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World
Dances with Wolves
Breaking Bad