About silicone and bamboo shoots - hypothesis

OlegR

I just want to share a little idea that i found in an article about supplementing silicic acid/silicone (as we lack it due to soil acidity and possibly other factors). I realize that this article belongs to a sort of "pop" alternativism, but maybe there is something to it.

The fragment that got me interested is this:
"Russian scientist M. Voronkov proved that silicon absorbs and binds fungi, including Candida and other mycotoxins that affect dysbiosis. However, it turns out that symbiotic bacteria from the Lactobacillus family don’t have the ability to “stick” to silicon solutions. This is an extremely valuable discovery. Thanks to Voronkov, we know how important the symbiotic balance in our intestines is for human immunity."

Bamboo as we know is one of the biggest silicone accumulating plant (losing only to horsetails in this respect), so its anti-mycotoxin effect may be explained due to the effect of silicic substances which it contains.

Had RP ever explained the mechanism by which eating bamboo shoots for endotoxin elimination works?

UPD: In a similar manner it may be applied to mushrooms as well as they also have high silicone content .

Last edited:

frannybananny

I just want to share a little idea that i found in an article about supplementing silicic acid/silicone (as we lack it due to soil acidity and possibly other factors). I realize that this article belongs to a sort of "pop" alternativism, but maybe there is something to it.

"Russian scientist M. Voronkov proved that silicon absorbs and binds fungi, including Candida and other mycotoxins that affect dysbiosis. However, it turns out that symbiotic bacteria from the Lactobacillus family don’t have the ability to “stick” to silicon solutions. This is an extremely valuable discovery. Thanks to Voronkov, we know how important the symbiotic balance in our intestines is for human immunity."

Bamboo as we know is one of the biggest silicone accumulating plant (losing only to horsetails in this respect), so its anti-mycotoxin effect may be explained due to the effect of silicic substances which it contains.

Had RP ever explained the mechanism by which eating bamboo shoots for endotoxin elimination works?

UPD: In a similar manner it may be applied to mushrooms as well as they also have high silicone content .
One of the largest components of Diatomaceous Earth is silicon. When using food grade DE it is safe to ingest small amounts of it everyday. I used to take 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon of it everyday in water to see if it would help my nails and hair grow stronger. I only did it for a couple of months but found that it made me constipated because I wasn't drinking enough water. I wonder if diatomaceous earth has anti-mycotoxin effects? Is it the same kind of silicon as bamboo shoots?

Also there's this important fact >> Silicon is a natural chemical element, silicone is a man-made product. The words are often used interchangeably but there are important differences. Whilst silicon is natural, silicone is a man-made polymer derived from silicon.<<

Oleg

I've noticed a difference between shredded and washed carrots and canned bamboo. It subtle, but quite evident. I might try to come up with a combination salad that tastes good. Thank you for the post

OP
O

OlegR

@frannybananny - Thank you for clarifying the difference with word use.
Regarding DE - it's an absorbent, so it's akin to activated charcoal in its action, and activated charcoal causes constipation at least for me, so all is as expected here:).
Is it the same kind of silicon as bamboo shoots?
I don't know 100%, but i believe they are different, so i don't think one could use DE to supplement silicon (although DE is supposed to be biogenic (remains of diatom algae)). DE (as well as water glass i.e. sodium/potassium silicate btw) is used as a "silicon fertilizer". I guess DE is modified somehow by soil microorganisms and/or by plant - i think to something like this Tabasheer - Wikipedia (white tabasheer on pictures in the internet is thermally processed though, i.e. it's not what they take immediately from a bamboo)

@Twohandsondeck made a post about eating DE and rock powders here [Using rock powders for health] Book notes/summary: The Enlivened Rock Powders by Harvey Lisle - it's about a book which, i believe, is inspired by Rudolf Steiner theories and possibly some others, and is more about general physics/chemistry and agriculture theory, and it doesn't provide some definitive conclusions and dietary advice...

@Oleg - that's interesting. There is a kind of a "rule of thumb" that tubers contain "antibiotics" in order not to start rotting in soil (which is an environment conducive to it), while bamboo shoots are on the upside, above the soil. So the effect they produce when we consume them may be similar, but they should have different mode of action.

Last edited:

Philomath

@Rinse & rePeat this correlates well with your post and experiences with juiced wheatgrass:

“Silicon is essential in every living organism. It’s found particularly in life-giving fluids, such as chlorophyll in plants and haemoglobin in the human body.”

OP
O

OlegR

@Rinse & rePeat this correlates well with your post and experiences with juiced wheatgrass:

“Silicon is essential in every living organism. It’s found particularly in life-giving fluids, such as chlorophyll in plants and haemoglobin in the human body.”
I don't think it is contained in chlorophyll per se, but silicon is a part of sugar transport system in a plant.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals