Acne Rosacea, DMSO, Antibiotics, Tetracycline, Aspirin

Experienced

It's in a tablet, I assume? The best way to take aspirin is to dissolve the pure crystals in water that has been alkalinized with baking soda. I know that sounds like a lot of work, but you could really wreak havoc on your gut taking straight aspirin tablets every day or even straight powder. I fill a glass a quarter of the way up and stir in 1/4 tsp of baking soda until it dissolves. Then I pour 1/16 teaspoon of USP aspirin crystals in and let it sit until all the crystal dissolve. Then I fill it up all the way with water and stir in a heaping spoonful of hydrolyzed collagen.

I know that sounds like a huge pain, and that's why I've avoided aspirin for so long, but it really is a wonder drug if you can get past the sides. I don't live in the Netherlands so I don't know where you would get any of that stuff, but if you're getting stomach aches, then you're at risk for ulcers.

I was gonna post some threads, but it seems a lot of stuff has already been answered in your other thread Aspirin Low Dose Long Term Use Side Effects

Sorry I can't help you any further

My stomach is hurting as ****

ddjd

Great Lakes Hydrolyzed Collagen. I'm taking it orally, and the glycine prevents side effects from the aspirin like stomach upset and tinnitus. Pure glycine powder might be better.
If you ever take lisuride again, try taking aspirin around the same time. The lisuride completely stops any stomach soreness. I don't know how it works but it works!

Peatogenic

Nothing has worked except now I'm taking 500 mg aspirin in baking soda and gelatin. It's working really well so far.

Any updates @Pointless ?

I think I have very low grade rosacea....a few of the pustules, telangiectasia, etc. I'm almost positive now that mine is related to digestive issues. I take Glycine powder + proline, but don't take aspirin.

OP
Pointless

Pointless

I've been supplementing some magnesium lately which seems to make it a bit worse. So not a lot of progress on it. I think thyroid might help long term.

Scenes

Try MB or haidut’s oxidal. I have mild rosacea, or something similar, with all the constant redness, and the flushing can get bad.

Don’t flush at all on oxidal and the redness is drastically reduced.

Mauritio

Try MB or haidut’s oxidal. I have mild rosacea, or something similar, with all the constant redness, and the flushing can get bad.

Don’t flush at all on oxidal and the redness is drastically reduced.
I think its a gut issue in general, but also for you. Oxidal antagonises NO . NO goes up when Serotonin goes up, which gets released when you have digestive issues.
Thats why antibiotics (orally) should be working . Already ordered some Doxycycline.
I also tried Oxidal and its great. But I just showed how serotonin is not beneficial for flushing and rosacea and if you're not careful serotonin goes up when taking Oxidal long term and are not beeing careful about food choices. Plus I suspect that people that already have gut issues are the "sensitive" ones concerning Oxidal and get elevated serotonin even when taking small doses.

Peatogenic

I think its a gut issue in general but also for you. Oxidal antagonises NO . No goes up when serotonin goes up, which gets released when you have digestive issues.
Thats why antibiotics (orally) should be working . Already ordered some Doxycycline. I also tried Oxidal and its great but I just showed how serotonin is not beneficial for skin issues and if youre not carefull serotonin goes up when taking Oxidal long term and not beeing carefull about fooid choices. Plus I suspect that people that already have gut issues are the "sensitive" ones concerning Oxidal and get elevated serotonin even when tkaing small doses.

That was my first thought..

Mauritio

Peatogenic

Have you tried antibiotics for that purpose though ?

For other purposes, yes. Antibiotics scare me a little, though....as their use could have even led to digestive issues/imbalances. Short term radical change, no doubt. If antibiotics were the longterm cure for rosacea, whatever it is, there would be no rosacea is my thinking. I also have the very mild variation without the red, inflamed skin.

Mauritio

For other purposes, yes. Antibiotics scare me a little, though....as their use could have even led to digestive issues/imbalances. Short term radical change, no doubt. If antibiotics were the longterm cure for rosacea, whatever it is, there would be no rosacea is my thinking. I also have the very mild variation without the red, inflamed skin.
What antibiotics did you take? I once took AB for an ear infection and it made my flushing and sweating much worse.
Do you think there are beneficial bacteria ? RP thinks that a sterile gut is the optimum, but I have a strange gut feeling about that (no pun intended) .
I think rosacea is basically an energy deficit. Which might involve gut, liver and thyroid. So beeing on this forum and going peat should theoretically cure rosacea. Are there any success stories on this forum ?

Peatogenic

What antibiotics did you take? I once took AB for an ear infection and it made my flushing and sweating much worse.
Do you think there are beneficial bacteria ? RP thinks that a sterile gut is the optimum, but I have a strange gut feeling about that (no pun intended) .
I think rosacea is basically an energy deficit. Which might involve gut, liver and thyroid. So beeing on this forum and going peat should theoretically cure rosacea. Are there any success stories on this forum ?

Can't remember the antibiotic, but I remember it revitalizing my skin.

I don't know if there's good bacteria...

Peatogenic

Peat's advice of B2 deficiency in rosacea makes a lot of sense. Along with a metabolic breakdown, I've sensed that it's a gut/liver symbiotic breakdown. B2 is both important for regulating endotoxin as well as regulating liver excretion. Antibiotics would not cure either problem. It could eradicate endotoxin, etc and decrease burden on liver, but I guess only as long as you were on them. And I don't think endotoxin is a problem? but rather a dysregulation of endotoxin.

Birdie

I just read Peat's Rosacea article a couple more times. I'm using the niacinamide topically starting yesterday. Taking aspirin with baking soda, riboflavin, and generally trying to increase metabolism and reduce endotoxin. I've got several things going along with the rosacea.

CuriousKay

I don't think this has been posted before, but I think this page is very interesting. I have issues with the skin on my face much like this. He's doing some Peaty things to control inflammation and fight infection.

Acne Rosacea, DMSO, antibiotics, tetracycline, aspirin

I've tried DMSO + Aspirin and haven't noticed any improvement with it. I'm currently using sublimed sulfur with a commercial preparation called Solarcaine, and it seems to be helping, but I'm not sure.
I'm curious about this. The link doesn't work anymore, is there a link that works for this page?

How are you doing now?

Suddenly overnight, after taking my second vax for vid in the spring, developed large cysts on my face.

I was on tetracycline for 2.5 mo, and then I have been on doxycycline for 3 months. Now it looks like it's not cystic acne, but acne rosacea.

I've been using different topical ointments too, but after having been on topical ivermectin for a litte over a week, it's getting worse. Not sure if it's a "purge" and that it'll get better afterwards or not.

I'm just trying to figure out what to do, because the doctors are now talking about isotretinoin.

I'm trying to work on healing the gut and lowering estrogen, but seems I'm failing.

OP
Pointless

Pointless

I'm curious about this. The link doesn't work anymore, is there a link that works for this page?

How are you doing now?

Suddenly overnight, after taking my second vax for vid in the spring, developed large cysts on my face.

I was on tetracycline for 2.5 mo, and then I have been on doxycycline for 3 months. Now it looks like it's not cystic acne, but acne rosacea.

I've been using different topical ointments too, but after having been on topical ivermectin for a litte over a week, it's getting worse. Not sure if it's a "purge" and that it'll get better afterwards or not.

I'm just trying to figure out what to do, because the doctors are now talking about isotretinoin.

I'm trying to work on healing the gut and lowering estrogen, but seems I'm failing.
High dose vitamin A worked for my acne. I take D, E, K2, and get dietary calcium to prevent side effects. Thiamine is good for joint issues that might come up as a side effect.

If I have an acute breakout, which is rare and is usually from taking hormones, Solban knocks it out fast.

CuriousKay

High dose vitamin A worked for my acne. I take D, E, K2, and get dietary calcium to prevent side effects. Thiamine is good for joint issues that might come up as a side effect.

If I have an acute breakout, which is rare and is usually from taking hormones, Solban knocks it out fast.
Thank you!

After seeing a dermatologist and being diagnosed with acne rosacea, I finally caved in and said Yes to starting a low-dose isotretinoin treatment. So now I'm searching for ways to support my liver and prevent side effects.

I wonder if isotretinoin, which I believe is a Vit A derivative, has the same side effects as high Vit A doses. I know that joint and muscle pain (along with a whole host of other things, like dry/chapped skin, brittle hair and nails, etc) are side effects of isotretinoin.

Do you supplement with all those vitamins or get them through whole foods?

OP
Pointless

Pointless

Thank you!

After seeing a dermatologist and being diagnosed with acne rosacea, I finally caved in and said Yes to starting a low-dose isotretinoin treatment. So now I'm searching for ways to support my liver and prevent side effects.

I wonder if isotretinoin, which I believe is a Vit A derivative, has the same side effects as high Vit A doses. I know that joint and muscle pain (along with a whole host of other things, like dry/chapped skin, brittle hair and nails, etc) are side effects of isotretinoin.

I supplement them because I had a bowel resection.

LadyRae

Thank you!

How is your rosacea now? Did the Isotretinoin work? Did you try topical Ivermectin?

CuriousKay

I got topical Ivermectin which made the situation much worse, but I'm not sure if it got so bad because that was at the same time they pulled me off the antibiotics or not.

The isotretinoin was/is pretty incredible. I was on it for 5 months, then took a break because I needed to travel to a sunny area. I'm back on it now, and my skin looks better and better. It also helps with my Hidradenitis Suppurativa, which has been more or less in remission for a few years, but has been flaring up a bit lately.

I am on very low dose, and as of right now it has NO side effects. I love the way my skin looks, even if there's still some things left that need to be repaired. I expect I'll be on it for quite some time, and I'm hoping it'll be long enough to where my HS and rosacea go away completely.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals