Adam Curtis ruling class imperialist shill?

Drareg

Adam Curtis has done some very good work, he is clearly highly intelligent, his latest series is called "can’t get you out of my head". I would encourage people to watch all his work, great soundtracks and informative.
The latest series covers conspiracy theories and the possible reasons for them, it also covers grand ideologies and the current issues society is facing, big tech and data is also covered, he doesn’t touch cybernetics which is another glaring omission IMO.

The problem for me is he seems to be creating his own conspiracy theories as I am here in some way, it’s like his documentaries are information decoys aimed at the educated moderately intelligent aspect of society mainly aligned with the center of politics, he frames things as been somewhat random, politicians and big power is more bumbling along rather than being highly organized, this is exactly what those in power would want us to believe, if they are caught it is portrayed as being human weakness rather than highly organized psychopathology.

He is in a salaried position at the BBC, he initially worked on the show "that’s life" hosted by Esther Rantzen, Rantzen was linked into the paedophile jimmy saville which is worth a look into, saville was linked to the royal family, Rantzen is very much connected to ruling class.
What I found interesting in Adam Curtis’s latest documentary and similarly to his previous work there is always glaring omissions that he must know about, for example he covers the Q anon conspiracy theory and flippantly dismisses the association Q anon make between the elites and paedophiles, Q anon is clearly a psyop/information decoy along with pizza gate to get people off the Jeffrey Epstein child sex trafficking story, Prince Andrew was also involved here, nowhere does Curtis cover this, he blames human imagination driven by fear and uncertainty as the cause of people believing the elites are paedophiles.

He also criticizes intelligence agencies like MI6 as useless, they fail to predict anything he says, he paints a picture that this is there job, intelligence agencies don’t really just do that, they create information to form meanings in people’s mind, propaganda, Curtis is a prime example of an intelligence agent, they cause the problems for the most part and in some cases allow things to happen, you don’t need to predict what you know you are going to do, they are agents of causation, the computer/online data he claims is useless to predict anything is not what it’s for, it’s designed to understand our meanings, from there systems of information can be created to usher us into, nudges, it’s not about predicting what we will do, more about understanding where our current meanings are at and applying different information to differing beliefs systems with the ultimate goal to usher us into a system via dangling the carrot of information.

My belief or current conspiracy is that Adam Curtis is an Imperialist, the new imperialism is being ushered in under the guise of the green new deal, he is supportive of said deal, he believes that the internet in its current form dominated by google, Facebook etc is bad but it can be a force for good, he believes individualism is just getting started and that we can use the internet to further this by allowing the people to own it so to speak, what he is alluding to is a sovereign individual, a digital identity where your data is yours and you choose what to do with it, it’s basically the rambling of the fourth industrial revolution al la Klaus Schwaub et al, Curtis alludes to this which is necessary, he can’t come right out and say it because the conspiracy theorists will be all over him! his target audience are the moderately intelligent both young and old, normies essentially ,they will come to the green new deal and great reset conclusions as the solution, Curtis dangles the carrot of information knowing his target audience meanings.

I started this thread to discuss his documentaries a bit more and see what all of you think, I may need to watch this again if I’m being honest but I intuit and imperialist shill as it currently stands, he is too smart to miss certain topics, it could be the BBC stopping him but who knows, we may as well create a conspiracy theory.

It available in BBC iplayer, it’s only available if your currently in the UK, the link below may be cut and clipped in places, I can’t be sure because I haven’t viewed on Iplayer yet.

Xavage

Completely agree and I have had same thought. Many thanks for this post! :)

gaze

the problem is, there is no evidence for some of your claims. "Q anon is clearly psyop" says who? where's the proof. i myself think that as well just based off logic, but for someone like Curtis who is expected to use factual information, there is nothing confirm that claim.

also, you think he's protecting klaus schaub? he calls out the elites and the bankers and quantitative easing and how the rich get rich. why would he try to protect klaus schaub? is it only cause he supports the green new deal? for me personally, the green new deal has some reasonable goals that are good for society I think, of course there's also a lot of mistruths and false assumptions on climate change as well, but thousands of well respected people believe in it, are they all agents? i think it's unfair to claim someone who believes in the green new deal to be agent rather they're mainly just misinformed (along with probably some agents here and there) as on its surface it makes sense why so many people are in favor of it (because the majority of people believe in the co2 theory of climate change, for better or worse)

OP
Drareg

Drareg

the problem is, there is no evidence for some of your claims. "Q anon is clearly psyop" says who? where's the proof. i myself think that as well just based off logic, but for someone like Curtis who is expected to use factual information, there is nothing confirm that claim.

also, you think he's protecting klaus schaub? he calls out the elites and the bankers and quantitative easing and how the rich get rich. why would he try to protect klaus schaub? is it only cause he supports the green new deal? for me personally, the green new deal has some reasonable goals that are good for society I think, of course there's also a lot of mistruths and false assumptions on climate change as well, but thousands of well respected people believe in it, are they all agents? i think it's unfair to claim someone who believes in the green new deal to be agent rather they're mainly just misinformed (along with probably some agents here and there) as on its surface it makes sense why so many people are in favor of it (because the majority of people believe in the co2 theory of climate change, for better or worse)

There is no evidence available because of the secrecy act etc, we are supposed to blindly trust the intelligence organizations, however we do have past behaviors of said agencies as evidence, if that’s anything to go by then it’s a safe hedge to assume they are corrupt rather than trust them.

Most people who believe in the green new deal are normies, they don’t have time to think in some cases because they are working, dealing with kids etc, someone like curtis who is clearly highly perceptive and in the profession of investigative journalism should see the links.

Corey Morningstar covers the green new deal quite well, I don’t agree with all she says, she makes the links and it’s undeniable the green new deal is the financialization of nature, capitalism 2.0, it’s adds 50 trillion onto the global economy.

OP
Drareg

Drareg

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom